• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters now a key area for Capcom, Resident Evil HD DD sales above expectations

RPGCrazied

If they keep up the quality ports and begin to dig deeper in their catalog and reasonably price them, they certainly can continue.

Wouldn't mind Okami remastered. :) I know it already was for PS3, but do it again on PS4 and release a disc version damn it for NA/EU!

Isnt this topic about new remakes for the future and relevant systems?

Why would you even bring this up

Uh, because of this?

I'll happily play monster hunter tri again in HD with online.

A remastered, 1080p version of Monster Hunter Tri has already been released. What this poster is asking for is available right now.

Now, if the user had said "I'd love to see Monster Hunter Tri come to PS4, XB1, and PC", I wouldn't have said anything.

Aww ok

Yes MH3U is an excellent console MH and I believe the servers are still up?

Get going on it now though. Not sure how long they will stay up once the NX train rolls through

Not many Wii Us exist, so this means nothing. They should port the game to Steam. No hunting games there, untapped audience that enjoys good gameplay mechanics.

Id rather they just port Generations at this point

its 2016. Still to the mechanically superior games

Pompadour

All I want are PS4 ports of the 2D Fighter ports from last generation. There's nothing to really HD remaster for those, though.

There isnt a precedent for them doing HD remasters for MH games

its usually just ports to coincide with portable releases and they didnt do that with the last 2 titles

I have no idea where its going from here

There isnt a precedent for them doing HD remasters for MH games

its usually just ports to coincide with portable releases and they didnt do that with the last 2 titles

I have no idea where its going from here

Portable 3rd HD. That is, if you don't want to count the G/Ultimate version of Tri at 1080p a remaster.

Doesnt fall into the topic though

I dont expect them to remaster any of the series titles which is a shame

Generations would be an amazing game to remaster since its basically a tribute to the entire series run up to this point

Perfect game to spread around

Portable 3rd HD. That is, if you don't want to count the G/Ultimate version of Tri at 1080p a remaster.

Portable 3rd HD is probably the only game that falls into the topic category... kind of?

Its more of an HD port than an HD remaster

Its gets murky but if this is a new avenue that Capcom is going to double down on it should be the best of the best

So Generations seems like the only MH game that fits in my mind

What do you mean? The assertion that MH doesn't have a precedence of HD remasters is false.

It wasnt marketed as a remaster like what the topic is citing with RE HD. It was marketed as a Port

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This whole thread makes me weep. So fucking pathetic. People championing creative bankruptcy and redundant re-releases. Really really pathetic.

If it keeps them in business, and able to make new titles in future, its better than the alternative.

Besides, some titles really do deserve a second chance to prove themselves. Dragon's Dogma for one, deserved, as a console game, to do much better than it did.

Portable 3rd HD is probably the only game that falls into the topic category... kind of?

Its more of an HD port than an HD remaster

Its gets murky but if this is a new avenue that Capcom is going to double down on it should be the best of the best

So Generations seems like the only MH game that fits in my mind

It wasnt marketed as a remaster like what the topic is citing with RE HD. It was marketed as a Port

It's as much an HD remaster as Dead Rising or Dragon Dogma. A resolution boost mostly, but also a few touch ups UI wise. MH3 ultimate's 2D elements were completely redrawn for example.

Bizzquik

I wish Konami and EA felt the same.

Yeah, remasters from those two companies just make too much sense.

EA has the financial resources, so they could establish a full team that exists solely to bring its older library into current-gen. For instance, they could have one of these lesser studios working on Bioware remasters, etc - with minimal oversight needed from the original creators. Print money.

And if Konami is really serious about winning gamers back - as their new community manager says - they could remaster their best older stuff to remind us of why we cared about the company in the first place.

It's as much an HD remaster as Dead Rising or Dragon Dogma. A resolution boost mostly, but also a few touch ups UI wise. MH3 ultimate's 2D elements were completely redrawn for example.

Ok fine take your semantic victory

As far as the topic and future are concerned I hope they dont exclude MH from their remaster plan

Ok fine take your semantic victory

As far as the topic and future are concerned I hope they dont exclude MH from their remaster plan

Me too, it's just that taking the "no precedence for this" is the wrong angle to worry about future remasters/hd ports. It's more of a question of market and sales. Capcom wasn't that thrilled with 3U's Wii U sales and Japan just eat up the portable versions. Let's hope the NX will fix those issues by merging the two markets.

Does anyone know who's porting RE4? Amazon lists RE5/6 as Capcom but RE4 is TAKE-TWO and when you click their name, it shows RE4, a Disney Infinity Mickey Mouse toy and Mad Max for Xbone.

Amazon link

I never got around to Dragon's Dogma so I'd buy a remastered version, but I want them to add in fast travel.

Even the vanilla version had fast travel, all you need to due is obtain port crystals and use ferry stones.

Current patched versions have infinite ferry stones and you can buy as many port crystals as you want, so long as you have visited that area.

Nick

Please god bring Capcom vs SNK 2 to next gen consoles in a fighting game package or something.

Top Bottom