• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Unless she was dressed as a Geisha

eloisegeishapuui9.png

Tempo Mages can get the most ridiculously aggravating starts.

Mana Wyrm turn 1, Sorc apprentice turn 2, arcane missiles that kills my Flame Imp, down to 24 hp. Flamecannon kills my Gang Boss, fireball the imp.

Cool I lost already.

Woah, just got a really weird interaction. Rogue SI:7's my Mad Scientist, which gives me mirror entity, which triggers and gives me SI:7 Agent. What?

Tempo Mages can get the most ridiculously aggravating starts.

Mana Wyrm turn 1, Sorc apprentice turn 2, arcane missiles that kills my Flame Imp, down to 24 hp. Flamecannon kills my Gang Boss, fireball the imp.

Cool I lost already.

Woah, just got a really weird interaction. Rogue SI:7's my Mad Scientist, which gives me mirror entity, which triggers and gives me SI:7 Agent. What?

When the battlecry is activated the minion isn't technically played on the board yet.

So, battlecry activates to kill scientist, deathrattle resolves, minion officially comes into play, secret activates.

Same thing happens with Fire Elemental. Apparently, the Battlecry kills Mad Scientist before the minion hits the board. The Mad Scientist immediately pulls the secret and then the minion hits the board which sets off the secret. The same thing should work for Snipe as well, but nobody plays it.

G.ZZZ

Is Reckful retarded or what. That was embarassing, luckily they removed him, even if for someone like Amaz.

At least we still got Frodan ! Prep-Vanish Frodan

CoolOff

They had a break, and then they came back with Amaz instead of Reckful, and talked about "what happened with the casting roster, and correcting mistakes".

Why would they use reckful in the first place.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

I turned it off because I got bored of him... terribly bored. The series is really interesting to watch and then reckful kinda started to bring it down to shit level.

Fireblend

Banned
My GF has been playing this casually for the past couple of months. I want to join her and get into the game, but it's always felt intimidating to join. So far I've read I should just grind until I beat all AI normal/expert opponents and then start challenging players until all the basic classes are level 10. How long is that supposed to take me? And what does one do after that? Will I know what I want to do with my deck by then, or should I read more to get a sense of what a good progression is like?

Rapstah

My GF has been playing this casually for the past couple of months. I want to join her and get into the game, but it's always felt intimidating to join. So far I've read I should just grind until I beat all AI normal/expert opponents and then start challenging players until all the basic classes are level 10. How long is that supposed to take me? And what does one do after that? Will I know what I want to do with my deck by then, or should I read more to get a sense of what a good progression is like?

Getting all classes to level 10 shouldn't take much time at all. Finding out what you're "supposed" to do gets really hard for new players after that though. You're probably "supposed" to buy the adventures and get the good cards you can get from them, but they cost money.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Getting all classes to level 10 shouldn't take much time at all. Finding out what you're "supposed" to do gets really hard for new players after that though. You're probably "supposed" to buy the adventures and get the good cards you can get from them, but they cost money.

I would argue that buying adventures can wait and he should first learn basic concepts like tempo, board control, when to trade, Etc. Maybe he should watch some videos online and play arena before getting into constructed.

I understand why they needed to remove Reckful but man he made the stream hilarious to watch.

He has a great personality and I enjoy his streams. But on the other hand, I've been bored with hearthstone streams for a while and this format is bringing me back in, while his casting was pushing me back out, lol.

JesseZao

He was incredibly unprofessional and wasn't putting the league in a good light. I don't like amaz, but at least he's invested in the league, so he'll tone down the act.

Haunted

I haven't seen a caster forcibly removed from the cast mid-stream since LD accidentally revealed icefrog's real identity.

Fireblend

Banned

I'm not completely against spending money, but it'd worry me if that was "the thing to do" right out of the gate. Guess I'll check out more guides and tutorials and see how far I can get into the game before it becomes stale or I'm forced to open my wallet to get more card variety and if I get into it I might consider spending some.

manhack

I understand why they needed to remove Reckful but man he made the stream hilarious to watch.

Guess I just have a different sense of humor, but I found Reckful more cringeworthy than funny. Leave the racist and sexist stuff to the morons in twitch chat.

Glad he is gone. Obviously it is "just a game" and it is the other extreme to take Hearthstone too seriously (see Hearthstone Pro League), but there is no sense keeping someone around who doesn't really have respect for anything.

I'm not completely against spending money, but it'd worry me if that was "the thing to do" right out of the gate. Guess I'll check out more guides and tutorials and see how far I can get into the game before it becomes stale or I'm forced to open my wallet to get more card variety and if I get into it I might consider spending some.

You're never actually forced to open your wallet.

I don't want to discourage your from spending money, just saying you don't have to if you don't want to. But maybe you'll want to.

I think he mentioned the adventures because they are the best value to buy. There is no "supposed" to buy adventures with money, since you can also get them with gold. In fact, everything - except some cosmetics like the new alternative portraits and card backs - can be bought without dropping a dime into the game.

Fixed1979

You're never actually forced to open your wallet.

I don't want to discourage your from spending money, just saying you don't have to if you don't want to. But maybe you'll want to.

I think he mentioned the adventures because they are the best value to buy. There is no "supposed" to buy adventures with money, since you can also get them with gold. In fact, everything - except some cosmetics like the new alternative portraits and card backs - can be bought without dropping a dime into the game.

hold on, you can buy card backs now?

johnsmith

remember me
After being forced to apologize after the 2nd lord of the arena I can't believe somebody thought it would be a good idea to have him cast a try-hard league.

JesseZao

After being forced to apologize after the 2nd lord of the arena I can't believe somebody thought it would be a good idea to have him cast a try-hard league.

When he kept mispronouncing Eloise's name it was obvious he is unfit to cast. He didn't know how to pronounce a simple name, and was called out, so he decides to turn it into a joke that belittles the player. His ego is fragile.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

I remember you from the (lol) ghost thread, where you were awesome in explaining to a... not very rationally-minded person... how the scientific method works and why s/he was so totally, laughably, embarrassingly wrong.

I want to encourage behavior like that, so here's what I'll do: send me a PM, and I'll send you a code to get some cards to start playing this amazing/heartbreaking game.

(It'll take until Sunday, since I have to be at work to get my personal codes.)

I would argue that buying adventures can wait and he should first learn basic concepts like tempo, board control, when to trade, Etc. Maybe he should watch some videos online and play arena before getting into constructed.

Arena and constructed are so different. If his goal is to play constructed Arena isn't going to teach him what he needs.

Arena and constructed are so different. If his goal is to play constructed Arena isn't going to teach him what he needs.

I think arena is actually great for learning constructed. Sure, it doesn't teach you the meta and it is certainly not a 1:1 experience, but arena familiarizes you with a lot of cards and concepts that are useful in both experiences while helping you build up a library of cards the most efficient and fastest way possible.

Dahbomb

Arena teaches you general game fundamentals.

Constructed teaches you specific deck match ups and how to pilot specific decks... which do require some fundamentals but a lot of deck have stuff that run counter intuitive to some of the fundamentals of Hearthstone.

Fireblend

Banned
I remember you from the (lol) ghost thread, where you were awesome in explaining to a... not very rationally-minded person... how the scientific method works and why s/he was so totally, laughably, embarrassingly wrong.

I want to encourage behavior like that, so here's what I'll do: send me a PM, and I'll send you a code to get some cards to start playing this amazing/heartbreaking game.

(It'll take until Sunday, since I have to be at work to get my personal codes.)
Haha, getting recognized from elsewhere in GAF kind of makes me reflect on how often I post. Not sure if that's a good thing... on the other hand, that was a very memorable thread. Thanks for the offer! I'll PM you for sure and celebrate that GAF karma seems to be an actual thing :D

And after reading around a bit I guess I'll stick to arena for a while since it seems that it's sort of more leveled and then try my hand at actually building a deck and stuff. Thanks for the info and suggestions.

tariniel

Oh man, I was playing as Druid against a Mage in brawl, he took me from 22 to 8 and cleared my board, and he was at 9 health. I had a King Krush in my hand, but no other way to do 1 more damage to win.

Then he plays King Mukla and ends turn. WHY?! The banana gave me exactly 9 damage with 10 mana.

He also got really lucky and Kodo'd a Maexxna when I had 2 hyenas and a webspinner on board. I almost conceded right then.

That little teaser thing makes you think it is actually coming out in 20 days. "Muster for battle", but I simply cannot imagine them dropping an expansion 20 days after announcing it actually exists!

But what if... I mean, it does say the next bit of news will be coming - presumably before the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom