• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen an actual PS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are too heavy, nobody can even put them in a box.

Who am I kidding, I could not care less... we all know it doesnt look very good and that our living room floors will need re-enforcement before we get the console.

Folks, did you all see that pic where someone is holding a PS5 box package? This marlongaming dude on twitter shared the pic, what do you all think? Is it legit?
EgtOlvxXgAEuOPX

So the ps-5 doesn't exist till you see a real photo of it being held by a social media influencer.. got it
Why not? The same standard is held for XSX with regards to games. Unless people are playing the system the XSX has no games. See how silly this is?

Shubh_C63

Not revealing the price is one thing but hardware is freezed and units must be available already to ship to reviewers.

No way gen will be delayed but I can't think of a reason why Sony would not send these to say Digital Foundry etc already. Was PS4 already available to any reviewers/techsites before the actual release ?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why not? The same standard is held for XSX with regards to games. Unless people are playing the system the XSX has no games. See how silly this is?

“SonyToo” - the thread. Interesting and well coordinated attempt at throwing F.U.D. PS5’s way by setting up a false equivalence between readiness of the console and the games and somehow tech sites not having the units months ahead of launch (nice attempt to deflect from all the major first and third party games captured on PS5 units).

“SonyToo” - the thread. Interesting and well coordinated attempt at throwing F.U.D. PS5’s way by setting up a false equivalence between readiness of the console and the games and somehow tech sites not having the units months ahead of launch (nice attempt to deflect from all the major first and third party games captured on PS5 units).
How do you know they were captured on a PS5? Have you seen a hands on hardware reveal we missed? I know I've seen an XSX teardown so a SonyToo is warranted.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Somebody ask Geoff if he saw one during the controller preview.

Is this the new FUD topic? The new “overheating” “low yields” “1080p/30”??

It is strong wishful thinking in thread form at best, yet another group chat coordinated smear campaign attempt that will not stick at worst. They are keeping PS5 in the front page and looking silly, angry and nervous, and defensive.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
How do you know they were captured on a PS5? Have you seen a hands on hardware reveal we missed? I know I've seen an XSX teardown so a SonyToo is warranted.

So, it is a mass conspiracy... that is what you are going with? Xbox fans should be pissed at seeing their brand represented with such outlandish arguments like this: it makes the Xbox camp look like taken over by astroturfers or thin foil hatted conspiracy theorists.

Ok, I am game... do you see how much worse it looks like when all these third party developers would accept being part of this conspiracy with Sony and not with MS? Working with Sony to make PS5 look better and not with MS to make the same for XSX? Is that a much better outlook?
Also, have you benchmarked your software on XSX to be sure it is not bottlenecked and reaches 12 TFLOPS? Have you ran benchmarks to see the XVA really delivers 4.8 GB/s or more, what if it is bottlenecked and reaches only 500 MB/s?

Do you see how silly this conversation gets once you run into baseless F.U.D. territory?

Again, these tactics are keeping PS5 in the news cycle and making the green camp look like dominated by conspiracy theorists at best and rabid fanboys or astroturfers at worst, not awesome for the brand. Not sure what is the goal, but it cannot be this...

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned

Pay particular attention to this one:

1.jpg

So, it is a mass conspiracy... that is what you are going with? Xbox fans should be pissed at seeing their brand represented with such outlandish arguments like this: it makes the Xbox camp look like taken over by astroturfers or thin foil hatted conspiracy theorists.

Ok, I am game... do you see how much worse it looks like when all these third party developers would accept being part of this conspiracy with Sony and not with MS? Working with Sony to make PS5 look better and not with MS to make the same for XSX? Is that a much better outlook?
Also, have you benchmarked your software on XSX to be sure it is not bottlenecked and reaches 12 TFLOPS? Have you ran benchmarks to see the XVA really delivers 4.8 GB/s or more, what if it is bottlenecked and reaches only 500 MB/s?

Do you see how silly this conversation gets once you run into baseless F.U.D. territory?

Again, these tactics are keeping PS5 in the news cycle and making the green camp look like dominated by conspiracy theorists at best and rabid fanboys or astroturfers at worst, not awesome for the brand. Not sure what is the goal, but it cannot be this...

Hahahaha wait so now we've got one of the biggest "I'm concerned for xbox because we haven't seen any games running on the X! Is the hardware a mess? Does it even exist?!" people saying there are conspiracies to make the playstation look bad lol.

Last edited:

I don't think anything or anyone can steal the thunder from the PS5 unless it was done by Sony themselves like Xbox did it to themselves in Xbox one console reveal. So yeah no amount of astro turfing crap against PS5 is going to help anyone!

FritzJ92

overall the PS5 isn't real because there is no real pictures of it besides the on with that Asian dude holding it...
The XBSX is in danger becuase no one seen games playing on it besides 5 months ago when they were showing games playing on it?... DId i get it right?

Tschumi

Huhu, this is an assumption but are you implying that all of their consoles are cgi renders/just ethereal?

I don't think so!

I think they're holding their cards close to their chest because they want control over when people discover all of the secret sauces in the thing~

Kdad

Not revealing the price is one thing but hardware is freezed and units must be available already to ship to reviewers.

No way gen will be delayed but I can't think of a reason why Sony would not send these to say Digital Foundry etc already. Was PS4 already available to any reviewers/techsites before the actual release ?
I don't recall SONY doing prelaunch breakdowns with a 3rd party in past generations. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps4-hardware-review-thread.714861/

If I was SONY I'd rather control the narrative, why give it to a questionable website for exclusive review?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Pay particular attention to this one:

1.jpg

Hahahaha wait so now we've got one of the biggest "I'm concerned for xbox because we haven't seen any games running on the X! Is the hardware a mess? Does it even exist?!" people saying there are conspiracies to make the playstation look bad lol.

I do not need to say a thing, I can stay out of the thread and just let you look like an insane troll or disingenuous astroturfer who is just lashing out at anything and anyone in the process (see you picking on ND, taking a 2016 presentation about an even earlier demo from a company that shipped three of the most gorgeous titles of this generation in terms of graphics... how about you criticise Henry Cavill’s training habits next? Surely that will work out :LOL:).

Congrats on making things up and/or twist about me or what I have said (which I am sure you are going through to find scathing evidence, in or out of context), that will surely not make your position look any worse :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It's as weird as Microsoft not having shown gameplay footage of the XSX. The fact that we still don't know how big the PS5 actually is, should tell you enough. Same goes for pricing of both systems. It's bigger than you want it to be.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I do not need to say a thing, I can stay out of the thread and just let you look like an insane troll or disingenuous astroturfers who is just lashing out at anything and anyone in the process (see you picking on ND, taking a 2016 presentation about an even earlier demo from a company that shipped three of the most gorgeous titles of this generation in terms of graphics... how about you criticise Henry Cavill’s training habits next? Surely that will work out :LOL:).

Congrats on making things up and/or twist about me or what I have said (which I am sure you are going through to find scathing evidence, in or out of context), that will surely not make your position look any worse :rolleyes:.
Sony put a big "Captured on a PS4 console" at the start of the 60fps Uncharted 4 reveal trailer, a trailer that was then revealed to be pre-rendered using effects and assets that their engine could not even run in real time. You dismissed that because they released good looking games.

You make your own position look bad.

geordiemp

It's as weird as Microsoft not having shown gameplay footage of the XSX. The fact that we still don't know how big the PS5 actually is, should tell you enough. Same goes for pricing of both systems. It's bigger than you want it to be.

Big is good for better cooling, cant see an issue unless you have no space under your tV.

Nobody has done a proper teardown yet as RDNA2 has not been detailed by AMD.

Even mS hotchips was missing most RDNA2 info, especially the L1 cache details and node details about power / clocks, and which of the new 20 AMD patents are hitting RDNA2....

I suspect Sony waiting for AMD to detail RDNA2 so Sony can do a proper teardown not just what the case and bits look like. MS need to do a proper tecgh breakdown as well not just a 30 minute PR thing.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Big is good for better cooling, cant see an issue unless you have no space under your tV.

Nobody has done a proper teardown yet as RDNA2 has not been detailed by AMD.

Even mS hotchips was missing most RDNA2 info, especially the L1 cache details and node details about power / clocks, and which of the new 20 AMD patents are hitting RDNA2....

I suspect Sony waiting for AMD to detail RDNA2 so Sony can do a proper teardown not just what the case and bits look like. MS need to do a proper tecgh breakdown as well not just a 30 minute PR thing.
You think the Hotchips presentation was just a PR thing?

geordiemp

You think the Hotchips presentation was just a PR thing?

