• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heatseeker Soars to Wii - First Screens

Game-Biz

Interview

heatseeker-20061004051037815.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051038409.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051039347.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051048674.jpg

http://wii.ign.com/articles/737/737295p1.html

relyt9

Hmm, haven't read the interview yet, but game looks (not graphically) pretty good. Kinda seems fun to play with the Wiimote. We'll see.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow(?)

edit: sorry, I've never gotten to do that. :( I think it looks inoffensive, actually.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This has nothing to do with anything, but an updated version of Starfox 64 on the Wii with new controls would be so awesome.

Yeah, carry on.

I dunno. I saw that "Impact Cam" shot, and for some reason, the "shot down/game over" themes from Starfox started playing in my head.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Let's face it, Nintendo Wii is going to be just like every Nintendo console since SNES -- you're buying it primarily for the first-party titles and that's about it.

GC had RE4. Are we going to see anything of that caliber from 3rd parties on Wii?

LukeSmith

chespace said:
Let's face it, Nintendo Wii is going to be just like every Nintendo console since SNES -- you're buying it primarily for the first-party titles and that's about it.

GC had RE4. Are we going to see anything of that caliber from 3rd parties on Wii?

But Che, Nintendo's whole strategy hinges on expanding their audience. Won't they just get the same 15M consumers who bought GameCubes?

Kangu

Banned
threeball said:
*in before people bitch about the graphics and compare them to PSP/N64/PS2*

If you think it looks bad now imagine in 4-5 years when everyone is bitching about how ugly X360 and PS3 games look.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Scoot said:
But Che, Nintendo's whole strategy hinges on expanding their audience. Won't they just get the same 15M consumers who bought GameCubes?

They don't need crappy non-mainstream 3rd party games like RE4 when their first-party money machine can roll out hits like Wii Sports and Wii Brain Training and Wii Iron Chef.

Like I said, you're gonna buy Wii for the first-party. ;)

Scoot said:
Are you trying to be funny? You're trying to be funny. I like you. You're funny.

Mashing

chespace said:

QFT. The ONLY way this will change is if Nintendo becomes the marketshare leader. Even that is debatable. If Nintendo became the market leader the 3rd parties couldn't hide behind the "BUT NO ONE BUYS OUR GAMES, SO WE DON'T SPEND THE MONEY/EFFORT TO MAKE GOOD GAMES!". That's just a catch-22.

Dante

Yeah more third parties might be onboard for Wii, but after seeing their efforts so far gotta say they aren't really bringing much to the table.

chase

Guys, I heard a rumor that Wii isn't as powerful as Xbox360 or PS3.

I thought I'd share the information with you lot first! You're welcome!

IGN Wii: Is there a multiplayer mode of any kind?

Ben: This time around the PS2 game focuses on the single-player experience, we decided to use that time to make the missions cooler, the environments more lush, and the fireworks so damn hot. The PSP build features network play and a range of game modes, from dogfights, to team dogfights, ground assault as well as an eye watering race mode.

Oh shit, abandon ship!:lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
chespace said:

It was a while ago now but you forgot about Soul Calibur 2. OMGz it has LINK!

g23

European pre-madonna
Why do you people judge a game based on gfx? we haven't even seen video yet! & for christ's sakes read the interview. The dev is very passionate about the game.

StevieP

Banned
Ah, the anti-nintendo orgy strikes again. People seem to forget that the shitty 'ol cube sold only a million or so less than the massively successful XBox... They're at 24 million now, (not 15) aren't they? Maybe they'll "1up" the massively successful XBox at some point, thanks to budget-concious parents. Maybe they won't. But as it stands right now, the Wii will take Japan by default this year, and that may shore up more dev support than many of you are willing to admit.

PS This game looks last gen, but maybe it will turn out to be FUN TO PLAY? :)

Xdrive05

Scoot said:

Yeah, I think that's the argument. Nintendo's going to get that 15M and probably many more if they play their cards right (ie: apropriate marketing, non-games, new gen perks, etc.).

It's going to be interesting to see how they aproach a broader market in the home console space. It's easier to sell the DS in the era of the Ipod and GBA, but getting non-gamers to slap a black bar on their TV's is going to take a bit more IMO.

Christopher

g23 said:
Why do you people judge a game based on gfx? we haven't even seen video yet! & for christ's sakes read the interview. The dev is very passionate about the game.

erm this is next gen buddy, of course everyone cares about the graphics, if not we'd be perfectly fine with our SNES/NESes but with more space.

People are going to be buying the Wii for first party titles??

Well, no %^$%&*^ %$#@.

Nintendo makes the best games period, end of sentence.

Many people on this board bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about the Wii.

These same people will be buying one(many at launch too).

That about says it all.

castle007

Banned
chase said:
Guys, I heard a rumor that Wii isn't as powerful as Xbox360 or PS3.

I thought I'd share the information with you lot first! You're welcome!

I heard that too. And I also heard that the orange port on the back of the Wii is for the goggles and the holograms

kizmah

It doesn't look that bad. And the game is due for release in march 2007 so there is still some time for polish.

chespace said:

Resident Evil Chronicles. I think that's it, though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I dunno about you guys, but I'm buying a wii for excite truck. Excite truck will be the system seller this year, just you wait!

Top Bottom