• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round Three of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

Fixed1979

Thanks everyone, we're actually in pretty good shape, just one match left in round two, three of four round three brackets set and ready for the weekend. Good luck!

Fixed1979

ZZMitch going all the way again guys, you better watch out

Don't think it'll be easy for him...Barrage knocked off two top 10 seeded players (yourself included) and if he gets by him, he'll have either paperboy or manhack, neither will be easy matchups. I don't have a dog in this race, but I can't say I'm not intrigued to see who eventually beats him (assuming someone manages to do it).

Fixed1979

Aright, I've updated the brackets, one match left in round 3.

Question for those still stopping by the thread. Would people find it better to have each round a week instead of 3 days? It sort of devolves into a week anyway as I'm only really paying close attention for round one to avoid no shows...It would definitely extend the tournament considerably, but we may get more players, and I don't know if people are getting stressed at all right now about getting their matches in..

ZZMitch

Aright, I've updated the brackets, one match left in round 3.

Question for those still stopping by the thread. Would people find it better to have each round a week instead of 3 days? It sort of devolves into a week anyway as I'm only really paying close attention for round one to avoid no shows...It would definitely extend the tournament considerably, but we may get more players, and I don't know if people are getting stressed at all right now about getting their matches in..

I'd be okay with it! Especially right now because Barrage and I are having trouble getting on at the same time heh. I have two finals tomorrow so today doesn't work really and tomorrow is rough too. The only time I have before the weekend is tomorrow after my second exam because I am busy all day Friday with work and then my grad banquet. Hopefully we can get our game in soon!

Fixed1979

Alright Semi's are set, good luck to the final four. I don't expect it'll be easy for anyone to close this one out.

I think Blizzard added a feature in the last patch allowing people to spectate both sides of a match at the same time:

With that said, since I'm not participating in this round, if Fixed1979 would like, I could possibly record the finals from both sides using that feature - also assuming both people playing are OK with that. Then, I could upload the recording to YouTube after the match is over. I'd like to point out this would open an avenue for cheating in that I could be relaying card information to each player. Obviously, I wouldn't do that under any circumstances, but I think it's important that everyone be aware of the technical possibilities of this and as such I think both players in the finals would need to agree that they feel comfortable being recorded.

Just an idea, anyway. I've been having a technical issue with recording Hearthstone recently though (since it is in permanent "windowed mode") in that Shadowplay occasionally cuts out the in-game audio - my microphone is fine, but in-game audio gets lost eventually for long recordings. So, I can't guarantee a perfect recording regarding the in-game audio, but I can guarantee my commentary and video footage will work no problem. I can also not provide commentary if people prefer I don't chime in on each play.

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. Assuming the two players in the finals don't mind then I'm all for it, I've been wanting to do this for the last couple tournies but...I'm lazy. If you manage to pull it off and enter in the next tournament then I can certainly do it next round.

ZZMitch

manhack 3 > ZZMitch 2

Good games.

ZZMitch's decks were VERY cool.

Yeah lol. My only "normal" deck was the one that went 0-3. :p My two best decks (in terms of win percentage on ranked) were the first two you saw. Maybe its because no one expects them I suppose! But they are strong.

Fixed1979

Five4, are you free tomorrow night or Saturday to play?

Yeah. Either night should work.

Did you guys get this match done?

Five4, are you free tomorrow night or Saturday to play?

manhack 3 > ZZMitch 2

Good games.

ZZMitch's decks were VERY cool.

Congrats on the finals manhack.

Yeah lol. My only "normal" deck was the one that went 0-3. :p My two best decks (in terms of win percentage on ranked) were the first two you saw. Maybe its because no one expects them I suppose! But they are strong.

Hopefully you'll post your decklist again once this round is over!

LiveWire

We tried to schedule over the weekend but missed each other. I asked him if he's free today/tonight. We'll get it done asap.

LiveWire

LiveWire def. five6four3 3-2

Came back after going down 2-0 very quickly to his Mage and Warrior. I won't spoil what decks they were but they were very cleverly designed!

Managed to eek out each win just in time...most intense Hearthstone games I've played yet! Great games man, great decks!

LiveWire def. five6four3 3-2

Came back after going down 2-0 very quickly to his Mage and Warrior. I won't spoil what decks they were but they were very cleverly designed!

Managed to eek out each win just in time...most intense Hearthstone games I've played yet! Great games man, great decks!

Yeah, that was a good match. Gambled there at the end on the last game...needless to say it didn't pay off. Well played.

Fixed1979

Congrats on making the Finals LiveWire. Can you confirm that you're OK with having the matches recorded?

Soka let me know if you're still up for taking care of this one, otherwise I'll try to get something setup on my end before the games take place.

The final two matches should be interesting to say the least, congrats to all four of you guys and good luck in your last matches.

LiveWire

Thanks! Yea manhack and I spoke last night, we're both ok with the match being streamed/recorded. Also our schedules look like Saturday will be the best day to play.

LiveWire

Well for me there's Capitals playoff hockey at 9:30AM PT/12:30PM ET. So I should be free by 1PM PT/4PM ET and free until about 5PM PT/8PM ET (Mayweather-Pacquaio fight.) If that 4-hour window doesn't work for you and manhack, I could also shoot for before 9:30AM PT. Lemme know.

LiveWire

Not yet, I PM'd him yesterday. When we initially spoke earlier this week he said Saturday would be good but haven't heard from him since.

LiveWire

Manhack confirmed the time frame 1-4 pm Pacific/4-7 pm Eastern works. Soka, if you're still good with that (or if there's a specific time in there that works best) let us know, otherwise I'd say let's shoot for 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern tomorrow.

Top Bottom