• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Valygar

I've tried Myrmydon as an easy champ. I like it even more than Witch Slayer! It's very easy to do a combo, and you are not easy to take down. I did a fair game, with a score about 5/4/8 or something like that, but after the match "Failed to retrieve game statistics", so now I can't replay it and I didn't earn coins or experience :( .

Does that kind of thing happen often? It's very annoying.

Lyphen said:
I can't play without hero guides, and they're all bugging out for me. :(

When that happened to me, quitting the game and starting it again solved it.

By the way, I'm Duerukosu in HoN, and I already joined the gaf channel.

Guesong

Valygar said:
I've tried Myrmydon as an easy champ. I like it even more than Witch Slayer! It's very easy to do a combo, and you are not easy to take down. I did a fair game, with a score about 5/4/8 or something like that, but after the match "Failed to retrieve game statistics", so now I can't replay it and I didn't earn coins or experience :( .

Does that kind of thing happen often? It's very annoying.

Replays might not be immediately available once a game ends ; but in my experience they always appears the day after at the very latest. Check again tonight, it should be there.

TUSR

Banned
Guesong said:
Replays might not be immediately available once a game ends ; but in my experience they always appears the day after at the very latest. Check again tonight, it should be there.
If you fail to receive it but you played the game and it ended normally, there is one way to check if it counted.

Know your PSR beforehand, or you can check your profile after fetching your stats, your PSR will not have deviated from these values after playing a game.

The trick is, hit the play game button on normal mode, and on the left side where it says your PSR in that first box below checking off if you wanted to played with validated or whatever people. That box will show your current up-to-date PSR regardless.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Rhapsody is pretty good, played some random nostats and went something like 9/1/13, Staccato is so awesome for chasing down people or escaping. Seems like her W and Blood Chalice lets you farm pretty easily.

delirium

Guesong said:
IIRC, games aren't technically ended until a throne is destroyed. So when a side concedes, the winning side gets megacreeps which take a minute or two to finish the game. So the server doesn't finish recording the replay until that happens.

Sanjay

Team match making just got real on Gaf :O
of8pzt.png

nara

Banned
This is what gaf in house should be like. Unexpected allies and enemies in the same league. So fun. We had one similar not too long ago.

Guesong

azuki said:
This is what gaf in house should be like. Unexpected allies and enemies in the same league. So fun. We had one similar not too long ago.

Actually this is what inhouses should be like.

Single Draft.

But free players, and such.......why did S2Games had to make it such a bother =/

Card Boy

Banned
NukeDukem said:
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l558/NukeDukem/hon/thatssodota.gif[/IMG

5 more days[/QUOTE]

This has already happened to LoL for me. I don't think i will ever touch that Disneyland garbage again.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You know, considering the number of bugs in these patches, maybe releasing just before the weekend when your wokforce is at home and the playerbase skyrockets isn't the best idea.

Guesong

GGs Gaffers.

Man I gotta find a way to up my GPM, it's horrible. Guess I need to jungle more.

Better to have jungled and died to a gank than to have never jungled at all, I suppose.

Valygar

First match I'm proud of, gaf!

344zdsn.jpg

(I'm Duerukosu). Plague Rider is truly a noob hero. Tempest was the MVP of the match, when he pop his ulti I followed and... massacre. It still bugs me that I'm usually the player with less matches but I'm always the only one buying wards :s

I have even started to use the activation of some items! I might even play this after DOTA2, who knows.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
He's gonna watch next week's tournament over and over until DOTA2's fall/winter release instead of playing games.

MrKnives

This is my first time ever posting in LoL or HoN thread so don't crucify me if it's a touchy subject but is every LoL and HoN player just going to switch to Dota 2 when it comes out?

I played a lot of Dota with my friend but I have never touched LoL or HoN but I'm going to get Dota 2 so I was just curious.

Guesong

From the way people are talking, you'd think so.

I'm personally waiting till we get further information about it to make a decision ; but, you gotta admit that since it's backed up by Valve, the player pool is most likely gonna be much bigger while HoN and LoL's is gonna shrink. As such, this will probably push people over DotA2 and lead to the dismise of HoN and LoL in time.

Volodja

Just created an account and downloaded the game to prepare for DotA 2.
My experiences with MOBA games (aside from maybe 1 or 2 games of DotA in 2003/2004 but I can't say that for sure, there were many heroes custom maps and I had no clue) are limited to playing DemiGod until I decided that the connection problems were too big and to 3/4 games of LoL and a few spectated matches with helpful commentary even if mostly champion specific, but still good enough to understand the basic principles about laning, jungling, the different roles champions can cover and a few other things that seem to be pretty much universal for the DotA-like titles.

As expected I'm slightly intimidated by the community and especially by my complete lack of knowledge about champions, skills and items. I don't really want to weight much on some poor random dudes that just happened to have me on their team.
I'll join the NeoGAF channel and hope for the best.

bzm

dommynick said:
i'll probably do like 80% dota2 and 20% hon.
Pretty much this, but i might have to say more like 20% hon 20% dota2 60% LEAGUE
-
Volodja said:
As expected I'm slightly intimidated by the community and especially by my complete lack of knowledge about champions, skills and items. I don't really want to weight much on some poor random dudes that just happened to have me on their team.
I'll join the NeoGAF channel and hope for the best.
Since accounts are free now, no one really cares about feeders/noobs in <=1500 games

Card Boy

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
*start AP game*
*click Rhapsody*
*Buy this hero! screen pops up*
*realize I'm on my Basic account*
:(

Excuse my bad shop skills

FhC6Z.png

Feels good man never having to worry about buying heroes.

Insured

MrMister said:
Treating me like shit when all I want is some goddamn help and maybe some advice.
I don't know what happened here, but personally I'm not playing inhouses for a good while. The last game was something beyond terrible, and I prefer even solo MM to that. Had to close mumble mid game. People acting like preteens is exactly what I'd want to avoid when I'm gonna play GAF games. Take from this what you will, just some people aren't thinking before acting, and I don't have a very high tolerance level -_-

Top Bottom