• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever met anyone famous or noteworthy in a multiplayer match?

Sleepwalker

I played F1 with Checo Perez and Max Verstappen at a red bull event.

Few years prior I got to play FIFA with a few barcelona players at an EA event. (no, Messi did not attend. rip)

These were all local multiplayer instances though, have never come across someone famous online.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I played a match of Siege against YouTuber Evan Braddock once. I actually didn't know who it was until a friend noticed his name.

Not really famous, but that's the only streamer or Youtuber I've ever played online.

Otherwise I've played with and against some DICE devs in Battlefield before.

Last edited:

Griffon

Famous people usually never disclose who they are to their online gaming circles. If you played a lot of organized online games, chances are you did play with someone famous without realizing it.

Online gaming is a very good escape for celebrities.

Last edited:

lem0n

He's only a big deal if you're big into cars like me, but I met and befriended Bob Hall (often considered the father of the Mazda Miata) in a Forza Horizon lobby once. We played most of that game online together and some of Horizon 2. He was absolutely full of stories from his time in the industry. Fascinating guy!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I once cannibalized Basshunter in Rust after a bear killed him. I wasn't really into the game so I didn't play much, but he ran a server, and I liked his music.

Played a number of times against Maximillian Dood in multiple fighting games. Guy is always a good sportsmanship even after destroying me every time.
Max is very cool even if you body him. Very good disposition for a streamer.
I play a lot of very well known people in the FGC regularly and am constantly in Ranked matches with pro players in Smite and Siege.

Last edited:
I once cannibalized Basshunter in Rust after a bear killed him. I wasn't really into the game so I didn't play much, but he ran a server, and I liked his music.
You play on console or pc? I always want to try this but only have console and I heard it sucked at release so I never got it

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I played with MrListerTheSisterFister in gears of war and BukkakeNinja in Fortnite.

The most famous names I’ve ran across for sure.

DocEbok

Ran into fatality few times in pubg with that site that would show who killed or who you killed clips. He was making his teammates bait for him and seemed angry -.-

nikos

Lots of top players in the Street Fighter IV days, both in real life (locals/majors) and online. I'm on an episode of Excellent Adventures or two.

Ran into streamers in PUBG/CoD such as Dr. Disrespect, chocoTaco, Swagg, hambinooo.

Not sure if this counts, but I went to a Tekken 7 tournament and I met Harada, Markman, Aris, Diago, Justin Wong, Speedkicks and a few other tournament players. It was really cool. I got to talk to Harada the longest and he was extremely nice.

Pelta88

Not sure if this counts, but I went to a Tekken 7 tournament and I met Harada, Markman, Aris, Diago, Justin Wong, Speedkicks and a few other tournament players. It was really cool. I got to talk to Harada the longest and he was extremely nice.

Played SMUG on an invite and he beat me so badly I had to reconsider some things. The speed of his Balrog in SFV is insanity.

I dunno what the barometer is but I met many top national Smash Melee players 15 years ago or so. Guess that's about as close as it gets for me.

Crayon

I got lined up against then time world champion ricky ortiz in a regional. I never actually know what ricky looked like so I had no idea. All I knew was wow that was the best sf player I ever played. It felt like I was being controlled like a puppet.

NewYork214

David jaffe in calling all cars. Remember reading his blog every day and him setting up games. Now I love watching his YouTube.

GermanZepp

Gow ascension MP, started playing with a friend and a dude who later become n°3 in the world for a while. Such a fun game, very broken though, and ruined by microtransaction sh*t.

Last edited:
He's only a big deal if you're big into cars like me, but I met and befriended Bob Hall (often considered the father of the Mazda Miata) in a Forza Horizon lobby once. We played most of that game online together and some of Horizon 2. He was absolutely full of stories from his time in the industry. Fascinating guy!
This is awesome, what was he like?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I met my girlfriend playing halo 3 back in 2008. She was the only female voice that I had heard all day. I sent her a message with my MySpace and she thought I was cute. She lived in Austin Texas so I took a greyhound bus to visit her.

Lost my virginity to her but it was worth it. Unfortunately this was right after high school and the distance was too much. Had I not had a mental health crisis I'd probably still be with her.

Vandole

I was in the underground indie film, Irish American Ninja, and had almost a minute worth of dialogue. So while I haven't played with anyone famous, if you play with me, you'll get to play with someone famous... kinda... sorta... maybe...

PanzerCute

I played in the same guild as Winz in World of Warcraft. That guy is a legend in FPS games, became world champion in 4 fast fps (Quake, Unreal, Shootmania) and was also very famous in Overwatch before OWL.

That guy was a prick.

Calverz

How'd that happen
He plays COD a lot. Well not so much the mp anymore. More warzone now. But back in the original mw2 days he was really active on Twitter and would host matches with fans etc. he played a lot with his son at that time. Over the years Iv kept up to date with his tag and see him from time to time playing online. Joined a couple of his matches. He is a pretty chill guy.

Pantz

Phreak, one of the commentators/announcers for League of Legends in a Dominion match. He called me a name in all chat... "stupid head" or something like that. We went pretty even on kills against each other. RIP Dominion.

jeffyjaixx

I randomly matched and played with ML 7, Fitzyhere, and Kragie before in ranked OW. Won all the games with them 😄

He plays COD a lot. Well not so much the mp anymore. More warzone now. But back in the original mw2 days he was really active on Twitter and would host matches with fans etc. he played a lot with his son at that time. Over the years Iv kept up to date with his tag and see him from time to time playing online. Joined a couple of his matches. He is a pretty chill guy.
That's really cool. He seems like he'd be a fun hang

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I played TF2 with Dopefish a few times.

Top Bottom