• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round Three of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

Fixed1979

Nice, some really good matches in there. Could have easily been a different outcome, well played by both of you guys.

So that just leaves the 3rd place match to go and we can put round three to bed. I'll PM Five and Mitch to see what they have figured out on their end.

LiveWire

Great games manhack! I was getting worried after your furious comeback to tie it at two games. I thought about going handlock to go toe-to-toe with your Druid, but decided to roll the dice with zoo for a 3rd time.

Fixed1979

Just going through the points, I'll post them when it's all over.

Big movers this round were obviously LiveWire moving 9 spots from 11th to 2nd overall and SquidyJ who moves 10 spots from 21st to 11th.

For the third place match still to come. ZZMitch is safe in first regardless of the outcome and has guaranteed that no one will catch him until at least round 5. FiveSix4Three will be in 5th after the match, but it'll either be 5th by himself or a 3 way tie depending on whether he wins or looses.

LiveWire

Hear that Mitch? You're still in first regardless of what happens next round. So you don't need to play next round. You've earned a break. Go ahead and sit this next one out. ;)

ZZMitch

Hear that Mitch? You're still in first regardless of what happens next round. So you don't need to play next round. You've earned a break. Go ahead and sit this next one out. ;)

Haha we'll see :p Exams are all done though so I have lots of time to play heh.

Sorry about the 3rd round match! I have been busy with exams and the last few days of my internship but thats all done now. I will message Five and get our game set up ASAP.

edit: I messaged him. I have a very open schedule atm so anytime that Five is free works for me so we should do it today or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

manhack

Great games manhack! I was getting worried after your furious comeback to tie it at two games. I thought about going handlock to go toe-to-toe with your Druid, but decided to roll the dice with zoo for a 3rd time.

Congratulations LiveWire! Thank you for be patient with me between rounds as I was trying to take full advantage of the format, especially as I was down those first 2 games.

Big thanks to Fixed for putting this tourney together it has been a lot of fun and I appreciate the work it takes to organize this.

Thanks Soka for recording as it takes the pressure off the players!

Overall I was happy with my play in the finals and my deck choices with the exception of a major misplay at the start of the last round by accidentally hitting hero power instead of grabbing my cards. I'm not sure if the misplay cost me the game, since LiveWire had an amazing couple of turns, but wanted to address it for those who happen to watch as it was a bit embarrassing.

Fixed1979

Congratulations LiveWire! Thank you for be patient with me between rounds as I was trying to take full advantage of the format, especially as I was down those first 2 games.

Big thanks to Fixed for putting this tourney together it has been a lot of fun and I appreciate the work it takes to organize this.

Thanks Soka for recording as it takes the pressure off the players!

Overall I was happy with my play in the finals and my deck choices with the exception of a major misplay at the start of the last round by accidentally hitting hero power instead of grabbing my cards. I'm not sure if the misplay cost me the game, since LiveWire had an amazing couple of turns, but wanted to address it for those who happen to watch as it was a bit embarrassing.

I was spectating you when it happened and said "oh no" out loud. Felt pretty bad about it as it killed your opening. Wouldn't have been so bad if you weren't up against quick deck but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Top Three don't forget to PM me your PayPal e-mail when you get a chance, I'll send out your monies once the last game is completed.

LiveWire

I was wondering why you hero powered... I assume you must've had an opening hand with a possible three 2/3s?

Also if anyone is interested I can post my decklists for the tourney.

Fixed1979

Finished editing the finals. The video is compressing now and I'll set it up to load on YouTube. Should be up and running by tonight.

Nice, I'm looking forward to it.

I did hear from Five and he stated that he would forfeit his match, I'd rather see it get played so I've asked him to confirm and that we would wait until the end of the week if need be...most likely though we'll just need give Mitch the win.

ZZMitch

Nice, I'm looking forward to it.

I did hear from Five and he stated that he would forfeit his match, I'd rather see it get played so I've asked him to confirm and that we would wait until the end of the week if need be...most likely though we'll just need give Mitch the win.

Ah thats too bad! I messaged him and didn't hear anything back. We could play a game Fixed heh :p

Fixed1979

Ah thats too bad! I messaged him and didn't hear anything back. We could play a game Fixed heh :p

I think that would pretty much be the same as giving you the pass!

Tag me in coach, I need a second stab at Mitch for beating me in last round's finals.

Obviously if you guys want to play then you can, though I'm not sure it'd be entirely fair to Mitch to sub in a ringer!

My only concern was that you're right in the mix with Five, if you win in his absence then he would actually pull in front of you, though you'd be closer to Mitch if you think you have a chance to catch him. If you loose then he'll actually be tied with you, which is the same as Mitch getting the pass anyway...I'm certainly not trying to suggest that you would be trying to pull any funny stuff, just that you do have a stake here and appearances might matter to some people. I'd prefer to just call it a forfeit tonight assuming Five doesn't respond to anyone.

Fixed1979

Truthfully, I think it'd be fun to sub in for Five, but I agree with you in that it's possibly shady in several ways and I really don't want to have a situation at the end here where me/Mitch/Five are neck-in-neck and we find out that my substituting for Five became a deciding factor... it'd just be bad I think.

So, I like your idea of letting Five have a few more days if he can make it then and if not then awarding the win to Mitch seems fair.

For sure, like I said I'm not suggesting anyone would do that, and it's really only a fun tournament, but I'd like to keep things as fair and transparent as possible.

I'm sure you'll get your chance at redemption! ;)

I have updated the standings based on giving Mitch the win as I really don't expect that the game will end up getting played. We'll leave it as "unofficial" for now but if anyone is interested, here's what we'll most likely end up looking like at the halfway point:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Z2lMxhSErS6fcHGV0jjzhVTTL9Rp48ohWF5pRjmbQk/edit#gid=0

Ashodin

Yeah - it'd be nice to have a second commentator. I'm not sure how we do it through my set-up exactly though. Maybe if we both spectate the games and then the two commentators get into a Vent/Teamspeak channel together? Then I could record the audio of our conversation and just make sure it's aligned well to the in-game video.

I'm sure there are better ways, but that's the first thought that comes to mind.

That sounds pretty much on point. It'd be easy to align too I bet!

Fixed1979

So, when is the next one?

Btw: awesome job on the vid soka, just watched the entire thing.

I have them all tentatively scheduled to begin the fourth Friday from the finish of the previous tournament...I'm officially calling this one complete tonight regardless if that 3rd place match gets played, so that puts us on the May 29th. Just trying to confirm a possible (yet unlikely) vacation for that week so I'll confirm in this thread sometime during the week of May 18th. I'd recommend keeping this thread bookmarked and I'll post in here when a date is confirmed and also when the new signup thread goes up.

ZZMitch

I have them all tentatively scheduled to begin the fourth Friday from the finish of the previous tournament...I'm officially calling this one complete tonight regardless if that 3rd place match gets played, so that puts us on the May 29th. Just trying to confirm a possible (yet unlikely) vacation for that week so I'll confirm in this thread sometime during the week of May 18th. I'd recommend keeping this thread bookmarked and I'll post in here when a date is confirmed and also when the new signup thread goes up.

Yeah still haven't heard anything! Dunno what is up

Fixed1979

Yeah still haven't heard anything! Dunno what is up

No idea, he's still posting and playing, just decided to bail on the tournament I guess...seems like an odd time to do it but whatever. Congrats on 3rd! ;) I've updated the bracket and the standings are now considered final.

Round 4 is tentatively scheduled to being May 29th with signups going up on May 22-24.

I'll post in this thread when the date is confirmed and again when the new thread goes up.

Congrats again to LiveWire on the win. Thanks to Soka for capturing the finals. Prizes will go out tonight. We'll see you guys on the back 9.

Link to Standings
8UPvrnP.jpg

Fixed1979

Unless something drastic happens the next tournament is now locked in for a June 5th start. Signup thread will go up next Saturday or Sunday (May 30th/31st), I'll post here again when it does.

I'll likely change the round 1 schedule to a 1 week completion, and then back to 3 days for the remaining rounds.

I'm also going rotate between Last Hero Standing and Conquest for the last 3 rounds so round four will be LHS.

Get your decks ready.

gutshot

I will be out of town from the 4th-10th. But if I'm reading your rules correctly, I should still be able to get my first round game in on the 11th or 12th?

Fixed1979

Alright, Round Four signups are open. I'll post this in the OT eventually as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053863

What's Last Hero Standing?

Sorry for not responding and I'm sure you've got the answer already but we used LHS for Round 2 - "Each round will start with a player selecting one of their three submitted heroes to play. When a player looses a game that hero can no longer be used for the remaining games in the round. The winning player is free to switch heroes if they wish to do so." Basically the opposite of conquest.

Top Bottom