• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"In the land of Eunuchs, the One-Ball is king"

A 90+ for an Xbox exclusive isn't the same as 90+ for a PS exclusive.

The bar is a lot higher on Playstation.šŸ˜¶
That's not a phrase. Not one that makes sense anyway :messenger_tears_of_joy: Indulging it though, would eunuchs value one testicle if it was the land of Eunuchs? They would be seen as a freak, not a king... Like someone with six fingers.

Moving on. So if Xbox gets something 90+ it's not actually 90+ because reasons. Gotcha. Just like Xbox doesn't have any exclusives anyway because they release on PC. (this doesn't seem like anyone wants a fair fight to me...)

Still amusing to see how tortured some people feel by any sort of positivity towards Microsoft - it is truly, truly bizarre. Just live your lives...

Pelta88

Maybe youā€™re blind I guess? 40 minutes of walking when your own link shows puzzles and combat. Nothing more I can tell you.

Not embracing the walking talking sim at all, thereā€™s a difference between one every now and again versus nothing but. And itā€™s not a Sony or MS thing, as you can clearly see I also criticize Gears of War, which became too walking sim for my tastes as well.

Now I will stick to my word and stop replying to the clowns šŸ˜šŸ‘

1334683666_guy_does_repeated_backflips.gif

demigod

We get it, you claim to not be a fanboy yet try and compare a game where you press the analog stick up and a game where you literally connect an open world together with all sorts of traversal and combat mechanics

The pejorative ā€œwalking simulatorā€ only has actual meaning in the context of a game like HB2
Like I said, fake neutral.

Graphically the game looks great but the gameplay (if you can call it that) almost seems like an afterthought. I just watched a streamer go through a 10-minute sequence of running from yellow paint to yellow paint. There was also a combat portion that seemed to be more of a QTE than anything.

It's a shame because I used to love Ninja Theory's work (Enslaved is a forgotten gem, don't @ me), but I couldn't force myself to finish Hellblade 1 and this one doesn't look any better.

GHG GHG and Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping both choose violence. The difference is that one wakes up every day and bathes in senseless, but entertaining, bloodshed. Perfectly content in his depravity. The other, well, he prefers the long game. Carefully positioning his weapons and waiting for the perfect moment to utterly obliterate any fool that crossed his path. You may not love them, but you will respect them. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Fy5UkjO.jpeg

Yet she loved the first game so much she gave it 10/10 when it was excluded to Sony.

Itā€™s basically the same game but more eye candy, justā€¦

MrMattyPlays also loved the first and didnt like this one. Let me guess another Sony pony?

Is this the real HB2 game? Find ways to discredit anyone who doesn't think the game is good? The real puzzle HB2 was hiding all along.

ungalo

So far i find the game to be entertaining. Mostly thanks to the visuals though.

But as i feared, the story goes in the wrong direction. It even hurts the story of the first game in my opinion.

Everything that could be viewed as symbolic and linked to the personal struggle of Senua is now explained as part of this fantasy world and background.

To me they should not have made a second game.

Graphically the game looks great but the gameplay (if you can call it that) almost seems like an afterthought. I just watched a streamer go through a 10-minute sequence of running from yellow paint to yellow paint. There was also a combat portion that seemed to be more of a QTE than anything.

It's a shame because I used to love Ninja Theory's work (Enslaved is a forgotten gem, don't @ me), but I couldn't force myself to finish Hellblade 1 and this one doesn't look any better.
Revolutionary Revolutionary

Chuckling Patrick Stewart GIF by Golden Globes

Killjoy-NL

That's not a phrase. Not one that makes sense anyway :messenger_tears_of_joy: Indulging it though, would eunuchs value one testicle if it was the land of Eunuchs? They would be seen as a freak, not a king... Like someone with six fingers..
If you really want to go that route, in the land of the Eunuchs, only the one-ball is fertile.
Moving on. So if Xbox gets something 90+ it's not actually 90+ because reasons. Gotcha. Just like Xbox doesn't have any exclusives anyway because they release on PC. (this doesn't seem like anyone wants a fair fight to me...)

Still amusing to see how tortured some people feel by any sort of positivity towards Microsoft - it is truly, truly bizarre. Just live your lives...
No, it is still 90+. But like I said, different standards.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Damn 3+ hours of cutscenes? In a 5 hour ā€œgameā€? Sounds interactive and neat

Best part of this thread is that screenshot of that guy saying Bleeding Edge is amazing. Hahahahah

I donā€™t think they are cut scenes, more like areas where you just move the character while a scene plays out around you. Kind of like the original. I could be wrong though, Iā€™m only a couple hours in.

Blatant ass lie. LOL.

Brand ambassadors out here constantly cooking lies, on par for what the brand represents.

Luckily people have been kind enough to post walkthrough videos. They are not good at math but maybe youā€™ll fare better, friend.

I honestly think it's absurd that the average for this is in the 80s while something like The Order was shit on by critics. Amazing graphics, great story, yet all critics could talk about was the shallow gameplay and the full price/short length. Now this is acceptable for Hellblade 2? GTFO.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You know it's multiplat right ? So i dont even need to sub to game pass, it will save me giving 9$ to prove a point. Right ?

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ
You just love giving that money to Phil.

Phil Tax, either costs you a month of game pass or a purchase on PS5.

Yes of course, you are right. How could i be so dumb. Well, lesson is learned.
Thatā€™s an issue only you can work on. Maybe stopping the waste of money to look less like an idiot online (which you failed at miraculously) is a good start.

XXL

I've watched it, everyone else can see it. What you say is not there.

But I'm not surprised you have a warped view of reality considering you decided this game was going to be great back in 2019 despite stating you don't like this type of game in the very same breath.

RW9lPTp.jpeg

Thumbs up and smiley face right back at ya, glad you're now embracing the walking talking sim.
tonight show thumbs up GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Maddoxswe

Gold Member
You just love giving that money to Phil.

Phil Tax, either costs you a month of game pass or a purchase on PS5.

Thatā€™s an issue only you can work on. Maybe stopping the waste of money to look less like an idiot online (which you failed at miraculously) is a good start.
Yes master, what have i done trying to prove something to a green rat. I take it all back. And i will make a refund on my subscription just to make you happy.

Top Bottom