• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone EU Tournament #1 | Tournament over, congratulations ViviOggi

ViviOggi

Yeah good beats, My druid didnt want to give me the unfair hand even once, turn 5 and 6 wild grows are not that amazing.
Can't feel bad for Druid scum, deserves all the bad draws they can get tbqh

For reference here's my hand from yesterday's first game versus TetraxShards:
hearthstonescreenshot7fl32.png

I didn't realise until now that phaelf2's only two posts are in this thread.

Yoshi alt
surprise.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol

Sorry guys, it's my fault that I haven't been able to play my matches against phaelf. When is the dead line? So much fucking studying...

Edit; maybe he hasn't posted much on GAF but I've spoken to him a few times on Battle.net (where we were discussing what time suited both of us)!

Rapstah

You can play your matches until midnight on Sunday. It's fine, the idea was for people who are busy to have enough time to get their matches in in a week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You can play your matches until midnight on Sunday. It's fine, the idea was for people who are busy to have enough time to get their matches in in a week.

Excellent! Hopefully it won't be dragged out till Sunday though!

Rapstah

Can we play the next match right away or do we have to wait till next week?

Wait until next week so the brackets don't get weird. I'm sure everyone would be fine with granting an exception if you know for sure you won't be able to play at all next week, but the idea is to have a pretty low tempo.

Yoshichan

Hey phaelf2! Can you play now?

Yoshichan

got wrecked 3-1. Suits me well for only play control decks :/

Till next time, I'll definitely bring 3 cancer decks to fit with the rest :D

ggs

phaelf2

Neo Member
good games Yoshi, you should have expected that at least the hunter was going face.

really liked seeing the golden emperor, might craft one myself.

hope to play with you again.

Yoshichan

Yeah but I have no idea how to stop face-decks since I don't play ranked :( I only play HS with friends and we've pretty much banned all face decks.

So yeah, I was expecting face decks but despite being ready, I can't for the sake of me stop it.

Rapstah

Don't bring face decks, bring weird super-anti-face decks with Deathlords and shit. That's way more fun. Adding your match to the brackets.

Rapstah

Congratulations to paperboywriter, Kotestu534, brakara, Vivioggi, Iryx, TheChaos0, phaelf2 and Lumine for going on to the second round; you may start playing against each other according to the brackets at midnight CEST (in slightly less than two hours). I've asked for the thread title to be changed. I'll be busy tomorrow so the brackets may not update, but that shouldn't really affect anything. Good luck!

I won out 3-2 over paperboywriter. Warrior > Druid (L), Warlock > Hunter (W), Hunter > Shaman (L), Druid > Druid (W), Shaman > Druid (W). Game 4 was very long and close, with us both topdecking out for a while.

Rapstah

I beat TheChaos0 3-1, thanks for the games.

Well Iryx won 3-1... at least it wasn't 3-0 :p hehe... I feel I heard that somewhere before!

I won out 3-2 over paperboywriter. Warrior > Druid (L), Warlock > Hunter (W), Hunter > Shaman (L), Druid > Druid (W), Shaman > Druid (W). Game 4 was very long and close, with us both topdecking out for a while.

i lost to Kotetsu534 3:2.

was fun!

Added to the brackets.

phaelf2

Neo Member
Confirmed. Good games and indeed the RNG was on my side.

Mage (W) v Mage
Hunter v Mage (W)
Hunter (W) v Paladin
Priest (W) v Paladin

Rapstah

Did Brakara and ViviOggi both forget about the tournament and should I PM them to remind them to play their match?

Brakara

Yeah, good games. Almost made a comeback after being down 2-0, but my good old trusted paladin let me down in the end.

Rapstah

Congratulations to Kotetsu534, ViviOggi, Iryx and phaelf2 for going to the semifinals. The next tournament week starts on Monday as usual, see you guys then.

Rapstah

The semifinal week starts in 30 minutes from this post. I've asked for the thread title to be updated again. I'll be busy for most of the start of the week, but since it's only two matches this week, it should be fine. Good luck!

phaelf2

Neo Member
Well done Iryx! gl for the final

Mage v Warlock (W)
Mage v Hunter (W)
Hunter (W) v Druid
Priest v Druid (W)

ViviOggi beat me 3-1. Warrior > Shaman (L), Warlock > Warrior (W), Warrior > Druid (L), Paladin > Shaman (L). Very well played.

ViviOggi

That'd be cool but really hard to organise unless someone already has the setup for it.
I believe when you have both players in your friends list it shows both hands in spectator mode, that would be more than enough I think (no fancy overlays, facecams or anything). So all we'd need is someone with Twitch set up.

Rapstah

I believe when you have both players in your friends list it shows both hands in spectator mode, that would be more than enough I think (no fancy overlays, facecams or anything). So all we'd need is someone with Twitch set up.

I looked into this a little and I could probably stream to Twitch if needed. If you're right about both hands being visible if you're friends with both players (I had no idea), then all that really needs to happen is I add all of you to my friends list and you guys key me in on when you're planning to play.

I'm double-checking if OBS will actually stream to my Twitch channel right now, but if it does I can totally do it.

Edit: Looks like OBS even has options for streaming with stream delay and saving straight to a file (which I can then upload to Youtube), so those aren't problems.

ViviOggi

I looked into this a little and I could probably stream to Twitch if needed. If you're right about both hands being visible if you're friends with both players (I had no idea), then all that really needs to happen is I add all of you to my friends list and you guys key me in on when you're planning to play.

I'm double-checking if OBS will actually stream to my Twitch channel right now, but if it does I can totally do it.

Edit: Looks like OBS even has options for streaming with stream delay and saving straight to a file (which I can then upload to Youtube), so those aren't problems.
That sounds great! Delay should be a few minutes I think just to be on the safe side regarding hi mom incidents (I don't think anyone here would try to cheat in a for fun tournament).

FeD.nL

If you need any help I could help out as well. Perhaps we could make a thread on the gaming side and do a recap of the tournament before the bronze and finals in the OP to draw in new players?

Rapstah

That sounds great! Delay should be a few minutes I think just to be on the safe side regarding hi mom incidents (I don't think anyone here would try to cheat in a for fun tournament).

Yep, we'll deal with that.

Bronze match guys, are you also up for being streamed? It'd be cool if we could do it back-to-back, but since the point of the tournament was to let people schedule pretty loosely, it's obviously fine if you can't or don't want to.

If you need any help I could help out as well. Perhaps we could make a thread on the gaming side and do a recap of the tournament before the bronze and finals in the OP to draw in new players?

I'm not sure what's appropriate when it comes to talking about community stuff (which I guess this is) in regular Gaming. Maybe there's a streming thread we can post in.

FeD.nL

I'm not sure what's appropriate when it comes to talking about community stuff (which I guess this is) in regular Gaming. Maybe there's a streming thread we can post in.

Ah true, sorry got caught in the excitement. Looking forward to the stream though :).

Rapstah

I added all of you to my friends list. You can't play at the same time if we're streaming it, and it makes sense to have the bronze match first. Should the bronze match start at 20:30 CEST and then the final start whenever that series is done (or at 21:00 if the bronze series takes less than 30 minutes), or should the bronze match start at 21:00 and we just keep going until both series are done?

Top Bottom