• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters now a key area for Capcom, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

Well it's working alright...

dyoXOHL.png

Chemo

I wonder why they skipped out on bringing Dragon'so Dogma to PS4/Xbox One when they made the PC version. Seems like they missed a lot of potential sales there.

Sesha

Farming outHD remasters now a key area for Capcom (as they don't seem to be capable enough to make current gen games, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

Current gen games (PS4/X1/Wii U/PC/Vita/3DS) by Capcom (not including late ports, mobile and browser games):

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Revelations
Street Fighter X Tekken

Ace Attorney 5
Dead Rising 3
Ducktales Remastered (developed by Wayforward)
E. X. Troopers
Gaist Crusher (developed by Treasure)
Monster Hunter: Frontier G
Monster Hunter 4

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Strider (development by Double Helix)
Ultra Street Fighter 4

Dai Gyakuten Saiban
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (design by Capcom, development by Access Games)
Dragon's Dogma Online
Monster Hunter Generations
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi

Ace Attorney 6
Dead Rising 4
Monster Hunter Stories
Street Fighter V
Umbrella Corps

Resident Evil 7

TBA

Deep Down
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Unannounced Monster Hunter title

RE HD and RE 0 HD were both internally developed by Production Studio 1, and DMC4SE had a team from Capcom working on it.

The remasters also serve to prove the profitability of certain franchises (RE HD and RE 0 HD selling 1.3m and 1m respectively) and mitigates the risk of developing new titles. The benefit for consumers is that old titles get updated and released on modern platforms, including PC.

Veelk

Banned
I'm thinking of buying RE4 for the PS4.

Can anyone let me know what, if any, special features are in this version of the game?

I'm thinking of buying RE4 for the PS4.

Can anyone let me know what, if any, special features are in this version of the game?

I'm pretty sure it'll be 60fps and it'll have all the additional content from the PS2/Wii versions. No trophy list has been leaked, but the PS3 version didn't have a platinum if you're into that stuff.

FLD

Megaman 1-9, Xs HD

What about MM10? :p

Seriously, though. Having just played through the entire Legacy Collection, I want this so much. The way the LC was so fixated on perfectly emulating the way the games ran on the NES was a bit frustrating. Personally, I feel like it should be all about preserving the games themselves rather than the experience of how poorly they ran on the NES. I really don't get what value there is in replicating slowdown, for example.

A definitive Mega Man Collection that includes MM1 through 10 would've been so much better. I really hope we'll get that one day. I still have a PS2 copy of the Anniversary Collection but that's incomplete since it came out before 9 and 10 were made. I don't think the MMX Anniversary Collection is complete, either. :(

Me too, it's just that taking the "no precedence for this" is the wrong angle to worry about future remasters/hd ports. It's more of a question of market and sales. Capcom wasn't that thrilled with 3U's Wii U sales and Japan just eat up the portable versions. Let's hope the NX will fix those issues by merging the two markets.

Let's hope the next game isn't stuck to Nintendo hardware period. It really makes no sense for Capcom to keep it tethered to that audience and hardware.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Current gen games by Capcom (not including late ports, mobile and browser games):

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Resident Evil: Revelations
Street Fighter X Tekken

Ace Attorney 5
Dead Rising 4
Ducktales Remastered (developed by Wayforward)
E. X. Troopers
Monster Hunter: Frontier G
Monster Hunter 4

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Sengoku Basara 4
Strider (development by Double Helix)
Ultra Street Fighter 4

Dai Gyakuten Saiban
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (design by Capcom, development by Access Games)
Dragon's Dogma Online
Monster Hunter Generations
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi

Ace Attorney 6
Dead Rising 4
Monster Hunter Stories
Street Fighter V
Umbrella Corps

Resident Evil 7

TBA

Deep Down
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Unannounced Monster Hunter title

RE HD and RE 0 HD were both internally developed by Production Studio 1, and DMC4SE had a team from Capcom working on it.

The remasters also serve to prove the profitability of certain franchises (RE HD and RE 0 HD selling 1.3m and 1m respectively) and reduces the risk of . The benefit for consumers is that old title get updated and released on moden platforms, including PC.
Not a bad list, but it's missing at least Resident Evil 6 releasing in 2012 as it's original release and accidentally typi'd Dead Rising 3 as 4 in 2013.

Let's hope the next game isn't stuck to Nintendo hardware period. It really makes no sense for Capcom to keep it tethered to that audience and hardware.

It makes plenty of sense actually, since Monster Hunter sees the vast majority of its success on portable hardware. And Capcom also receives marketing and support from Nintendo. Perhaps you aren't all that familiar with the IP?

Be real, if the franchise became PC-exclusive, you wouldn't feel the same way about this "keep it tethered" nonsense.

It makes plenty of sense actually, since Monster Hunter sees the vast majority of its success on portable hardware. And Capcom also receives marketing and support from Nintendo. Perhaps you aren't all that familiar with the IP?

Be real, if the franchise became PC-exclusive, you wouldn't feel the same way about this "keep it tethered" nonsense.

It would make sense, but I wouldn't bet on the next game being tied to one platform. You never know.

Ridley327

Does anyone know who's porting RE4? Amazon lists RE5/6 as Capcom but RE4 is TAKE-TWO and when you click their name, it shows RE4, a Disney Infinity Mickey Mouse toy and Mad Max for Xbone.

Amazon link

I would think it's a reference to the fact that Take-Two handles distribution for a few companies without having to directly involve themselves otherwise. They've been doing it for a long time, and I'm pretty sure that Capcom has used them for a few titles in the past.

Generally speaking, if you see a game in the bargain bin for $20, there's a better than good chance that Take-Two had their hands on it.

yurinka

Checking their big sellers list I think Onimusha HD Collection is the main candidate.

I'd love to see COMPLETE (unlike they did recently with Darkstalkers or similar) HD collections of Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, Megaman X, etc

ezekial45

Banned
I love that so many people in the beginning of this thread were begging for Dragon's Dogma, and less than a year later we go it. It was a stellar port too.

I hope Onimusha gets the treatment next. It deserves it.

This whole thread makes me weep. So fucking pathetic. People championing creative bankruptcy and redundant re-releases. Really really pathetic.

It's comments like this that make me weep.

People desperate to push the industry forward with no appreciation for what came before.
Star Wars, The Beatles, Tolkein are all re-released or remastered with every new format that comes along, but the idea of trying to do this in videogames really rustles the jimmies of some people. Really,really pathetic.

JayEH

I would think it's a reference to the fact that Take-Two handles distribution for a few companies without having to directly involve themselves otherwise. They've been doing it for a long time, and I'm pretty sure that Capcom has used them for a few titles in the past.

Generally speaking, if you see a game in the bargain bin for $20, there's a better than good chance that Take-Two had their hands on it.

but RE5/6 have been published by capcom and it's only the ps4 version of RE4 that says Take two. must be an error with amazon.

kaydigi

Port the PS3 Darkstalkers release to PS4
Rival Schools I and 2 Remaster
Street Fighter Alpha/2/3 Anthology
Mega Man X 1-4

can we get a dino crisis remaster with resident evil 6 control mechanics
or would that be considered a remake(an entire new project)?
Edit: I guess it would have to be an entire new project since the game would have to be 3D , duh. XD

Bergerac

It's comments like this that make me weep.

People desperate to push the industry forward with no appreciation for what came before.
Star Wars, The Beatles, Tolkein are all re-released or remastered with every new format that comes along, but the idea of trying to do this in videogames really rustles the jimmies of some people. Really,really pathetic.

They're right about the lack of creative desire in the consumer, and you have no basis for saying that they don't appreciate what came before.

finley83

Banned
Would pay full price for the Wii Chronicles games on PC. Also would buy a decent port of CVX on PC so that it could hopefully get some mods to alleviate the tedium of playing it!

Sesha

They're right about the lack of creative desire in the consumer, and you have no basis for saying that they don't appreciate what came before.

Remasters are not antithetical to creativity, and creative desire depends very much on the consumer base. DMC4 Special Edition has three new characters with entirely new gameplay mechanics. By implementing these mechanics now and not later they gain valuable feedback for later games and avoid the issue of poor implementation. Which all three characters suffer from.

Bergerac

Remasters are not antithetical to creativity, and creative desire depends very much on the consumer base. DMC4 Special Edition has three new characters with entirely new gameplay mechanics. By implementing these mechanics now and not later they gain valuable feedback for later games and avoid the issue of poor implementation. Which all three characters suffer from.

That's besides the point. The consumer tends to want a straight swap with better graphics. They want Remasters - they don't ask for Remakes.

lmimmfn

Proper version of Devil May Cry 3 on PC would be the icing on the cake, hell while im at it,the HD collection of the first 3 on PC would be better

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom