• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kilau

Gold Member
fr2lJGC.jpeg

acbvaSD.jpeg

Connxtion

If a game has shitty gameplay then that should be part of the review. You really think it should be ignored?

Where is her review of the first game? She didn't review it for Gamespot. That was someone else.
Yeah my mistake, something in X and then her saying she would have given it a higher score if she could etc…

Should have checked the article myself.

CosmicComet

I will likely never play this game, even if it ports to PS5.

But God dang does it look beautiful. Easily the most beautiful first party game that has been released from either of the three. No close contender.

Doesn't matter if it's a tiny play area with near zero interactivity, I just mean straight visuals, its untouched.

The first 30 minutes or so cover it.

Jaded Jeff disliked it - lots of holding up on the controller, said what's there of the combat is really bad, mindless and empty. But no surprises here, it's rare that he likes anything these days.

things are breaking down faster than I thought....

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Jaded Jeff disliked it - lots of holding up on the controller, said what's there of the combat is really bad, mindless and empty. But no surprises here, it's rare that he likes anything these days.

Gerstmann not liking something in 2024 is as expected as Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping sniffing his own farts.

ezgif-4-6fae82504a.gif

I will likely never play this game, even if it ports to PS5.

But God dang does it look beautiful. Easily the most beautiful first party game that has been released from either of the three. No close contender.

Doesn't matter if it's a tiny play area with near zero interactivity, I just mean straight visuals, its untouched.

You ain't wrong. Check out the Screenshots thread for some eye candy.

DavidGzz

This game is not for me, but to the majority of people on this thread I have to ask… can you show me on the doll where Microsoft touched you? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I thought the cicadas were annoying when I was trying to sleep today. Nothing compared to the haters in this thread who can't help to post about a genre of game that isn't for them on a console they don't even own. Go post about things you do like or have interests in. I guess ACG and Yongyea are also paid by MS because they both gave the game good reviews for the type of game it is. If it isn't for you, why post 3-50 times in this thread? Go do something productive.

Lol he hates anything by Naughty Gods as well.
Would be straight up miracle if he liked Hellblade.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Story was great gunplay was decent bosses sucked but overall narrative made up for it.

Still top 3 graphics last gen despite being launch-ish
Are you fucking kidding me!? I couldn't fucking choose what gun I can use and story about hunting monsters you barely fight monsters, you mostly fight other people fight with guns.

Let me remind you this game came out same fucking year as Bloodborne which you play as proper hunter fighting actual monsters.

Games like Order made for graphics whores who want to drool over pixels and nothing else.

gow3isben

Are you fucking kidding me!? I couldn't fucking choose what gun I can use and story about hunting monsters you barely fight monsters, you mostly fight other people fight with guns.

Let me remind you this game came out same fucking year as Bloodborne which you play as proper hunter fighting actual monsters.

Games like Order made for graphics whores who want to drool over pixels and nothing else.

I disrespectfully disagree

ungalo

Whether it's The Order, Ryse or Hellblade 2 they're not helping redeem linear games. If you want to advocate for them by praising tight game design, density of gameplay loop, replayability or even good story, you should bury all these games deep underground and stop talking about it.

I kind of like Ryse but just because i played it for free, combats were absolute garbage that's for sure.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
... and story about hunting monsters you barely fight monsters, you mostly fight other people fight with guns.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him. Drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Top Bottom