• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Swag

Eh Phandom Raviolis checking in, Movin like Bernie through the hard DC streets, feel me.

Perusing through the dota 2 thread just meandering about and shit, on that college english tip, Britain dudes dont know shit bout that meandering.

Just like to say that OC old av will neber be topped, someone tell this dude Freezm he still catching major L's and his Lich prolly still hella ass.

fck I dont even know where to begin, so I just won't, bout to consume this chicken al fredo I made last night with some grape juice, drunken snack of champs.

eh yo can sumone splain to me why Archie on Valve nuts like they paying his child support, dude stays pimpin those dudes shits like they gold man, mediocre ass jokes.

come at me Tre3 ]/spoiler]

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think that was supposed to be some kind of verse.

bzm

Eh Phandom Raviolis checking in, Movin like Bernie through the hard DC streets, feel me.

Perusing through the dota 2 thread just meandering about and shit, on that college english tip, Britain dudes dont know shit bout that meandering.

Just like to say that OC old av will neber be topped, someone tell this dude Freezm he still catching major L's and his Lich prolly still hella ass.

fck I dont even know where to begin, so I just won't, bout to consume this chicken al fredo I made last night with some grape juice, drunken snack of champs.

eh yo can sumone splain to me why Archie on Valve nuts like they paying his child support, dude stays pimpin those dudes shits like they gold man, mediocre ass jokes.

come at me Tre3 ]/spoiler]
60% win on multiple accounts get mad

Haly

my avatar is more qt than any shitty k-pop idol

I know this thread is almost dead, but what are some of the more broken lane combos, in your opinion? A friend and myself have been using Panda + Amun Ra pretty effectively. Around a 95-100% win rate when we do it. Seems everyone in the 1400-1500 brackets just get blindsided by it and rage quit after awhile.

IceMarker

I know this thread is almost dead, but what are some of the more broken lane combos, in your opinion? A friend and myself have been using Panda + Amun Ra pretty effectively. Around a 95-100% win rate when we do it. Seems everyone in the 1400-1500 brackets just get blindsided by it and rage quit after awhile.

Agreed that any 1.5s or longer stun plus Amun-Ra is still a really strong combo.

Phandy

A friend and I use to run Myrmidon and Devourer for jokes. Worked wonders at 1500mmr.
At level 2 you can:
Stun - hook - stun - rot - gg.

Madouu

Loremeister lolol

Neeeeew shiny items yay

- Added 5 new items: Lightbrand, Searing Light, Frozen Light, Grimoire of Power, and Dawnbringer

- Lightbrand
* Recipe: Neophytes Book (1000g) + Apprentice's Robe (450g) + Light Brand Recipe (750g) - Total Cost 2200g
* Applies Burning in a 200 radius on attack for 3 seconds which deals 8 Magic Damage per second. Stacks up to 3 times.
* +16 Intelligence
* +3 Mana Regeneration

- Searing Light
* Recipe: Lightbrand (2200g) + Firebrand (2200g) - Total Cost 4400g
* Applies Burning in a 200 radius on attack for 3 seconds which deals 12 Magic Damage per second. Stacks up to 3 times.
* +16 Agility
* +16 Intelligence
* +14% Movement Speed
* +20 Attack Speed
* +5 Mana Regeneration

- Frozen Light
* Recipe: Lightbrand (2200g) + Icebrand (2200g) - Total Cost 4400g
* On attack applies Chilled to target which slows movement speed by 3% per charge for 3.5 seconds if wielded by a melee hero, or 2 seconds if wielded by a ranged hero. Adds one charge per application. Maximum of 3 charges.
* Applies Burning in a 200 radius on attack for 3 seconds which deals 12 Magic Damage per second. Stacks up to 3 times.
* +16 Strength
* +16 Intelligence
* +10 Damage
* +5 Mana Regeneration

- Grimoire of Power
* This book holds the wisdom of the ancients. Within its pages are multiple means to power, by both vice and virtue. Ancient formulas to unlock the secrets of man and demon are encrypted within its pages for those who dare to release it from within the Blessed Orb.
* Recipe: Lightbrand (2200g) + Blessed Orb (2100g) + Grimoire of Power Recipe (700g) - Total Cost 5000g
* Passively increases all damage done by you by 15%. Applies Burning on attack for 3 seconds which deals 40 Magic Damage per second to target and 200 radius around it. Does not stack.
* +10 Strength
* +10 Agility
* +26 Intelligence
* +4 Mana Regeneration

- Dawnbringer
* Recipe: Lightbrand (2200g) + Frostbrand (2200g) + Firebrand (2200g) - Total Cost 6600g
* On attack applies Chilled to target which slows movement speed by 3% percharge for 3.5 seconds if wielded by a melee hero, or 2 seconds if wielded by a ranged hero. Adds one charge per application. Maximum of 3 charges.
* Applies Burning in a 200 radius on attack for 3 seconds which deals 16 Magic Damage per second. Stacks up to 3 times.
* +18 Strength
* +18 Agility
* +18 Intelligence
* +15 Damage
* +16% Movespeed
* +25 Attack Speed
* +6 Mana Regeneration

And more importantly, years after it was made:

- Added New Announcer Pack: Seductive Pack
* Designed by HoN community member Sell..bringing Sexy Back into HoN one announcer at a time!
* Releases on 10/17/2012

New items seem pretty good, messed around with them yesterday. Lightbrand seems pretty awesome on any Int Right Click hero

Anyone here still watch the competitive HoN Scene? Been enjoying watching the Returners (Brized, Testie, Ensoe, Jeppins & Fittske) games lately, seem to be really gelling as a team after a few really poor games

Madouu

Yeah that's a bunch of pretty good players but they still need quite a few games at the highest level to be competitive on a regular basis.

Brized is starting to get the hang of lockpick, and I can't wait for the fanboy meltdown when the inevitable Moon vs Testie happens.

Yeah that's a bunch of pretty good players but they still need quite a few games at the highest level to be competitive on a regular basis.

Brized is starting to get the hang of lockpick, and I can't wait for the fanboy meltdown when the inevitable Moon vs Testie happens.

Seeing them against TTeS really made me feel like they have a lot of potential. Disappointed Tarano dropped out would have loved to see him on the competitive HoN scene again

That'll be a good one, I'd say Complexity would win it, they're pretty untouchable at the moment, but more of a fan of Testie so hopefully Returners get an upset

bzm

Seeing them against TTeS really made me feel like they have a lot of potential. Disappointed Tarano dropped out would have loved to see him on the competitive HoN scene again

That'll be a good one, I'd say Complexity would win it, they're pretty untouchable at the moment, but more of a fan of Testie so hopefully Returners get an upset

Whoawhoawhoa, deets?
Do you know where hes going? I would love to see him make a dota team with fuji, warden,
rycho

Whoawhoawhoa, deets?
Do you know where hes going? I would love to see him make a dota team with fuji, warden,
rycho

Last I heard Tarano has been playing DOTA 2 almost exclusively not sure if competitively, and then a couple of weeks ago Brized and Testie asked him if he'd be willing to play HoN with them, and after a couple of scrims he decided he didn't like HoN anymore and dropped from the team.

Sad he left though he wasn't awful in the scrims really out of practice but he wasn't as bad as Trixi was when he came back to HoN for a while a couple of months ago

Haly

I'm pretty sure ChairGAF is still playing pandacraft. Unless they moved on already??

bzm

Last I heard Tarano has been playing DOTA 2 almost exclusively not sure if competitively, and then a couple of weeks ago Brized and Testie asked him if he'd be willing to play HoN with them, and after a couple of scrims he decided he didn't like HoN anymore and dropped from the team.

Sad he left though he wasn't awful in the scrims really out of practice but he wasn't as bad as Trixi was when he came back to HoN for a while a couple of months ago

Not surprising considering he was the best player hon ever saw. Honorable mentions to se`busca and h4nn1 though.

edit: Just took a peek at card's stream and saw tarano playing, so I think hes into dota2 for sure, then.

Swag

I don't know whether to be offended that came from South Africa or relieved that today is the first time I've seen it.

Top Bottom