• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters now a key area for Capcom, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

Sesha

That's besides the point. The consumer tends to want a straight swap with better graphics. They want Remasters - they don't ask for Remakes.

Not really beside the point, since you claimed consumers lacked "creative desire" and made it sound like it always applied, which is what I took issue with.

Also, do they? There's generally a bigger demand for remakes, which also tend to sell better than simple remasters.

Neoxon

Let's hope the next game isn't stuck to Nintendo hardware period. It really makes no sense for Capcom to keep it tethered to that audience and hardware.
Most of the Monster Hunter audience already migrated to Nintendo, especially in Japan. Plus Nintendo helps out with western marketing, so the arrangement does benefit Capcom in some way.

Most of the Monster Hunter audience already migrated to Nintendo, especially in Japan. Plus Nintendo helps out with western marketing, so the arrangement does benefit Capcom in some way.

They could expand the audience by launching it on more platforms is what I'm saying. Every other Capcom game launches on essentially every platform except MH. They haven't even tried with it on PC for the Western audience, who mostly ignores handhelds. It's really weird the amount of people who never want to see the series leave Nintendo exclusivity.

They could expand the audience by launching it on more platforms is what I'm saying. Every other Capcom game launches on essentially every platform except MH. They haven't even tried with it on PC for the Western audience, who mostly ignores handhelds. It's really weird the amount of people who never want to see the series leave Nintendo exclusivity.

We're not saying that. I'd be ecstatic to play it on something that doesn't cramp up my hands and have more than 240p of resolution. We're just explaining why the current strategy of Capcom works for them right now. Also Capcom seems very risk adverse these days, what they do know is that the portable games are cheap to produce, japan eat them up, nintendo helps them on publishing and marketing and their previous efforts on consoles were less than stellar sales wise.

Ridley327

We're not saying that. I'd be ecstatic to play it on something that doesn't cramp up my hands and have more than 240p of resolution. We're just explaining why the current strategy of Capcom works for them right now.

And judging just what happened with Toukiden 2, Capcom continues to look like a genius compared to the rest of the hunting action competition.

As someone who actually games on more than one device, I couldn't care less where Monster Hunter ends up. That doesn't change the fact that Monster Hunter on Nintendo hardware makes a lot of sense for Capcom.

That wasnt a problem for Umbrella Corps...

But yeah Capcom do more remasters, if they are good I will buy them.
I was talking about the fighters specifically. So many of them are on Fightcade which is what people use instead. I doubt even half of all those users would pony up the dough to make remaster of those games worthwhile.

Top Bottom