• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword Devs going Multi-Platform

golem

some good zingers in this thread. B+

kevm3 said:
but it'll be interesting to see what Sony decides to do with the extra money

theyre spending the money to make another one. :/

Kittonwy

Banned
flarkminator said:
awesome, people won't have to pretend to like this one

That's right, I faked it.

gladtomeetya.gif
=fake

happysup.gif
=fake

bunny.gif
=fake

fake fake fake fake fake

ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS at this.

More or less because Heavenly Sword was one of the greatest (COMPLETELY IGNORED) game of last year.

and YES, caps are used for POWER!!

Kittonwy said:
That's right, I faked it.

gladtomeetya.gif
=fake

happysup.gif
=fake

bunny.gif
=fake

fake fake fake fake fake

I thought I smelled feline -.-

wipeout364

pswii60 said:
I reckon Sony Cambridge will be doing HS2. I mean they pretty much did HS1 for Ninja Theory anyway.
What did SONY cambridge do on HS1? Have they developed any games this gen or have they been exclusively tech development? They did some cool games in the past.

Also how can these guys take three years to do another game? They've got their engine (or did they lose that leaving Sony) three years will put them near the XBOX360's replacement I would guess.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
wipeout364 said:
What did SONY cambridge do on HS1? Have they developed any games this gen or have they been exclusively tech development? They did some cool games in the past.

Also how can these guys take three years to do another game? They've got their engine (or did they lose that leaving Sony) three years will put them near the XBOX360's replacement I would guess.

They're a big part of the core-technology group headed up by the London Studio. They also did some work on Eight Days (lol) during pre-prod as well as throwing bodies at Heavenly Sword.

They do have a game or two up their sleeves but don't be all "OH FUCK MEDIEVIL" and shit, because it likely aint.

That is all.

Kittonwy said:
I wuv UNCHARTED IT'S TEH TRUE.
angry.gif

Shit yeah. The half-tuck is this generations defining moment!

Kittonwy

Banned
McBradders said:
They're a big part of the core-technology group headed up by the London Studio. They also did some work on Eight Days (lol) during pre-prod as well as throwing bodies at Heavenly Sword.

They do have a game or two up their sleeves but don't be all "OH FUCK MEDIEVIL" and shit, because it likely aint.

That is all.

Shit yeah. The half-tuck is this generations defining moment!

Are dey PSN games from cambridge?

Pimpwerx

I still have to get this game. It's not b/c it's exclusive, I just really liked the demo. The Nariko demo, not the Kai demo. I hope their next game has the same production levels. Ninja Theory had plans for HS on the 360, but I guess Sony bought the rights. Now both platforms can enjoy whatever they churn out next. PEACE.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
flarkminator said:
awesome, people won't have to pretend to like this one

I do like it :p and quite a bit actually. Not only because THE nAo worked on it ;). (seriously, that game kept me hooked during my whole playthrough: no it was not a 10.0 Super Mario Galaxy kind of AWESOME-WOWSOME but it was definately a AAA game for me).

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
pswii60 said:
I reckon Sony Cambridge will be doing HS2. I mean they pretty much did HS1 for Ninja Theory anyway.

Bullshit! Sony Cambridge just bigged up their involvement because they had no titles of their own in development and the last few games they did do were big ole flops.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Spank_Magnet said:
Bullshit! Sony Cambridge just bigged up their involvement because they had no titles of their own in development and the last few games they did do were big ole flops.

They really didn't.

_Angelus_

Banned
NinjaTheory's next game folks...not to be missed. Only now it'll come with that "plastic" looking effect thats been seen in PGR4.
:b

Well, I liked the crazy girl with bullet-time sequences mostly, but HS was mostly flash and style. Hopefully, the new game is more substantial.

BeeDog

Also liked HS, but I can see where those disliking the game come from. I wonder if going multiplat will help their cause, or fuck them in the ass (since they most likely won't get those big-ass fundings like they did before). Then again, I'm pretty oblivious to the studio's situation.

_Angelus_

Banned
I did like the game somewhat. But 20ish fps gameplay and constant screen tearing made my eyes hurt till I said enough.

Great cinematics, atmosphere,and villains though,highly entertaining in that department. Maybe someday this franchise will go the Bewulf theatrical route.

IzumiK

Banned
You know... it would make you seem more knowledgeable if you called them by their name.

Ninja Theory and not "Heavenly Sword Devs".

Interested to see what they will be putting up this time...hopefully it looks at least as good as HS, but I am not sure...please dont lisence UE3

CowGirl

Opus Angelorum said:
Well unless they are willing to spend an exorbitant amount of money creating their own engine, I think licensing UE3 is their only option at this time.

They already have a pretty kick ass PS3 engine.

Writing a 360 rendering engine isn't that hard, or that expensive.

CowGirl said:
They already have a pretty kick ass PS3 engine.

Writing a 360 rendering engine isn't that hard, or that expensive

I think it probably is if it is from the ground up and you actually want to make it good...maybe they can transfer code from their ps3 engine...if they own the rights to it that is...

The above vid is on pc...no xbox game looks in the same galaxy as that

Top Bottom