• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Finally completely burned out from this game, what feels like a stale meta mixed with RNG finally got me to uninstall on mobile. I'll still play on PC but only when I'm going to override a quest. Thanks for the couple years of salt and fun Blizzard, see you soon in the next expansion when I might actually dedicate some serious time again.

IceMarker

What makes you feel burned out?

To be fair, I've been burned out for a while, especially with over 5,000 wins across all game modes, being able to almost call out plays from my opponent before they happen ("oh man, here comes CotW on 8!", "he's about to drop Councilman on turn 3 I know it!", etc.) is getting very boring and un-fun to me. The times I enjoy Hearthstone the most nowadays is when an expansion has just released and the predictability, netdecking, and min-maxing is low and fun is actually the goal of many players (which is why I always appreciate playing with and against Yogg-Saron decks for example). As I mentioned, I'll be back when the next expansion hits and that feeling of excitement of not knowing what you're up against is alive again.

Xanathus

To be fair, I've been burned out for a while, especially with over 5,000 wins across all game modes, being able to almost call out plays from my opponent before they happen ("oh man, here comes CotW on 8!", "he's about to drop Councilman on turn 3 I know it!", etc.) is getting very boring and un-fun to me. The times I enjoy Hearthstone the most nowadays is when an expansion has just released and the predictability, netdecking, and min-maxing is low and fun is actually the goal of many players (which is why I always appreciate playing with and against Yogg-Saron decks for example). As I mentioned, I'll be back when the next expansion hits and that feeling of excitement of not knowing what you're up against is alive again.

psst, play Wild at low ranks

scarlet

Just take a break or play it sometimes.

I've been playing for 2 months for around 1000 wins and I've already feel tired. Can't imagine what you're feeling now.

Xanathus

I tried that, but my PTSD of Dr. 7, Piloted Balance, and Secret Business keep me from enjoying that too. :(

I tell ya what though hyper-random Yogg-Saron Mage really shines in Wild with the re-addition of Unstable Portal.

Hence the reason I said "low ranks" as in rank 20. I'm seeing basic decks and gimmick ones like Inner Fire Priest over here.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thinking of doing a de extravaganza to get the dust to craft yogg and two arcane blasts to make my tempo mage better. I would just be missing Thalnos at that point. A big loss for sure but he seems less important than yogg.

I just had a guy use Forbidden Ritual at 0 mana...

It depends on the order the traps are played. I don't think Explosive will trigger if Freezing is played first.
That's stupid, because the Freezing still triggered first.

Finally completely burned out from this game, what feels like a stale meta mixed with RNG finally got me to uninstall on mobile. I'll still play on PC but only when I'm going to override a quest. Thanks for the couple years of salt and fun Blizzard, see you soon in the next expansion when I might actually dedicate some serious time again.

Consider playing another DCG for a while. :)

Thinking of doing a de extravaganza to get the dust to craft yogg and two arcane blasts to make my tempo mage better. I would just be missing Thalnos at that point. A big loss for sure but he seems less important than yogg.
It's a great idea if you have the rest of the deck, and you're sure you want to play nothing else. I've often DE'd things for one deck that I wish I had for another deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just had a guy use Forbidden Ritual at 0 mana...

That's stupid, because the Freezing still triggered first.

Consider playing another DCG for a while. :)

It's a great idea if you have the rest of the deck, and you're sure you want to play nothing else. I've often DE'd things for one deck that I wish I had for another deck.

The stuff I would be de-ing is largely worthless. Stuff like Hogger, Cho'gall, golden Sea giant (when I have one other).

I just hope I don't bore of Yogg. I like tempo mage in general a lot and Yogg seems critical for it right now.

Holy cow--maybe I'm LTTP on this but you can rack up free gold in Wild by just BEING a paladin. Lots of insta-concedes in rank 18 - 19.

Paladin quest completed before I even got a chance to win w/ my ramshackle OTK stealth deck.

wiibomb

Holy cow--maybe I'm LTTP on this but you can rack up free gold in Wild by just BEING a paladin. Lots of insta-concedes in rank 18 - 19.

Paladin quest completed before I even got a chance to win w/ my ramshackle OTK stealth deck.

and why is that? does paladin has a kind of OP card or something?

rahji

rolling really good in arena. yesterday 8 wins with rogue, 6 wins with druid and today already 4-1 with shaman. I just don't have any luck completing my quests in arena or playing a "favorable" class like pala or mage. I am really curious to play warrior in arena.

That's a huge exaggeration. It's still busted bullshit, and even more than Shaman it plays itself, but no deck has a win rate that high.
That's the winrate Yochichan said he had with the deck last season, and I think it was mid-70% this season.

Levi

Banned
1) The deck is pure auto-pilot. I doubt Yoshichan is making any amazing plays.
2) Are you calling him a liar? lol

1. Strifeco once won, what, 40 games in a row in ranked with Midrange Paladin? Doesn't mean that deck has an overall 100% win rate because one player had a hot streak.

2. I'm sure he has an 80% win rate every season the way I am sure everyone on reddit has an 8 win arena average.

Mulgrok

Mad bomber in my dragon paladin deck is MVP.

I can see the confusion of the shamans when I coin kill their argent squire on turn 1 with it.

Dahbomb

Man I have well above 70% win rate with Secret Paladin too.

I wish I had my tracker up for those games. This is before WoG though, I have only played 3 matches of Secret Paladin in Wild since then and won all 3 but they were in the rank 22-20 so I don't think that counts for much.

Deck is definitely the most auto pilot deck in HS. It may not be 100% auto pilot but it's like 95% auto pilot.

fertygo

To be fair, I've been burned out for a while, especially with over 5,000 wins across all game modes, being able to almost call out plays from my opponent before they happen ("oh man, here comes CotW on 8!", "he's about to drop Councilman on turn 3 I know it!", etc.) is getting very boring and un-fun to me.

This is actually the most fun part of me, if you want the actual opposite of this you can play arena but when predictability is so much little you end up playing against your own hand, putting the most tempo play each turn etc.. The most satisfying feeling to me is when I successfully counter opponent big turn with my preparation, its a turn based game.. and HS already so frigging random for turn based game.

squidyj

that feeling when both battle rages and all your major threats are in the bottom of your deck and you can't draw for shit as tempo warrior. Just throwing away games on a bad run of cards.

greepoman

Hit top 100 legend and I thought I'd take a break and play some fun decks and maybe do some quests by playing Casual mode instead of ranked...and it's all the same decks. Guess maybe I'll try Wild? I really don't want to see Dr. Boom ever again though.

that feeling when both battle rages and all your major threats are in the bottom of your deck and you can't draw for shit as tempo warrior. Just throwing away games on a bad run of cards.
I wish Blizzard would let us start with more cards in our hand.

Solforge starts you with 5.
Duelyst starts you with 6.
Infinity Wars starts you with...7? I've never counted.

Hearthstone starts you with 4, and it's extremely painful when you don't get the right card set. Increasing the starting hand would do a lot to increase the skill level of this game and make it more consistent.

Hit top 100 legend and I thought I'd take a break and play some fun decks and maybe do some quests by playing Casual mode instead of ranked...and it's all the same decks. Guess maybe I'll try Wild? I really don't want to see Dr. Boom ever again though.
Then stay out of Wild. :p

fertygo

yeah I want to try wild, but the thought meeting Dr. Boom again always hold me back to do more than farming quest in lower rank

Dahbomb

The low opening hand size is by design.

Cards like Mountain Giant and Drake are designed around it.

Also Blizzard wants that inconsistency so that every match doesn't play out the same way ie. the god curves. One card in hand means more chance of going up against that turn 1 Tunnel Trogg.

What they can change is NOT getting the same card in your hand when you mulligan it out.

The low opening hand size is by design.

Cards like Mountain Giant and Drake are designed around it.

Also Blizzard wants that inconsistency so that every match doesn't play out the same way ie. the god curves. One card in hand means more chance of going up against that turn 1 Tunnel Trogg.

