• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games Sean Murray will be on the Late Show with Colbert next week demoing NMS

daveo42

Banned
Looking even better. Seems like they may have worked around the pop in too, unless that was just some fancy foot work by Sean.

We all can't wait Stephen lol.

I love how he opened with asking about the release date with "so you know it right since you're on my show?" lol

Haunted

Imagining the wonders that lurk behind each and every one of these stars every time he just zooms through that galactic map, with so many fucking dots just zipping by...

Yes, it really is awe-inspiring.

Great little snippet.

That pull out to see the universe gets me every time, I swear.

Me too man!

So it's confirmed that there will be multiplayer (for the curious people) and Colberts question threw him off initially. Dammit, I can't wait until I get to Colbert Prime now. I wonder who will be the first person to get there lol.

First confirmation that actual multiplayer exists in the game? Colbert asked if we would run into other players and Sean said yes, but that it'd be rare.

I havent been following the game super closely, but I was under the assumption that the only "social" aspect was seeing what people named stuff and who found what first.

This is good to hear

Need this game now.

lhjhbB9.gif

Perfection.

Frostav

Banned
You know what's really amazing about this game?

The fact that in a gaming industry where loading screens LOD fading in are taken for granted, here we have a game where you can warp to a planet that dwarfs GTAV or Skyrim and it loads in nearly instantly. Incredible.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Any chance to get the game to a wider set of eyes is good publicity.
Only if there's actually any long lasting effect. Do you really think a significant percentage who didn't already know about it will even remember this interview 6 months from now?

There's a reason actors wait until a movie is about to be released before going on these shows. How often do you see them hyping some movie with no release in sight?

Gorillaz

I don't think it was a waste of an opportunity, but this was the time to give people a release window or season. Saying Spring or Summer of whatever would have done wonders for people who just realized this was a thing

It can come off as a "this will be out months/years down the line" to people...then again. Who knows?

tuxfool

Banned
You know what's really amazing about this game?

The fact that in a gaming industry where loading screens LOD fading in are taken for granted, here we have a game where you can warp to a planet that dwarfs GTAV or Skyrim and it loads in nearly instantly. Incredible.
The draw distances are really small. You can see the geometry fading in before your eyes.

Come on, 50% of GAF won't play it because it's an indie game, they didn't need to announce a date it's not going to have high mainstream appeal, just show it as an interesting development in tech/gaming.

I thought it was a really good showing, and probably a lot more curated than the real experience.

K.Sabot

Beyond all what they've shown, they're either slagging on even more ambition or something has gone horribly wrong behind the scenes for us not to know a date at this point.

schaft0620

Beyond all what they've shown, they're either slagging on even more ambition or something has gone horribly wrong behind the scenes for us not to know a date at this point.

I'm telling you the only thing that makes any sense is it's a VR launch title.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Murray and Colbert did pretty great demoing it.

Even more people know about it now so that's a good thing at least.
Right, that's why actors always go on talk shows months in advance of their movies, just to gain the awareness of people who will forget about it in a couple weeks... Oh wait... they don't.

It has to be coming within the next couple months, it wouldn't make any sense to put it on Colbert otherwise.

Edit: Though who even knows anymore. I remember that Morpheus demo on Fallon over a year ago, god knows what purpose that could have possibly served.

Pop

Well Hello Games has three appearances this month, so we have two more shots at hearing something about the release date.

I still think the date is being held back by Sony.

schaft0620

It's not even a PS exclusive. The devs trying to get a same day/date for PS4 and PC would be a more sensible reason for no announcement.

So you think that bugs in the PC version of the game are the reason why Sean knows the release date but won't say? Same reason why they won't announc even the delay?

Melech

Right, that's why actors always go on talk shows months in advance of their movies, just to gain the awareness of people who will forget about it in a couple weeks... Oh wait... they don't.

He was on advertising his thing with the New Yorker for tomorrow. That was why he was on it primarily. Hopefully he gained some new interest in the game and they will show up tomorrow and/or follow the game in the future, but the demo tomorrow is the real reason.

Top Bottom