• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 pre-orders are up on both PSN and Steam | $40 for the Standard Edition and $60 for the Super Citizen Edition

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's funny that the same people complained for years that Sony only makes single-player "one and done" games 😛

Gonna preorder the $60 one indeed. Seems so much fun with a proper team! Hope to have some SP missions in future updates or day one.

y9uy6d611bob1.jpg

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
These subs have conditioned people into believing $40 is now expensive.

It could be totally F2P, but it won't be a game most would enjoy due to insane MTX. Money has to come from somewhere, unless they have a huge team behind it and go for the long term ROI like Fortnite and other successful F2P games. I do expect it to go F2P-ish in a year or 2 and be permanently available like Destiny 2 base game after they launch new seasons.

Last edited:

Luipadre

I want to see a footage of this game that doesnt run at 20 fps. Those earlier trailers looked awful. Is this gonna run like ass on PS5? Could be fun on PC, we'll see. Hopefully we'll get a SoP focusing on this game (and a DS2 trailer ofc :p )

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I don't understand why people expected this to be free to play or given for free through PS+.
The price is fair imo.
Because Capcom, after a string of hits, launched Exoprimal a f2p looking game but charged full price for it - and it didn't go over well. This middle ground pricing will be interesting.

Need to see actual gameplay from a ps5 on performance mode, but Im very interested because of the nostalgia I get of Starship Troopers.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Unfortunately $40+, with likely limited content and player base, for a game that’ll be dead within a month, in a busy month of games, is a recipe for failure.

CamHostage

Since this was bumped... I'm still surprised this didn't make it out in 2023. I feel like I've been hearing of this game coming out for several years (and before it was announced, its existence was leaked a long time prior and some guessed it might be stealth-released once it actually was announced.)

Hope it's good when it does come out, at least... I'm not going to be able to play this one on my Vita like the previous game, but I'm still looking forward to finally seeing people play a new form of Helldivers.

Top Bottom