What they can change is NOT getting the same card in your hand when you mulligan it out.
You can adjust those cards - starting the game with 4 cards is pretty sucky.

Dahbomb

You can adjust those cards - starting the game with 4 cards is pretty sucky.
Well 2nd player starts with 5.

"Adjusting" Mountain Giant to be even worse is ridiculous given the card already hardly sees any play. Card is just too slow and honest even with a 5 hand card for player one it won't allow you to get a turn 3 Giant out. Though player 2 can get him out turn 3 (because Coin counts as a card in hand too) if player 2 started with 6 cards in hand.

Talking about Handlock here of course. For other classes that card would still remain unplayable.

Well 2nd player starts with 5.

"Adjusting" Mountain Giant to be even worse is ridiculous given the card already hardly sees any play. Card is just too slow and honest even with a 5 hand card for player one it won't allow you to get a turn 3 Giant out. Though player 2 can get him out turn 3 (because Coin counts as a card in hand too) if player 2 started with 6 cards in hand.

Talking about Handlock here of course. For other classes that card would still remain unplayable.
IDK. Dead card in a dead archetype. I don't think that should prevent the game from being improved as a whole.

Dahbomb

If we start down this rabbit whole then there's a whole slew of improvements that could be made to HS which would make it a much better game.

And like mentioned, HS gives a full mulligan option... a lot of card games don't offer that option.

fertygo

You can mulligan all of your card though, some of those game that have bigger starting hand only allow fewer mulligan. I really wish the copy of card that replaced can't came back, that stupid af.. I thought Duelyst not gonna has this but this shit also exist there

btw N'zoth Pally can't survive is really disappointment, what the deck need to be viable tier 1? 2 drop?

Pooya

if anything I would change the mulligan so that you either discard that hand or keep it and you get two shot at that, keeping individual cards and curve consistency is BAD for the game.
You don't want players to get 1-2-3 curves too often, that makes the games predictable. Current system favors curving, oh you go that 1 drop but rest of the hand is like 6 drops? You either keep all of them or try your luck again, right now you have your cake (the 1 drop) and try to eat it too by sending back the rest of the cards.

if anything I would change the mulligan so that you either discard that hand or keep it and you get two shot at that, keeping individual cards and curve consistency is BAD for the game.
You don't want players to get 1-2-3 curves too often, that makes the games predictable. Current system favors curving, oh you go that 1 drop but rest of the hand is like 6 drops? You either keep all of them or try your luck again, right now you have your cake (the 1 drop) and try to eat it too by sending back the rest of the cards.
In chess, the first few moves are almost always the same. The meat of the game is in the middle.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One player is not the entire meta, I also don't recall Yoshi offering any, you know, proof.

1. Strifeco once won, what, 40 games in a row in ranked with Midrange Paladin? Doesn't mean that deck has an overall 100% win rate because one player had a hot streak.

2. I'm sure he has an 80% win rate every season the way I am sure everyone on reddit has an 8 win arena average.
nE8FuKP.png

Proof enough for you buddy? I've gotten to rank 5 every season since ranked rewards went live, and it's taken me less than two hours (max three hours) every single time.

edit: I don't think I've said that I've had 80% every season but it's damn near close to it. I have however said it takes me less than a couple of hours every season. And I've stated that it takes no skill, and that the game is shit - but I'm doing this for the rewards because the rest of the game (including standard) is terrible.

Tarazet

I had an idea and I have no clue if anyone is doing it, is Yogg Miracle Rogue a thing? I think that could be amazing, because you always end up with a couple of flex/dead cards. I was using Mountain Giants to have an extra threat but I was just thinking Yogg could be bonkers.

squidyj

Today is not my day, my opponent's yogg plays ambush.

I proceed to immediately draw all 3 anu'bar with 10 cards left in my deck
fucking hell.

Pooya

Looking at kripp's stream now, I guess I'm getting sniped too whenever I play arena and my opponent has perfect answers to every play I make at like 1 wins... not. lol. this guy man. Whenever he plays stupid decks it's all about his skill and good plays obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom