• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever met anyone famous or noteworthy in a multiplayer match?

Edmund

I got my ass handed to me by Japanese pro player Machabo in Street Fighter 6 battlehub

Played regularly with a professional NBA player back in the day until I fell out of the cycle of games he'd frequent (mainly FPS games on PC).

For the sake of discretion, I'll refrain from disclosing his identity. Cool guy, relatively chill, but had to be hyper aware about who he played with out of fear his communications would be recorded and released to the press (he never said anything controversial or distasteful, IMO, but he couldn't run the risk). A few of his group members were streamers and they'd shut off their streams out of respect.

Played regularly with a professional NBA player back in the day until I fell out of the cycle of games he'd frequent (mainly FPS games on PC).

For the sake of discretion, I'll refrain from disclosing his identity. Cool guy, relatively chill, but had to be hyper aware about who he played with out of fear his communications would be recorded and released to the press (he never said anything controversial or distasteful, IMO, but he couldn't run the risk). A few of his group members were streamers and they'd shut off their streams out of respect.
That's kinda cool that they did that for him. How did you come across him?

Also, just gonna assume it's LeBron 😂

T4keD0wN

Ive beat IIIIIIIIIIII in StarCraft 2. (lets see if anyone gets this joke)
Joking aside, i got my ass handed to me by probably a few dozen of "famous" StarCraft 2 pros when playing regular ladder matches, but thats pretty common imo.

ZoukGalaxy

Only myself, I'm very notorious to my cats.

adopts cat lady GIF

I'm sorry ---> [ ]

Perrott

Gold Member
Hmmm, maybe the time that I played some GTA Online with Stuntmanorigins, a youtuber who made Loquendo videos of Rockstar and Naughty Dog titles.

Poordevil

Years ago on PC I was into Nascar racing. The game had a board, kind of like neogaf, where you could hang out and discuss the game. I remember a guy came on and introduced himself as Dale Earnhardt Jr. Well, you can imagine the reaction. Some guys believed it was him and others thought he was an imposter. Personally after reading his posts I believed it was really Dale.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

100% why I have never shared my main gaming accounts especially on Xbox

Years ago on PC I was into Nascar racing. The game had a board, kind of like neogaf, where you could hang out and discuss the game. I remember a guy came on and introduced himself as Dale Earnhardt Jr. Well, you can imagine the reaction. Some guys believed it was him and others thought he was an imposter. Personally after reading his posts I believed it was really Dale.
That's pretty cool actually

Jigsaah

Gold Member
About a month or so ago I played Lord Knight (of FGC fame) in Guilty Gear Strive. I was on Bridget, he was using May. We played 2 sets. First set I beat him 3-0. Second set he beat me 3-0.

He was streaming it as well so I went to his stream and he was really cool and said I was really good. It meant alot comeing from a top 8 EVO professional player. His community was also pretty cool. They said it was a really fun match to watch.

I think he would have absolutely destroyed me if he was on his main. I've seen his Baiken play and I've never played a Baiken like that before.

Last edited:
Played regularly with Rory McElroy on RFOM, before he started winning all those golf tournaments. Of course I've no way to verify it was actually him but, I remember telling him sorry bro but never heard of ya. He was one cocky mofo 😅

Jackfrags and levelcap on a random bf3 server.
I was just watching his vids earlier today. Seems cool.
Played a number of times against Maximillian Dood in multiple fighting games. Guy is always a good sportsmanship even after destroying me every time.
I like his stuff. He's like if darksydephil had been a good guy lol.
Snoop Dogg playing UNO online on the Xbox 360.
Is this real? I feel like there's a video of him on uno or something

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Got featured twice in a GT7 Monday Tigney video. First time he spelled my username all weird and the second time he punted me to death.

mrmustard

Banned
Famous? No. Noteworthy? Oddly enough i've met several people who said they know my mom very well although she doesn't even play games!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I met Keiji Inafune, who is a top-notch thief and a liar.

Keiichiro Toyama the creator of Silent hill and Gravity rush... He is a good person. He congratulated me in my birthday.

Gravity Rush Artist congratulated me on my Birthday.

Gus Rodríguez, who is a video game celebrity in Mexico and was a pioneer gamer, I met him and I appeared on television because I was the first person to discover the Yoshi island Easter egg.

Some famous Youtubers that I have never really heard in my life and I treat them as a normal person.

Famous or not... I told the Director representing Meristation magazine that he was inept because he gave 10 to Cyberpunk 2077 video game, without justificativo with all the bugs controversy... In the end he was speechless and I won the argument xD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom