• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HAZE impressions & media thread

kbear

I must be one of the few that think this game looks and sounds great. Not really referring to the gfx... which are solid but not amazing, I'm talking about the feature-set.

- Four player online co-op
- big multi-player component
- deep single-player campaign
- nectar and the gameplay possibilities with it
- vehicles
- no loading times

so what if it doesn't look like Killzone 2? i think it's gonna be a really good FPS for the Summer

Jim said:
If you click on the IGN screens on the site, they link to the bigger ones. They look less "bullshotty" at closer to native resolution as compared to these posted above.

Yep, they actually don't look that impressive at the full resolution. Definitely achievable in real-time.

kbear said:
I must be one of the few that think this game looks and sounds great. Not really referring to the gfx... which are solid but not amazing, I'm talking about the feature-set.

- Four player online co-op
- big multi-player component
- deep single-player campaign
- nectar and the gameplay possibilities with it
- vehicles
- no loading times

so what if it doesn't look like Killzone 2? i think it's gonna be a really good FPS for the Summer
i'm sold on the game just by the developer alone.

they haven't disappointed me yet, and i expect this game to be fun.

i had fun with lost planet, and lots of people poo-pooed that too

Shinblade

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
I guess, but I'm pretty sure it's also on the shortlist for being locked

I don;t get it....

It's like anyone who posts a new thread gets called out if there's an old thread...

but....

If you bump and old thread that's wrong too...

gcubed

The Faceless Master said:
i'm sold on the game just by the developer alone.

they haven't disappointed me yet, and i expect this game to be fun.

i had fun with lost planet, and lots of people poo-pooed that too

i agree (at least on the developer part). I'm picking it up just on pedigree alone... along with the features. I'll decide if i think it is "generic" or not

Shinblade said:
I don;t get it....

It's like anyone who posts a new thread gets called out if there's an old thread...

but....

If you bump and old thread that's wrong too...

There's a difference. This particular thread has been inactive for a long time and was only bumped recently because some tard went on a fight the system bender and decided that me posting game related threads was the best way to demonstrate how rotten the NeoGAF admin system is. If the thread was relatively new, it'd be a different matter. But if you're looking for new media, an old bumped thread isn't a certain bet, not least because people tend to "cry wolf" by posting small notes of "news" in old threads. So it makes sense that new media gets a new thread.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
a concept put to good use there. Check all the kids freaking out on gametrailers lol the video was not age rated yet

cakefoo

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=131961

EDGE seems to think the game has greatness potential:
Perhaps Haze still looks a little underwhelming in places, and perhaps the cry of 'political game' will scare players away. It's neither. Haze looks like being, first and foremost, a brilliant current-generation shooter debut for Free Radical. Alongside that, there are individual scenes featuring subject matter few other pieces of entertainment go near.

If Haze's excellent design is sustained throughout, then alongside it's new narrative territory it may be that rarest of beasts: an excellent game that dares to treat us like adults.

Wait... EDGE likes it?

1043v4h.gif

kitch9

Banned
I'm hoping its great, as there will be a large amount of crow to be consumed by a large number on this board.

Top Bottom