• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maddoxswe

It’s always good to learn from your failures. Unless your Microsoft. You double down and fail some more.
episode 2 jedi GIF by Star Wars

ungalo

It is, there are just 2 fights in the opening 40 minutes.
I'm not going to argue to defend the game pretending it's not an interactive movie with minimalistic gameplay anyway. It's just that at the start of the game you're on the slavers boat, it sinks then you fight several slavers on the shore, you fight 5 or 6 enemies then some kind of boss, it's all in the introduction.

Otherwise i really don't like the voices in Senua's head, i don't remember it was so lame in the first game. Their only purpose seems to be destroying any subtelty during the scenes.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Yes it is.

In over an hour, I fought three regular enemies and then the one guy who is captured. And then some demon(?) boss fight. Max five enemies in over an hour.

Every fight is the same except the boss fight which is only slightly different. Block two or three attacks from the enemy. Then attack them two or three times. Use heavy attack if they block your regular attacks. Repeat until you win.

More enemies to fight would not be a good thing. The combat is just boring. Less is more. That's the only good thing I can say about the combat thus far.

Last edited:

demigod

I've watched it, everyone else can see it. What you say is not there.

But I'm not surprised you have a warped view of reality considering you decided this game was going to be great back in 2019 despite stating you don't like this type of game in the very same breath.

RW9lPTp.jpeg

Thumbs up and smiley face right back at ya, glad you're now embracing the walking talking sim.
Holyshit he said Bleeding Edge was amazing, what an embarassment. Now we know who the real warrior is.

yazenov

Holyshit he said Bleeding Edge was amazing, what an embarassment. Now we know who the real warrior is.

As long as you slap a MS logo on it he'll love it. Even a turd.

Last edited:
This game costs more than other MS games on Steam Indian Store . It costs 4399 INR, while other recent games cost lesser, eg. GoT is 3999 INR and HD2 is 2499 INR. When did MS raise the prices of games on regional Steam stores? At that price, I do not know who is buying this 'game' in India.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: amc

Matsuchezz

Isn't turd lover another way to say green rat? Those guys love turds one after another, They first got: Red Fall and later they received another steamer and fatter one with Starfield. And they all rejoiced with its grandeur. Now they've received a shinier one but is a real stinker and they are all loving it.

Saber

Bleeding Edge is beyond ugly and atrocious. Blerg
If any person really like that you lost both credibility and brains cells.

Last edited:
Maybe you’re blind I guess? 40 minutes of walking when your own link shows puzzles and combat. Nothing more I can tell you.

Not embracing the walking talking sim at all, there’s a difference between one every now and again versus nothing but. And it’s not a Sony or MS thing, as you can clearly see I also criticize Gears of War, which became too walking sim for my tastes as well.

Now I will stick to my word and stop replying to the clowns 😁👍

The origin of caught red-handed dates back to 15th century Scotland.
At that time, it was very common for thieves to steal and kill other peoples’ livestock because it was easy to get away with the crime. It was almost impossible to prove unless the thief was actually caught in the act either with the animal or with the blood of the dead animal on his hands, hence the phrase “caught red-handed.”

PS : you're absolutely allowed to enjoy the game man, I don't think anyone's got a problem with that, you could do without the backpedalling and obvious bias though, that's all.

At least, you're just an enthusiast in a gaming forum which is OK - something which can't be said about 2-3 others in this forum which are literally paid shills (and strangely enough, absent from today's "drama"😉).

Last edited:

Calverz

Gold Member
At that time, it was very common for thieves to steal and kill other peoples’ livestock because it was easy to get away with the crime. It was almost impossible to prove unless the thief was actually caught in the act either with the animal or with the blood of the dead animal on his hands, hence the phrase “caught red-handed.”

PS : you're absolutely allowed to enjoy the game man, I don't think anyone's got a problem with that, you could do without the backpedalling and obvious bias though, that's all.

At least, you're just an enthusiast in a gaming forum which is OK - something which can't be said about 2-3 others in this forum which are literally paid shills (and strangely enough, absent from today's "drama"😉).
braveheart GIF

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford is in this thread.

Or did you mean only green rat shills?

Last edited:
Played for an hour and didn’t want to continue. Already deleted from hard drive.

Amazing presentation and environment but much of the gameplay is simply pushing forward with the left stick.

Oh well, I gotta polish my Elden Ring character anyway.

The game is FUCKING GORGEOUS, but holy shit it can be boring at times. I legit held the left stick forward for 5 minutes in one section with nothing happening. I give it a 7.5/10, it is not a bad game at all, and it is visually stunning. However, it is the type of game I play once and never more. Good thing it is on Game Pass.

Gambit2483

That actually goes to Death Stranding, because there is actual mechanics behind traversal in Death Stranding instead of just pushing analog stick forward.
So then it's not a walking simulator then...?

Edit: there are even multiple vehicles in Death Stranding...where you actually build streets and highways...

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Banned
The game is FUCKING GORGEOUS, but holy shit it can be boring at times. I legit held the left stick forward for 5 minutes in one section with nothing happening. I give it a 7.5/10, it is not a bad game at all, and it is visually stunning. However, it is the type of game I play once and never more. Good thing it is on Game Pass.

This is why I refuse to play this game until I can take an edible. All that walking filler is incredibly boring, but do it after the edible? All those voices and visuals enhance the experience and get me through the low points. I'm about 90% sure I wouldn't have liked the first Hellblade if I didn't take anything prior to playing.

At that time, it was very common for thieves to steal and kill other peoples’ livestock because it was easy to get away with the crime. It was almost impossible to prove unless the thief was actually caught in the act either with the animal or with the blood of the dead animal on his hands, hence the phrase “caught red-handed.”...
thanks for making dropping into this thread worth it...

The video you posted literally shows numerous fights, puzzles, and a boss fight in the first 40 minutes. So thanks for proving me right I guess?

And what a stupid ass comment anyway. “uh yeah outside of the stuff that isn’t walking, it’s all walking”

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

But hey, keep hating on a game you aren’t even playing. Not going to bother responding to you clowns anymore 😁👍
Playing a game isn't a prerequisite for critiquing it, as much as you wish it was.
And why would someone want to play a game if previews and prerelease videos didn't show it to be interesting or appealing to them at all?

Go_Ly_Dow

If this is the kind of game Microsoft expects to drive consumers to Xbox, they are sorely mistaken.

Now give it 6 months or less until they close down Ninja Theory. That's sadly my expectation because I don't think they'll keep a studio open which takes over 5 years to develop a single short game which is critically not setting the industry alight and commercially probably muted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom