• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haze Official Thread, JCBossman Memorial and Skittles Appreciation. BOOSH!

Xater

Told you the game is a piece of shit after the demo. Alot of my complaints were also mentioned in this review.

I am baffled how any Gaffer could think this is a good game after playing the demo.

Can't find the igf so this will have to do:

vwpuab.jpg

KGKK

Banned
Just realized this game got much worse than Timeshift, Blacksite, Turning Point and Jericho. Wow, the game is that bad?

Xater said:
Told you the game is a piece of shit after the demo. Alot of my complaints were also mentioned in this review.

I am baffled how any Gaffer could think this is a good game after playing the demo.

This.

I am actually shocked at how many people are surprised at the score. Makes me wonder if I played the same demo as some people here.

jorma

is now taking requests
Well the demo at least was never a 4.5 in my opinion.

Wasnt going to buy it anyway, but i got a 20 euro discount from my retailer of choice so i ordered it anyway... Will most likely only be played for the coop though.

Busty

Banned
KGKK said:
Just realized this game got much worse than Timeshift, Blacksite, Turning Point and Jericho. Wow, the game is that bad?

Agreed. That's what shocked me the most about the IGN score. I refuse to believe that HAZE is flawed to make it a worse game than any of the above.

Turning Point looks like a Gamecube game
..not that there's anything wrong with that
and Blacksite is just plain broken.

I wonder if HAZE, which I am looking forward to, was released when it was supposed to be it would score higher. But in this post KZ2 and R2 revealed market people are looking for and expecting better.

Ryuuga said:
I wonder how AltogetherAndrews is taking this news.

capf2.jpg

acm2000

KGKK said:

review scores do NOT work like that, they are dependant on the time of release, whos reviewing it, their taste in games etc etc etc, just cant just compare one games score directly to another -_-

edit: isnt this shit meant to be a banned meme? "oh so haze is worse than turning point" etc

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
The Haze developers responded to the IGN review

"My thoughts are "Owch". No, wait - MEGAowch," wrote Yescombe. "Haze has had mixed reviews, but even GoldenEye got a 4/10 when it first came out. With a 9/10 in the Italian PSM, and an extremely positive review in Famitsu, we're looking forward to people playing Haze and making a judgment for themselves."

sinnergy

Kingsora said:

"My thoughts are "Owch". No, wait - MEGAowch," wrote Yescombe. "Haze has had mixed reviews, but even GoldenEye got a 4/10 when it first came out. With a 9/10 in the Italian PSM, and an extremely positive review in Famitsu, we're looking forward to people playing Haze and making a judgment for themselves."

No the demo did that for me, no sale. Better luck next time FR.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Kingsora said:

So does that mean Yescombe thinks he has a shit-hot game on his hands?

eznark

Banned
El-Suave said:
I refuse to believe this is supposed to be worse than Turning Point - and I own Turning Point.

Exactly what I was thinking, although I don't own Turning Point of Blacksite, I played em and I'd pay more for the lameish Haze demo than I would for those full games.

Any chance someone could shoot me the IGN review text in a PM, damn work filters.

edit: isnt this shit meant to be a banned meme? "oh so haze is worse than turning point" etc

I was just using the scores as a frame of reference, not a direct "so x is worse than y." Also I wasn't basing it on scores. Personally, the Haze demo is better than the entire f'in Turning Point game.

GodofWine

Man...rough review....I still think the game will be better than a 4.5 though...

With the systems of today, and the development costs of today...there should be no game released that is under a 6...or, if the developer knows its sub-par it should be 39.99 or something to say, hey, its not COD4, but it'll be fun.

But I still think the 4.5 was overly harsh...the demo was better than 4.5. I'll rent it and see for myself now for sure.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
on qt3

Tom Chick said:
I've played through the whole thing and as much as it pains me to say this -- I've loved most everything these developers have been doing, and I wish them all the success in the world -- Haze is utter and complete tripe. If I can prevent just one of you from throwing away money on this underdone turd of a shooter, I will be happy.

I'll have a full review online somewhere in about a week, but I care enough about you guys, and I know that enough of you guys are Timesplitters fans like me, that I just had to warn you, before it was too late. Heck, get Dark Sector, or that cool Viking game, or that cool time travel one whose name I can never remember. But trust me: this is not the shooter you're looking for.

Xater

Haunted One said:
The demo didn't feel like a 4.5 to me.

More like a solid 6.

What is still pretty bad especially for a Free Radical game. They should have just made TS4 although I don't know if the technology would have turned out better.

pswii60

Jinfash said:
"meh" totally justified according to IGN! lower than Lair too :(
deejay4583813891379142 redeemed.
Wax Free Vanilla said:
i thought the game was enjoyable from the demo, it's the ps3's best fps to date. ign suck.
That's a horrific crime against Resistance, which is a great game.

Scotch

As much as I hate the overuse of the word these days, Haze really is the epitome of genericness. I was more surprised by the positive impressions in the demo thread than by the IGN score.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Xater said:
What is still pretty bad especially for a Free Radical game. They should have just made TS4 although I don't know if the technology would have turned out better.

If the other reviews are similar to IGN, and Haze doesn't meet projected sales, then I'm not even sure if TS4 will be made.

I wonder if Free Radical are still curious about making a HD version of TimeSplitters 2.

Busty

Banned
legend166 said:
Man, Sony sure knows how to court those 3rd party exclusives :/

Batting 0 for 2 with Haze and Lair.

What the fuck are you talking about? Lair was a first party game.

GTFO of here with that shit.

Busty

Banned
industrian said:
If the other reviews are similar to IGN, and Haze doesn't meet projected sales, then I'm not even sure if TS4 will be made.

I have a feeling that FR knew which way the wind was blowing with HAZE hence them taking/getting the SW:Battlefront3 gig.

industrian said:
I wonder if Free Radical are still curious about making a HD version of TimeSplitters 2.

Man I hope so. I sent my e-mail. :D

ymmv said:
Third party. Sony doesn't own Factor 5.

Regardless of terms like first or second party the game was Sony financed and Sony published.

End of story

FightyF

Banned
legend166 said:
Man, Sony sure knows how to court those 3rd party exclusives :/

Batting 0 for 2 with Haze and Lair.

Both devs had decent histories though...

But they didn't stick to what they were good at. F5 for graphics (personally I thought their SW games were horrible flight games...so why did they do another?), and Free Radical with over-the-top fast paced FPS games. TimeSplitters with easy custom level sharing would have kicked ass. The PS3 needs more 4P splitscreen FPS games.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Shit, I feel bad for Free Radical, this could potentially sink them

Edit, never mind I forgot they're already signed up for TS4 and the next Battlefront, they will be fine I'm sure.

legend166

FightyF said:
Both devs had decent histories though...

But they didn't stick to what they were good at. F5 for graphics (personally I thought their SW games were horrible flight games...so why did they do another?), and Free Radical with over-the-top fast paced FPS games. TimeSplitters with easy custom level sharing would have kicked ass. The PS3 needs more 4P splitscreen FPS games.

I know, that's why it's so strange. I loved Timesplitters 2 and the first 2 Rogue Squadron games.

Doesn't anyone else just find it slightly humourous? Sony would have been all "awesome, we've managed to secure some exclusives from respected developers who have put out quality games in the past." They they're all "[inset Kittowny sad face]".

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So did Sony pay Ubisoft for the exclusive or was it Microsoft that paid them to keep it away from the 360?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, that is incredibly low. I didn't expect great scores, but this is just bad. The reviewer really seemed to hate the game. I don't believe he mentioned a single truly positive aspect.

I suppose I'm going to have to skip out on this one then. Games such as Jericho, TimeShift, and Blacksite all scored much better on IGN even (though Jericho was only a 5.6).

Xater

TTP said:
So did Sony pay Ubisoft for the exclusive or was it Microsoft that paid them to keep it away from the 360?

Or it was a situation like this:

"Dude we got this troubled game Haze on our hands and its only running on PS3 right now. I don't think it's going to sell that well."

"I have a great idea. We make it a PS3 exclusives and the fanboys will eat it up! We should also add Korn somehow to the mix they are popular with the kids right?"

Dever

Banned
Oww, wasn't expecting that. I thought this was going to be a 7/10 game or something. How did that happen? FR are supposed to be really great at this.

pn18

Banned
FR Blog said:
Soooo, Haze is delayed. But you already know that, don't you. Well, the simple fact of the matter is, any delay on a game is a good thing - it's more time to optimize and polish and tweak and generally improve the whole damn thing to the Nth degree. Now, I know that some of you patient folks out there will be bitterly disappointed. Some of you may even want to come to my house and smash a colostomy bag over my head, and I think most people would understand that sentiment, but believe when I say that the delay is the best possible thing for the game. Hell, the reason why you guys are so pumped about it is because you have high expectations, and we need just a little more time to make sure that we meet them. So in conclusion, rest easy - we're still slugging away on this badboy.

Whooops.:lol

Top Bottom