• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone EU Tournament #1 | Tournament over, congratulations ViviOggi

Rapstah

neogaf_hs_eu_tourney_82ulu.png

༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽

neogaf_hs_eu_tourney_hiuoy.png

The tournament is over, and ViviOggi won.

neogaf_hs_eu_tourney_04usf.png

The final tournament brackets are:

neogaf-hs-brackets-16y6rmj.png

neogaf_hs_eu_tourney_x9uyk.png

Every player picks three classes before the tournament starts. You will keep these three classes for every series. You may change your decks between series (e.g. you may switch from Midrange Paladin to Face Paladin, but not replace your Paladin deck with a Face Hunter).

A series uses Blizzard’s Conquest format, in exactly the best-of-five setting described in the official video. Watch the video if you don’t know how Conquest works, it’s very informative. If a player wins a series, he or she is moved onto the next round of the tournament.

Tournament weeks start at midnight (i.e. 00:00 CEST) on Mondays and end at midnight (i.e. 23:59 CEST) on Sundays. Don’t play your matches in the last hours of Sunday or the first hours of Monday if possible, as this leaves no time to update the brackets.

What if my opponent is an asshole/doesn’t show up/claims he won even though he lost/etc.?
Take screenshots of everything and post about it in this thread so we can resolve it collectively.

neogaf_hs_eu_tourney_8yun8.png

When a week starts where you have a match, find yourself in the brackets at the beginning of this post. Your opponent’s Battle.net tag is listed at the bottom of this post. Unfortunately the brackets didn't have enough space to fit everyone's B.net ID in there. Add your opponent to your Battle.net friends list, if you are not already friends.

Through Battle.net chat or NeoGAF private messages, find a time during the week specified in the brackets when both players can play five straight games of Hearthstone. Five games is the worst case scenario. Make sure you have your three decks ready before the game.

When your series starts, both players should whisper what classes they are using to the other player. This information will also be in this thread, but it’s a nice harmless reminder. You shouldn’t specify what types of decks they are. For example, “Hunter, Warrior, Paladin” is fine, but “Face Hunter, Control Warrior, Hobgoblin Paladin” is too much information. Keep in mind that you don’t tell the other player what deck you’re going to use in the next match.

Play your series according to the Conquest format. Take note of the score, as it will be entered into the brackets because statistics are fun. When the series is over, either player, or both, should post the results in this thread to keep everyone updated. If you won, great, wait until the next Monday to see who your next opponent is. If you lost, you’re out.

neogaf_hs_eu_tourney_koulk.png

All 16 starting players have picked their classes.

Rapstah (Rapstah#2236)
image.php

• Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Priest

Iryx (Iryx#2279)
image.php

• Druid
  • Warlock
  • Hunter

Yoshichan (Yoshichan#2623)
image.php

• Priest
  • Paladin
  • Druid

Brakara (Brakara#2668)
image.php

• Paladin
  • Mage
  • Priest

FeD.nL (FeD#2651)
image.php

• Shaman
  • Paladin
  • Warrior

Dragner (Dragner#2828)
  • Druid
  • Mage
  • Warlock

phaelf2 (phaelf#2405)
  • Priest
  • Mage
  • Hunter

Kotetsu534 (Kotetsu534#2806)
  • Druid
  • Warlock
  • Shaman

paperboywriter (Gringoros#2385)
image.php

• Druid
  • Hunter
  • Warrior

fanboi (fanboi#1639)
image.php

• Priest
  • Paladin
  • Mage

TetraxShards (TetraxShards#2191)
image.php

• Druid
  • Mage
  • Warrior

ViviOggi (ViviOggi#2280)
image.php

• Druid
  • Paladin
  • Warrior

Majine (INNI#2364)
image.php

• Warlock
  • Mage
  • Hunter

zoukka (zoukka#2754)
image.php

• Druid
  • Mage
  • Hunter

TheChaos0 (TheChaos0#2964)
image.php

• Warrior
  • Warlock
  • Hunter

Lumine (Furio#2575)
image.php

• Mage
  • Paladin
  • Druid

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The hype is STRONG!

Priest
Paladin
Druid

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now with the game being released on mobile iOS/Android, there's really no reason not to be able to participate and/or make it in time for the scheduled matches!

Rapstah

Well that worked out fast! I'm gonna go through my classes later and decide what I wanna bring.

I hope it's not too quick for anyone. I figured there's also the chance of people forgetting they signed up if it takes too long, and it'd be awkward to have an open continuous discussion about how it was going to be run in the regular HS thread, so I just went by how literally everyone responded "Conquest is fine".

Didnt see the thread!

I ll go with Druid, Mage and Warlock.

Added.

Subscribing so I don't forget to submit my classes.

I'll probably send out PMs to the people who haven't registered yet on Friday or Saturday.

Lumine

Oh sure I'll join, sounds fun. I wonder though if it might've been better to have waited until after BRM. Haven't decided what classes to pick yet. Probably Warrior, Druid and Mage, but I'll confirm that later.

Rapstah

Oh sure I'll join, sounds fun. I wonder though if it might've been better to have waited until after BRM. Haven't decided what classes to pick yet. Probably Warrior, Druid and Mage, but I'll confirm that later.

I'll note that the 16th spot goes to you. You're right that it's weird how parts of BRM will release in the middle of tournament weeks. We'll handle it.

Yoshichan

PM reminders should now have gone out to all the people who haven't picked their classes yet.
Great job with this btw!

TheChaos0

Thanks for the reminder, did not see the thread. I haven't decided on the classes yet. Will post my selection tomorrow.

Rapstah

Cool, that means everyone's at least checked in. I was expecting some sort of nightmare scenario where like two out of fourteen people turned up and people in the Hearthstone OT were telling me to shut up about the tournament already.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rootin' for my boy Yoshichan!

Brakara

I'm changing my hunter deck to priest (wouldn't feel good if I won with that), so it's paladin, mage and priest then.

Top Bottom