• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordCBH

I'll be in Senua tonight.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I know this was already shared. I just watched Mr Matty's take. And he said for the first 40 minutes all he did was push the left stick forward, hear it is time stamped:

This is why it’s good to experience things for yourself instead of relying on gaming personalities. I’m not even 40 minutes in and I’ve already fought like eight enemies, found a couple collectibles and had an amazing boss fight.

FunkMiller

I haven't played 2 yet, but the first Hellblade had more gameplay in 6-7 hours it took me to beat than the 20~ hours of Death Stranding before I uninstalled it.

Death Stranding has plenty of gameplay. It's just that it's inventory management gameplay, combined with terrain management gameplay. You might find that boring, but it's still there, over the course of a 50 plus hour long game with a fucked up storyline.

Mowcno

How come when I search "metacritic hellblade 2" in google it's the first result but when I search it on bing it doesn't show up even on the second page.

MS is weaponizing their search engine!

Matsuchezz

This is why it’s good to experience things for yourself instead of relying on gaming personalities. I’m not even 40 minutes in and I’ve already fought like eight enemies, found a couple collectibles and had an amazing boss fight.
WOW!! whole 8 enemies!! A couple of collectibles!! That is crazyness, And 1 amazin' boss fight!!
If the game has like 80+ enemies in total and more amazing boss fights this will be the GOTG.
...Not really your comment seems made up.

Ozriel

M$FT
How did the developers take a wide swing? By reviews, HB2 seems like the safest possible sequel Ninja Theory could have possibly made. Outside of amazing graphics, what does it do differently than its predecessor? The combat is somehow even shallower than HB1, linear level design, and repetitive puzzles

‘Wide swing’ here refers to the scores. 5/10 - 10/10 is quite the wide range. How wasn’t that clear, when the sentence started with ‘review aggregates’?

Whether the game is good or not, looking at the names of most of those reviewers / sites, I feel like this my is my first ever day on the internet, as I've never heard of most of these places / people.

Feels like all those "critic" websites should just have a pointless public pole at this point, because how can these "professional" reviewes mean anything if there is seemingly no bar to entry? Not that I would give any weight to just one source anyway or actually think gaming media is worth my time, but feels like anyone can just review it and add or subtract from the score that isn't the "user" score. Not sure why it stood out so badly to me this time.

kaizenkko

I really don't know why people are comparing Hellblade with Death Stranding. The last one have literally a lot o deeper gameplay mechanics and I don't even need to talk about story.

The only reason apparently is the exclusivity of both titles, but that war is over, we all now that eventually Hellblade 2 will raise on PS5. lol

Zheph

I really don't know why people are comparing Hellblade with Death Stranding. The last one have literally a lot o deeper gameplay mechanics and I don't even need to talk about story.
Quite embarrassing honestly, Death Stranding might not be for everyone but there are solid gameplay systems there

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
WOW!! whole 8 enemies!! A couple of collectibles!! That is crazyness, And 1 amazin' boss fight!!
If the game has like 80+ enemies in total and more amazing boss fights this will be the GOTG.
...Not really your comment seems made up.

It’s ok kiddo, you can get GamePass or wait for the game to come to PS5 and see for yourself, or keep believing hyperbole. Doesn’t matter to me.

Gambit2483

lol 😂 so now metacritic scores are aligned on games based on what other games are doing? Hellblade is not intended to be a character action game. I can argue the character action game NT did with dmc has more depth than stellar blade but that was 2 generations ago. This game is about mental health not about how man combos you can string together. If anything if more people saw it through that lens's instead of the way you’re viewing it should definitely rate higher than 83.
Never said it was the exact same game or same genre but it has puzzles, combat and a cinematic story and as far as the "game" part I can't see being anywhere near the level of Stellar Blade...but we'll see where the Metacritic ends up over the next several days.

Top Bottom