• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Ladies - A mortifying, hilarious, melancholy cringe comedy - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden

Banned
Thats cool i really liked this show. Too bad we wont get a 2nd season then? Or maybe if this special/movie does well?

So mad this was canceled.way funnier than derek as well. It really needed another season,shame people have such bad taste and it didn't do well.

Had no idea this was happening! I loved this series and was really bummed when it got canned. I'm glad that we'll at least be able to get a bit more of an actual ending to the story. HBO seems like a bunch of good people, canceling a show but giving them the opportunity to wrap their story with a move.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Had no idea this was happening! I loved this series and was really bummed when it got canned. I'm glad that we'll at least be able to get a bit more of an actual ending to the story. HBO seems like a bunch of good people, canceling a show but giving them the opportunity to wrap their story with a move.
Honestly, the fact that they're wrapping up this show properly makes me more likely to start watching new shows by them, instead of waiting for shows to wrap up first.

This is great. Loved this show. Very happy to see it's getting proper closure.

This show and You're the Worst are two of my favorite comedies of the past couple of years. Hoping that You're the Worst doesn't suffer the same fate as Hello Ladies - but at least that got renewed for a second season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO seems like a bunch of good people, canceling a show but giving them the opportunity to wrap their story with a move.

They've been doing this for a few years now - giving shows either a final season (Treme, Eastbound & Down, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Big Love, The Newsroom) or a special/film (Life's Too Short, Entourage, Hello Ladies) to wrap things up with. It's pretty nice and more and more channels (AMC, FX, Showtime, Netflix) are following suit.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I didn't realize they were doing this. I'll be watching.

Is there hope for Enlightened or was that closing episode . . . as good as we're going to get.

markot

Banned
They've been doing this for a few years now - giving shows either a final season (Treme, Eastbound & Down, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Big Love, The Newsroom) or a special/film (Life's Too Short, Entourage, Hello Ladies) to wrap things up with. It's pretty nice and more and more channels (AMC, FX, Showtime, Netflix) are following suit.

Lifes too short simply followed the pattern Gervais and Merchant were using for all their series. 2 series and a 2 part special. Office, Extras, lifes too short...

iuxion

Lifes too short simply followed the pattern Gervais and Merchant were using for all their series. 2 series and a 2 part special. Office, Extras, lifes too short...

There was only one season of Life's Too Short, unless I'm mistaken.

Gray Matter

This show must really have a niche audience because I never heard of the movie until right now.

Sucks it won't get a second season, I enjoyed watching this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom