• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters now a key area for Capcom, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

Jawmuncher

After RE Zero there's basically nothing else I need remastered aside from Dragons Dogma and Resident Evil Outbreak. Dino Crisis I want obviously but it sounds like they won't go that far back. If they want to keep with the trend of adding new stuff along with remastering like they're doing with DMC4 I'm down.

SeanTSC

Oh man, I want MM Legends, Legends 2, and The Adventures of Tron Bonne all remastered so bad now.

And a Mega Man X Complete Collection. WITH Command Mission. I would totally replay a HD Remaster of Command Mission.

Velcro Fly

Onimusha please

I played through the first three multiple times and I'd buy it day 1 to play again with trophies and better graphics

Son Of D

RE4 HD will likely come to PS4/Xbox One soon. Won't be surprised if the DMC Trilogy comes to PS4/Xbox One/PC as well.

Lost Planet Trilogy remastered as well perhaps?

styl3s

Dragon's dogma you fuckers.
If they did an old school thing where like you would cut out 10 cereal box tops to send in for a Ghostbusters shirt but only you had to buy all the Capcom HD remakes and send in the UPC codes to get Dragons Dogma HD remake i would order every single Capcom HD remake right now.

TreIII

I would totally replay a HD Remaster of Command Mission.

You wouldn't be the only one. That X design deserves to be remade in HD.

Now, if they wanted to be so nice as to give MHX a HD Remaster (and perhaps 3D Remaster for 3DS), that'd be nice, as well.

Tizoc

THE TIME HAS COME
TechRomancerBoxArts-1.jpg

nikki2.jpg

Onimusha_-_Warlords_Coverart.png

10001604.jpg
+
latest

DevilFox

That's not what I hoped for. I wanted good sales to mean "oh wow, people still like to play the old style REs.. should we try with a new one?" and not "oh wow, people like to play remasters.. let's remaster everything we've got guys!"

That's because unlike the last few RE games (man, do I hate 6), REmake is damn fantastic so it makes sense it would sell well. Maybe this time Capcom will actually think about doing a proper 2 and 3 in HD. Maybe.

BUT SERIOUSLY, DO VIEWTIFUL JOE YOU DUMMIES!

Mesoian

That's not what I hoped for. I wanted good sales to mean "oh wow, people still like to play the old style REs.. should we try with a new one?" and not "oh wow, people like to play remasters.. let's remaster everything we've got guys!"

This is the company that put the fate of entire franchises on the backs of XBLA/PSN remasters.

They do not have a working understanding of the industry.

That being said:

Dragon's Dogma, PC, Workshop support.

And throw the PSN version of Okami on PC for good measure.

Anung

Un Rama
Release whatever you want Capcom you know I'll buy it. PRIORITIZE ONIMUSHA and for Gods sake make Resi Outbreak online HD.

Part of the remaster problem (and I love it)

bender

What time is it?
We'll probably see another quick and dirty RE4 HD port sooner rather than later...and I'll buy it. I wish they'd hire the GAF poster who is redoing all the textures.

PN03 REMASTER!

But for a serious answer I too would like to jump on the Dragon's Dogma boat. Maybe even a Onimusha (with Blade Warriors) collection.

ask yourself-- did this game I want remastered sell a million copies originally?
if yes, a remaster is yours. If no, go sit over there with the mega man fans.

_Ryo_

Dino Crisis HD Collection
Power Stone HD Collection
Yo! Noid HD Remake
Mega Man 1 - X HD Collection Remake
Disney's Aladdin HD Remake.

Top Bottom