Mainly yes flr 30 minutes. The RDNA2 tech was not detailed at all. What new things did you learn other than the die pic.

The only information new was the Ray tracing in CU and the rest read like RDNA 1. RDNA2 details were not in depth at all.

Quite a few questions were not answered....ask AMD...

Until Nvidia release 3000 series, then AMD talk openly about RDNA2 graphics, then we will see better openness from consoles. BOTH OF THEM.

NOTE it is not a negative on MS, its an AMD NDA thing about RDNA2, MS said what they were allowed to say at this time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really agree. Sure bigger is better for cooling, but this is also a piece in your living room that you don't necessarily want to stand out. Even more so if it's so futuristic and targeted at teens.

When it comes to the size, I also remember a lot of people laughing with how big the Xbox One was 7 years ago. It now seems that the PS5 might be even 60% larger in volume (worst case, 38x31x10). That would be crazy huge.

geordiemp

I don't really agree. Sure bigger is better for cooling, but this is also a piece in your living room that you don't necessarily want to stand out. Even more so if it's so futuristic and targeted at teens.

When it comes to the size, I also remember a lot of people laughing with how big the Xbox One was 7 years ago. It now seems that the PS5 might be even 60% larger in volume (worst case, 38x31x10). That would be crazy huge.

Size and aethetics of console is subjective, personally I dont care I look at the TV not the box.

Also bigger box is better for cooling is a fact.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Size and aethetics of console is subjective, personally I dont care I look at the TV not the box.
How is the size subjective? You can compare it to other consoles, so we know what a big console is. Aesthetics is indeed subjective, but you can give it a description to understand the design methodology.

geordiemp

How is the size subjective? You can compare it to other consoles, so we know what a big console is. Aesthetics is indeed subjective, but you can give it a description to understand the design methodology.

I think its great, engineering for function is more important than a pretty box. The shape will be needed for the cooling solution efficiency.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Imagine being such a deluded fanboy that you actually believe this rubbish.

Lol, this take would work better if it were not in yet another “response/balance the scales” thread to excitement in the PS5 camp propped by some new PS5 news, in this case a new R&C extended real-time gameplay demo, with some added fandom public worry about not seeing “recorded on XSX gameplay” and the Halo delay (good thing for the game overall) sprinkled on top.

Follows the pattern the same camp followed in the pre-Xbox One days: badly received Xbox news => attempt to manufacture a ”Sony too” narrative, well received PS news and fans excited => “Feature is Unnecessary” or attempt to manufacture a scenario where we have “Xbox too” which to be fair I am sure the Sony camp has its instances of doing the same, but not to this degree IMHO.

Still, please continue to believe in this kind of petty crusade to “balance the scales”... IMHO it backfires more often than it does not 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
True, but PS5 still looks like one of the worst looking if not the worst looking console I have ever seen :/. I understand it is all subjective though, but still...

Also bigger box is better for cooling is a fact.

Agreed on the size argument, how quickly some in the green camp went from reacting to the size of the XSX and calling MS brave and bold for making a big console that prioritised function and cooling over form (and shouting how this would make it immune to overheating worries) to criticising PS5 for its size and pushing a form over function critique (as well as saying how PS5’s size was a sign of the console having overheating worries... despite making the opposite argument when talking about XSX’s size and shape).

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Lol, this take would work better if it were not in yet another “response/balance the scales” thread

Deluded fanboy confirmed, as if we didn't already know from your hundreds of posts trying to damage control and downplay SFS.

It's hilarious how much you lot cry about these secret discords, private chats and "coordinated attacks" on PS5 when 10 of you appear in every single thread like clockwork to screech about FUD FUD FUD!!!

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I think its great, engineering for function is more important than a pretty box. The shape will be needed for the cooling solution efficiency.
Don't agree at all when it comes to consoles. You need to take into account both design and engineering when creating a console. Otherwise why even bother putting any design in it? They could've created an even bigger box and put more emphasis on engineering, but they didn't. Why is that do you think?

If the box is really going to be so big as the worst case scenario, they really dropped the ball, and I don't believe for a second that those high clock frequencies were planned. Otherwise why not even create an even bigger box?

geordiemp

True, but PS5 still looks like one of the worst looking if not the worst looking console I have ever seen :/. I understand it is all subjective though, but still...

Agreed on the size argument, how quickly some in the green camp went from reacting to the size of the XSX and calling MS brave and bold for making a big console that prioritised function and cooling over form (and shouting how this would make it immune to overheating worries) to criticising PS5 for its size and pushing a form over function critique (as well as saying how PS5’s size was a sign of the console having overheating worries... despite making the opposite argument when talking about XSX size and shape).

I look at my LG OLED when gaming, not the box.

geordiemp

Don't agree at all when it comes to consoles. You need to take into account both design and engineering when creating a console. Otherwise why even bother putting any design in it? They could've created an even bigger box and put more emphasis on engineering, but they didn't. Why is that do you think?

If the box is really going to be so big as the worst case scenario, they really dropped the ball, and I don't believe for a second that those high clock frequencies were planned. Otherwise why not even create an even bigger box?

Ah the planned frequencies argument, Sony have 2 cooling patents first filed a few years ago lol.

Real question is why is XSX same frequency roughly as 5700 ? PC parts will be close to ps5 for RDNA2, maybe the same if they have Ga Eutectic heta transfer for cooling.

Last edited:

geordiemp

What a nonsensical argument... You game all the time? Non-stop? You never receive people in your home? Why even put up paintings or anything decorative in your house...

As a matter of fact, have 2 on the wall side by side. Looks great. :messenger_sunglasses:

If you want to discuss frequencies, will do it in main speculatin thread, this is just a dumb troll thread that is quite sad.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Deluded fanboy confirmed, as if we didn't already know from your hundreds of posts trying to damage control and downplay SFS.

It's hilarious how much you lot cry about these secret discords, private chats and "coordinated attacks" on PS5 when 10 of you appear in every single thread like clockwork to screech about FUD FUD FUD!!!

Keep the personal attack going (I am kind of enjoying how you are screeching, going all caps, and lots of exclamation marks accusing me of it :LOL:), keep believing a claim that nobody has made (not even MS) and attacking people who reason on it as you cling on the dream of 2-3x bandwidth and memory storage improvements of SFS over the state of the art PRT people use nowadays... it shows you have stuck to that concept and ignored anything else MS said about SFS (even at hotchips where again they described as an improvement over PRT to make it easier to implement and more efficient, not a revolution of the entire concept with ungodly performance improvements over it).

FTvpdqj.jpg

You fail to realise that taking a positive technological improvement and making it to be a Messiah of tech features trying to close the gap with another piece of technology you do not project strength. You have been sold on a Power Domination narrative and you cannot conceive that box not DESTROYING the competition in everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
As a matter of fact, have 2 on the wall side by side. Looks great. :messenger_sunglasses:

If you want to discuss frequencies, will do it in main speculation thread, this is just a dumb troll thread that is quite sad.
The next-gen speculation thread? No thanks. I would love to discuss this with you, but not being surrounded by crazy Sony fanboys. I do agree that this is a weak troll thread, but maybe we can turn it into something proper.

Can you refer those two patents? Wonder what the influence of the box is on the cooling solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I look at my LG OLED when gaming, not the box.

Sure, but my game room is also the living room/lounge and that dual color console (white electronics component does not blend in well at all with the stand or the other equipment) and I do not have easy places near the TV where I can ensure the console is both well ventilated and hidden from sight.

geordiemp

The next-gen speculation thread? No thanks. I would love to discuss this with you, but not being surrounded by crazy Sony fanboys. I do agree that this is a weak troll thread, but maybe we can turn it into something proper.

Can you refer those two patents? Wonder what the influence of the box is on the cooling solution.

To me hot takes at the moment are the dev comments on B3D that MS still working on VA is why we see stuff on PC....

Frequencies RDNA1 to RDNA2 - the node change engineering graph is below - you can see the improvement on TSMC better node which we assume botgh consoles are on but lots of vague stuff as TSMC and AMD being very secretive of RDNA2.

d7xH4u5.png

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
More personal attacks in place of arguments...

You've proven countless times you aren't worth arguing with. You've endlessly refused to accept facts and try your absolute best to downplay and damage control anything positive related to xbox.

And you've done it again by crying about all caps when the only time any thing was done in all caps was using an Acronym. Congratulations.

Naturally you forget the slide pointing to the savings of SFS over current PRT implementations. It's almost like you're still struggling to accept it but you would slurp up absolutely everything sony even briefly mentions.

But do go on and believe the only reason Sony hasn't shown us a real PS5 yet, cannot tell us what ports it has or even tell us what it's dimensions are is BeCaUsE FuD!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom