• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

TankUP

Been thinking about what a tempo or midrange warrior might use in the two drop slot now that axe has been nerfed.

The obvious twos are Forge of Souls and Armorsmith. Neither of them are all that great on turn 2 in a deck that wants to build tempo. The hipster pick is Hobart or Prince Keleseth, both of which you have to build around a little bit.

Then I remembered a humble little two drop that might actually fit in with what what tempo warrior wants to do anyway.... Amani Berserker. Two mana 2/3 that has synergy with a ton of cards mid-warrior wants to run anyway.

Made a bad deck to test a few of the two drop options out

I made a deck to test out the various twos available and it wasn't actually all that bad. I think if midwarrior is a thing post-nerf Amani might find a spot.

rahji

I almost got my mage at lvl 60. It is my first char that reaches lvl 60, I wonder what will happen when I reach it. This is really exciting.

Hycran

Banned
I almost got my mage at lvl 60. It is my first char that reaches lvl 60, I wonder what will happen when I reach it. This is really exciting.

You get your last golden basic card for that class which you are unlikely to ever use but it will be nice to see it in arena drafts or in your collection generally.

So I've been playing some Quest Mage since I got my golden Toni and maaaan, it's gotta be frustrating to play against. Like, I obviously already knew that because I played against it a lot before. But seeing it from the Mage's side, it's crazy how much your gameplan is built on stalling with freezes, Ice Blocks and Ice Barriers, hoping that your random spells aren't shit, and that your combo pieces are drawn in time.

I rope a decent chunk of my turns because I'm calculating damage, odds of drawing what I need, how many turns I can last etc., and then end those turns by freezing their board for like the sixth time.

It's fun to puzzle it out as you play it, but maddening to play against.

In related news, the sky is blue. :p

You get your last golden basic card for that class which you are unlikely to ever use but it will be nice to see it in arena drafts or in your collection generally.

"Hmm, I'm gonna check just because it'd be funny if it was actually a really useful golden card -- like Flamestrike, or Fireball, or Frost Bolt, or..."

dalaranmagehsq0k.jpg

"... oh."

Pooya

They will nerf priest at some point. Other than Raza being broken AF, Anduin probably should cost 9 to be inline with other DKs. Like why Jaina or Uther cost 9 when this is 8. lol

I hope they stop printing big single card board clears for priest too, that area should be reserved for warlock. Priest should do 2-card clears instead to be inline with their value/card generation and shadowvisions fetching things. Any more board clears and Reno priest in wild will be beyond absurd. That's one thing I think they will eventually have to fix for wild to be playable. When dragon fire rotates out, they should never print something like that anymore. Spirit lash, sw: horror and things like that are more suitable for priest than lightbomb or dragonfire.

Before those happening, I think next set will have some silly card that shuffles 3 copies of something in opponent's deck.

Ladekabel

They will nerf priest at some point. Other than Raza being broken AF, Anduin probably should cost 9 to be inline with other DKs. Like why Jaina or Uther cost 9 when this is 8. lol

I hope they stop printing big single card board clears for priest too, that area should be reserved for warlock. Priest should do 2-card clears instead to be inline with their value/card generation and shadowvisions fetching things. Any more board clears and Reno priest in wild will be beyond absurd. That's one thing I think they will eventually have to fix for wild to be playable. When dragon fire rotates out, they should never print something like that anymore. Spirit lash, sw: horror and things like that are more suitable for priest than lightbomb or dragonfire.

Before those happening, I think next set will have some silly card that shuffles 3 copies of something in opponent's deck.

Beneath_the_Grounds%2822397%29.png

?

fertygo

I actually suspect its gonna get nerfed but they not hit is this wave might as well made it a thing..

Its not something that they miss. Mike Donais already said from anduim reveal at omnistone.. raza anduim is win condition they had in mind for singleton priest from their design/testing

After that I played against a Quest Mage that I got to 1 health on turn 7 and then put up Eye for an Eye and he proceeded to stall until like turn 12. I really thought he was digging for eater of secrets but nope. He finished the quest and then got all set up and shot a fireball and died. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Had a game like that, except I was the mage. Had 1 HP and an Ice Block up, opponent passes on turn 10 leaving my Alex on the field, then I realize the secret is Eye for an Eye since nothing happened when I cleared his board last turn.

I drop Lich Jaina, heal out of lethal range, and he eventually concedes.

Miletius

On my way to rank 5 with this deck. Really fun to play.

### control warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Tainted Zealot
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 2x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 2x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBqG3ApvCAuTCAtPFAqDOApfTAgwwigHbBvgHzAjdvALexALnywKizQKuzQL3zQKX6AIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thanks. I'll give it a shot now!

The first Warlock game I played with Gnomeferatu in my deck was against a Quest Mage. I milled Antonidas the very first time I played the card. That Mage conceded instantly. I feel good about life.

Random thought, there are no Drakkari Enchanter decks are there? Was seeing what cards I was missing from Knights and noticed that I don't have them. Not planning on making one, was just curious.

Whew, that was a good Hearthstone session as Quest Mage. Played 34 games, went 18-16 (53%) and ended at Rank 12 full stars (and was at 11). Not an amazing winrate, but I feel good about it because the deck's overall winrate (according to HS Deck Tracker) is only 44%. I guess I must've been doing a decent job piloting it.

The first Warlock game I played with Gnomeferatu in my deck was against a Quest Mage. I milled Antonidas the very first time I played the card. That Mage conceded instantly. I feel good about life.

Yeah, it can feel really good against combo decks if you hit the right thing. Heck, I don't think there's a really bad card for that to hit in the deck I was just playing. Even the innocuous stuff like AI and Arcanologist go a long way to thinning your deck and advancing to the Mage's win condition.

Then again, if you're against an aggro deck, pretty much nothing you hit will matter. And like has been said, it's also nearly the equivalent of your opponent's destroyed card being on the bottom of their deck instead. If you destroy an Antonidas, it's like telling them they probably would've lost anyway and you're just saving them time. :p

Random thought, there are no Drakkari Enchanter decks are there? Was seeing what cards I was missing from Knights and noticed that I don't have them. Not planning on making one, was just curious.

here is my drakkari enchanter priest, for anyone who wants to have some fun with that card

### END OF TURNS
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Resurrect
# 2x (2) Shadow Ascendant
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (3) Drakkari Enchanter
# 2x (3) Mirage Caller
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Onyx Bishop
# 1x (6) Emperor Thaurissan
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 1x (8) Free From Amber
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (9) Ysera
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAa0GCPYCogmCDtYRqKsChbgCmcgC5swCC+UE8gz6Ec6zAsPBAtHBAsrLAs7MAuXMArTOAv3hAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
68DUYso.png

here is an example game of how it can run away, cleric into ascendent into mirage caller for ascendents and just gone, 5 mana ragnaros + drakkari enchanter to close out vs lich king and 8 health
https://hsreplay.net/replay/DBLstk6Sbmv5uE6ch42Sb6

i tried hogger for the lulz but nah

list is old I use sylvanas and dragonfire potion instead of an onyx and FFA now

Razakus takes more dust than "wallet" warrior, though, and wallet warrior was never the best deck.

Yeah but was CWar the best deck and I think it was a couple legendaries cheaper too.

Yeah, looking back CW was ~13k just at the launch of TGT. Some Razakus decks run about 17.5K. I guess there's an argument to be made that people had less time to grind out packs overall by then. But I was also closer to F2P at that point, whereas now I preorder most expansions. So maybe it's a personal perception thing too.

If Raza priest ends up the best deck in standard would that be the most expensive top deck ever?
Yes, unless Wild Control Paladin becomes top tier at some point:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268936864134725632/350017619606110219/nzoth_pally.png

IIRC, there was a period where Control Warrior was really good, and it had the nickname Wallet Warrior for a reason, haha.
Also true.

Yeah, looking back CW was ~13k just at the launch of TGT. Some Razakus decks run about 17.5K. I guess there's an argument to be made that people had less time to grind out packs overall by then. But I was also closer to F2P at that point, whereas now I preorder most expansions. So maybe it's a personal perception thing too.
Just incredibly expensive.

manhack

I feel bad for players at Rank 20 today. Multiple Murloc paladins, Raza Priests, Jade Druids, and quests mages. Basically the HCT decks all in row. Somehow I'm doing well with my shitty F2P decks including murloc rogue, but still...

IceMarker

Four Jade Druids in a row at Rank 10. As someone who is just trying to enjoy non-Pirate Warrior decks, fuck them all with a rusty war axe.

greepoman

I was able to hit legend with miracle rogue last month pretty easy but this month I'm stuck around rank 3-4. People have gotten better and aren't making as many mistakes in the matchup. Tried several variations and nothing really helped. Really sucks that Valeera is the only DK that doesn't anything to immediately effect to the board state.

So I switched to the quest druid I saw Dog playing with and immediately got 5 straight wins at rank 4. Pretty hilarious that a deck like that can beat aggro. Seems like you can just make a druid deck with ramp+UI+spreading plague and then throw whatever you want in and you can win games.

Top Bottom