• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they put Shaman Hero Power on a fixed rotation they should remove searing totem from the pool. Just have taunt, heal, spell power.

Wish I could share games from mobile. Just had the most intense renolock mirror, it came down to fatigue after both our deck fired on all ends. My Jaraxxus got pulled by Dirty Rat but I pulled his Reno Jackson in return. I had a pretty standard build w/o the combo while my opponent had a spicy brew playing Bloodsail Corsair w/ Patches and some other unusual cards. I still had my ooze for his Jaraxxus and won fatigue by 2 life against Jaraxxus and his 6/6s. Reno'd early in fear of combo that wasn't there but was able to stay on 30 up until fatigue afterwards.

Looking at Tempo Storm I'm running a super greedy Renolock list.

Pity timer is up, got a dupe Kazakus, which means I can finally craft Aya, stop buying Gadgetzan packs and start saving gold. Kazakus nerfs are unlikely prob gonna dust it soon.

I cannot wait for the patch, if only for the STB nerf. While pirates may not immediately disappear from the meta, they'll be far less effective and will certainly see a downswing. Then I'll be able to write a "told you so :p" post re: STB being the problem, not Patches. Sure, Patches is crazy value, but its actual impact isn't that great and it can be dealt with easily. It was STB's two health combined with a weapon to defend it (and Patches if you only had the Hook) that made it so OP.

The pirates package, especially in Warrior, can already be very hit and miss; this nerf will, in all likelihood, bring the whole house of cards crashing down.

Today's hearthstone for me is just an endless journey of pain. Played a whole bunch of decks, almost none of which worked out. Play jade druid, gets no jade no ramp. Play jade shaman, gets no jade and no early game. Play renolock, 6 games not one playable minion before turn 4, by which time I am already dead.

Meanwhile it seems all my opponents have good opening hand and draws perfect answers. Some days hearthstone makes me want to uninstall the damn game.

Dahbomb

What is the pantheon (the REAL hall of fame) for hs?

Let's keep it to 5. Like hof rules for baseball

I'd say

Dr. Boom
Yogg
Prenerf undertaker
Gadjetzan auctioneer
Patches(early but I think it's deserved)

Right? What other have had as much an impact as these 5?
Charge has to be on there given how many time it has been changed.

Dr Balanced of course.

Sludge Belcher is pretty close to being among the best cards in Wild right now, better than Shredder.

Undertaker.

And Patches. So strong it has power creeped over Wild.

Pre-nerf Auctioneer, Leeroy, Blood Imp, Starving Buzzard were meta defining cards too.

Actually have another hall of famer: Pre, pre nerf Warsong Commander! Give your minions Charge ie. Molten Giants!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dammit Lifecoach. Why do your card reviews have to be so useless? You hover over Jade Spirit and say "not good" and move on. I can't include something like that! Blink and you miss it!

Dahbomb

They definitely did print enough Rogue Jades.

I have perfect high end Jade card for Rogue.

7 mana 7/7 Dr Jade
Battlecry: Summon two Jade Golems.

Pooya

looks like expansion is being announced on Monday.

C5abdk7UYAAKnj6.jpg
https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/835558239416692736

I guess since Ben Brode is director now they've changed their promo routine. Maybe they don't drag this one forever. Honestly, there has been a lot of good changes since his promotion.

i hate how vague brode is. like just post the news on monday. announcement of an announcement is so ridiculous. you're a videogame which is expected to have constant releases and patches (LMFAO right?), i don't need foreplay

It's just some twitter fun, who cares?

i actually think the pre announcements of things like nerfs are detrimental to the game. for instance, pirate warrior obviously has been turbo popular since this meta began, but since the STB nerf has been announced, wild has been even more overrun with WPWs, and the shaman antics as well. For nerfs, it's best to just drop the bomb out of nowhere, otherwise you promote a toxic environment in the interum before they get dropped. you're literally telling the whole community 'this card is broken, we'll fix the glitch soon, in the meantime have fun with your end stage cancer'. definitely doesn't bode well for the 'casual' audience they are always so worried about.

peakish

i actually think the pre announcements of things like nerfs are detrimental to the game. for instance, pirate warrior obviously has been turbo popular since this meta began, but since the STB nerf has been announced, wild has been even more overrun with WPWs, and the shaman antics as well. For nerfs, it's best to just drop the bomb out of nowhere, otherwise you promote a toxic environment in the interum before they get dropped. you're literally telling the whole community 'this card is broken, we'll fix the glitch soon, in the meantime have fun with your end stage cancer'. definitely doesn't bode well for the 'casual' audience they are always so worried about.
Sure. Right now I see all these soon to be nerfed cards that I hope will never ever see again because jesus fuck. But it's one thing to post a funny message on your twitter, another for your PR team to put up a tease. I realize it sort of blends together in this age of social media but I still largely put the benefit of the doubt in private twitter accounts being private.

Today's hearthstone for me is just an endless journey of pain. Played a whole bunch of decks, almost none of which worked out. Play jade druid, gets no jade no ramp. Play jade shaman, gets no jade and no early game. Play renolock, 6 games not one playable minion before turn 4, by which time I am already dead.

