• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters now a key area for Capcom, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

18-Volt

I'm not sure what's next for them but I really want them to port it to Vita. Playing PS2 classics on a handheld is such a blast. More please.

Roubjon

I feel like they aren't taking into consideration how there hasn't been a mainline resident evil that has been universally praised since 4 and that this version of RE1 is ridiculously good. I bet their next hd remaster will underperform because of their crazy expectations and then no more remasters again

Resi 0, and an Onimusha set would be just lovely, then hopefully they'll make REmake 2+3, or hell, just some new prerendered background games would be brilliant.

Man, I picked the right time to grab a PC, huh. short of remastered PS1 games/games with prerendered backgrounds, I think I'm good just paying five bucks or less for X game (or pulling out my copy and emulating it on PC) and slapping some oversampling and reshade over it myself. If it makes other people happy I guess it's cool... and as another poster put it there are a lot of opportunities there, for localizations, for making old IPs relevant again, and for letting people try older Cap games they might have missed.

I'll tell ya what, I'd pay full price for a full 3D Resident Evil 2 remake, hell, I'd buy RE2 Remastered at a fair price if it's as good as the first was

bigkrev

They are running out of PS2 era stuff that people would actually pay money for (Does anyone really want Auto Modelist HD?), but they still have a ton of stuff from the PS3 era they could do. They also have their library of Wii Games, but I doubt they will take the effort to turn the waggle controls into actual controls.

AgeEighty

There already is an okami HD and it runs at higher than 1080p resolution. I don't think you can make it much better without completely remaking it.

All they have to do is re-release it on PS4 and put "Reset" back into the end credits, and they have the definitive version of the game.

Arttemis

As long as they keep their "aggressive" pricing, I'm all for it. DMC4HD, SF4, REmakeHD. I can get behind improved classics at those price points.

And here's another shout out for Dragon's Dogma HD60fps!

In a perfect world:

QQa9Ucs.jpg

Now imagine that says PS4 and its released in the west. Oh, and all the games are actually on disc and not just downloads.

But again - won't ever happen.

I would like the following fighting games on XB1, PS4 and PC:

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Rival Schools Collection
Street Fighter Alpha Collection
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Add
Power Stone
Marvel vs collection (Xmen Cota to Marvel 3)
Capcom vs Snk 1 and 2
Street Fighter Ex collection

All with GGPO netcode and I will die a very happy man.

I would be a very happy man

Kain

Dragon's Dogma does need an HD (or PC) port, but Onimusha sounds sexy as hell.

Godhand would be an instabuy for me but I know they will never do it :(

* But don't expect the quality of the original HD remake.

Expect the quality of work put into HD Remaster.. which was minimal enhancement using low res assets.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wish they had this reaction after Duck Tales: Remastered. I want Rescue Rangers redone!

Not the same issue, I know, but that would be more exciting.

Pretty sure easy 400.000 - 500.000 Dragons Dogma on Steam, because games like that got a hug fanbase on PC; or maybe more

no idea why they dont want port it, especially when they ported engine already for DDO JP

artsi

Never played Dragon's Dogma but I want to, and I don't really want to dig my PS3 from somewhere. So hopefully it will be on the list.

Yudoken

Dragons Dogma and 3rd Strike pc, please!
Would easily double dip for that!

Edit:
Please just port everthing on pc.
Thanks!

New Capcom games are generally shit, so I'm fine with them concentrating on bringing their old, actually fun games to new platforms.

Roll on, God Hand for PC.

Isn't the problem with Onimusha that they have to pay royalties to the actors whose appearance they used? That's why they aren't gonna touch it?

Meneses

Dragon's Dogma will be bought the instant they announce it.

I'd love Godhand too, but I guess that would require more work to actually remaster. Unless they just do a direct port of the PS2 version, which I think would be kinda lame.

I got Dragon's Dogma for free on PSN, but I've been patiently waiting for a PC version.
* But don't expect the quality of the original HD remake.

Expect the quality of work put into HD Remaster.. which was minimal enhancement using low res assets.
That Capcom is long gone. We're never getting another remake like RE on GC again. What we're getting is a blessing in disguise.
I don't like this, it would possibly mean even less new games from Capcom :(
The alternative would be solely focusing on mobile games.

Shauni

Dragon's Dogma will be bought the instant they announce it.

I'd love Godhand too, but I guess that would require more work to actually remaster. Unless they just do a direct port of the PS2 version, which I think would be kinda lame.

Why would it take more work than the average PS2 game to remaster?

MMaRsu

Banned
The following will NEVER happen

Power Stone HD
Rival Schools HD
Dragons Dogma at 60FPS
Viewtiful Joe 1+2
God Hand HD ( me cries )

Just crushing some dreams here. But Capcom had enough reason to bring all those games except DD at 60fps to previous GEN. They never even did it.

They did put out a Powerstone collection for what PSP? Wtf were they thinking. You had XBLA, which games would sell a ton on.

Top Bottom