• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters now a key area for Capcom, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From their fiscal report, expect more HD remasters.

Capcom said:
Q. Capcom is using downloads to sell remastered and other versions of catalogue titles. What is the
relationship between package and digital download sales? Isn’t there a risk of competition between
these two channels?

A. HD remasters of our catalogue hit titles will be one of our key business activities. Overseas, it is
becoming difficult to sell these lower-priced and re-mastered titles at stores because of the
declining number of stores and sales area limitations. Therefore, we started aggressive digital
download sales activities. These activities created new demand for these titles. For example,
overseas download sales of "Resident Evil" (HD Remastered) in the past fiscal year were far
higher than we expected.
It is not a risk but rather the growth of the download sales channel gives
users more options. We regard this as growth in opportunities to have allow access for more people
to enjoy our games.
Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2014/full/explanation_2014_full_05.pdf

Klossen

Banned
If only there was an IP in Capcom's care, that struggled immensely running on last-gen consoles, had a ton of potential, and would sell really well in this open-world RPG era we live in.

If only.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ONI

FUCKING

MUSHA

All the Onimusha games bundled into 1 and you have my $60 day one, Capcom.
This is a more polite way of putting it

jbug617

Banned
I would like the following fighting games on XB1, PS4 and PC:

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Rival Schools Collection
Street Fighter Alpha Collection
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Pilgrimzero

RE0 will be next because its the easiest. After that they will have to actually do a full remake of RE2.

After that they will do whatever other franchise. Though I'm sure RE3 will get the HD Remake treatment.

Kasper

Hopefully the sales will continue to be strong, so Capcom might go out on a limb and re-do Resident Evil 2 and 3 like they did 1 and 0. While unlikely, it doesn't seem completely unrealistic any longer.

I'd say this paves the way for remastered RE2 and 3, but I imagine those would have to be full blown remakes. And I don't see that happening.

So digital only games is giving people more options?

At least offer a bundle at retail with 3 remasters or something.

Capcom fuck off, seriously fuck off.

I would like the following fighting games on XB1, PS4 and PC:

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Rival Schools Collection
Street Fighter Alpha Collection
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
TvC needs another fucking chance. I'm with you on this list.

I'm not one usually for remasters and stuff but damn.

SeanTSC

Great. Now give us RE Zero, since it should be the easiest one to do.

Then give RE2, RE3, and CVX the 1/0 REmake treatment.

viewtiful_joe_3_by_explosiv22-d4wzo5j.png

Let's get it.

gdt

I'm down for their catalog that's been hard to get a hold of (never played RE0 or RE2-4) but I don't want every damn game remaster.

Lost Planet Remastered Triology coming right up...

I'm alright with fairly priced HD remasters. Anything more than $20 is pushing it for me though. I bought both RE4 and RE1 remake right away.

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow.. That's very unexciting.

Replaying Dragons Dogma in 1080p at locked 30 fps? Even it the game was fucking awesome. NO THANKS.

Make some new ass games or something.

A RE2 HD remake is good though. But not more fricking games we just had last gen.

God Hand HD is good as well. Although thats never coming :(.

Porcile

Resident Evil HD HD

As in, the same game but re-released...again. More likely than any of your other suggestions unfortunately.

Top Bottom