Meanwhile it seems all my opponents have good opening hand and draws perfect answers. Some days hearthstone makes me want to uninstall the damn game.

Don't play card games if you want to win only based on skill. RNG is half the game.

Dahbomb

Nerf hammer upgraded to nerf axe.

When you get nerfed now, you don't get nerfed to being a bad card... you get cut from a game mode.

manhack

Brode has said multiple times that they don't like to announce nerfs early, their hand was forced due to the Reddit melt down happening over the state of the game. They announced them early to pacify the complainers and give some room so they could make other announcements (mammoth/arena) without people losing their shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nerf hammer upgraded to nerf axe.

When you get nerfed now, you don't get nerfed to being a bad card... you get cut from a game mode.

I think that's an improvement. Old Blizard Nerfs, the card would be unusable in every mode. Putting them to wild only, they can still be used in Wild and Tavern Brawls.

Brode has said multiple times that they don't like to announce nerfs early, their hand was forced due to the Reddit melt down happening over the state of the game. They announced them early to pacify the complainers and give some room so they could make other announcements (mammoth/arena) without people losing their shit.

i can't imagine the proportion of people who open up hearthstone on a weekly basis that also visit the reddit is greater than a percent or two. if that's the case you'd think there would be a monthly/new season patch regularly considering how regularly that place loses its mind over things

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

When have they not announced nerfs early.

Haines

Banned
Jesus christ

Hearthstone changes Monday
Horizon Tuesday
Zelda and switch Friday

Pax 1 week later.

I'm going to gamer heaven boys.

Too bad I have a family and a job. Well maybe that's a good thing

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ

Hearthstone changes Monday
Horizon Tuesday
Zelda and switch Friday

Pax 1 week later.

I'm going to gamer heaven boys.

Too bad I have a family and a job. Well maybe that's a good thing

Your post forgot that Torment: Tides of Numenera releases next week too! Get that CRPG goodness.

Eddie Bax

well everyone mulligans for reno and there's a good chance you don't play any cards that give it away until turn 3

It's not just on the mulligan, even once it's clear what I'm playing, I'm seeing a lot of dumb stuff like leaving my knife juggler alone or entombing an egg instead of waiting for one of my big dudes to drop.

Tacitus_

1-3 never lucky

ILkswsy.png

Went 1-2 because the opponent kept getting taunts and hiding his tiger behind it, had a 1/3 chance to draw removal, didnt. Went 1-3 because the warrior drew into mortal strike -> bash while I had 15 HP worth of taunt on the field.

Fuck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Streamer who's going to get shit on the hardest in my video? It's gonna be Day[9].

Inkmaster Solia - Awful awful awful awful awful. Worse than Freezing Potion.

Pint-Sized Potion - He actually sang a song about how this was the "best card in Priest".

And I ain't even into Part 2! If this goes on I'm gonna have to put a dedicated funeral section at the end just for him.

I've had the opposite experience. The combo clumps up the deck in a way I'm uncomfortable playing with, Jaraxxus on the other hand is MVP.

i would say the art of the combo is knowing when to gives up on the pieces and use them individually (i.e. PO+Sylvana, Faceless a Mountain Giant, etc) and when to save it for the big bang. I honestly win maybe 2-3/10 games with the whole combo, but when I do it really counts. Leeroy alone has been really useful.

Dahbomb

Leeroy/Jaraxxus in Renolock is the truth. Dahbomb's list is on point btw.

Having both of those win conditions has been godlike for me. Works wayyyy better than Ragnaros/Jaraxxus.
Well Ragnaros isn't good at all in the current meta.

As far as the combo is concerned, only the Faceless usually sits in your hand. Leeroy can be comboed with Shadowflame to clear boards if you really need to or just do incidental finisher damage sometimes. PO is just amazing in general.

The skill is recognizing when you don't need the combo pieces to win and use them earlier to win through other means.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Streamer who's going to get shit on the hardest in my video? It's gonna be Day[9].

Inkmaster Solia - Awful awful awful awful awful. Worse than Freezing Potion.

Pint-Sized Potion - He actually sang a song about how this was the "best card in Priest".

And I ain't even into Part 2! If this goes on I'm gonna have to put a dedicated funeral section at the end just for him.

Not surprising. Day[9] is a entertaining guy but has never really been dedicated at anything except maybe StarCraft 1. Him having bad opinions is probably the least surprising thing. To me at least. Looking forward to the videos Zealous!

Midrange Shaman is the perfect deck to try to get rank 5 quickly with a mild fever. Just do the highest value play each turn.
i would say the art of the combo is knowing when to gives up on the pieces and use them individually (i.e. PO+Sylvana, Faceless a Mountain Giant, etc) and when to save it for the big bang. I honestly win maybe 2-3/10 games with the whole combo, but when I do it really counts. Leeroy alone has been really useful.
It's not so much the playing of the combo, which I'm also not that comfortable with, but finding room for it in the deck. Cutting it lets me be much greedier with the list, in competitive I'd agree it's better with the combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom