• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Ruin Screenshots (3DS, Square-Enix/N-Space, Early 2012) [Update: Teaser]

GJS

Effect said:
Is there any off camera footage of this game from E3? Was it even there?
It was playable at the Square booth and at the Nintendo booth where all of the other 3DS gameplay videos were recorded, yet it seems that no one has recorded any gameplay for Heroes of Ruin.

This seems to be as close as we will get:
ykzaW.jpg

oS9w8.jpg

Effect

Crazy that no footage of this being played has surfaced. Wonder if SE didn't allow it. Have they let their games be filmed before when it comes to E3?

Sianos

Hm, this seems interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes on this, I love me some dungeon crawlers. <3

On the subject of the magical N64, I'm willing to bet even in the distant future of the PS7, at the first sight of a muddy texture at least one person will cry "LOOKS LIKE AN N64 GAME".

they are releasing a limited edition for an N-Space game? nice!

seems SE is pouring some faith in 3DS; first TheateRhythm and now a limited edition 3DS for Heroes of Ruin? KH3D isn't cancelled as well, lol.

Princess Skittles said:
Details of the LE for those of us at work?
"To be in with a chance of winning this truly one-of-a-kind system all you have to do is register as a member of the site and fill in the entry form by the 31st July 2011. We will select one lucky person at random and notify them by email within 10 days of the giveaway closing date."

GeekyDad

NSQuote said:
Hm, this seems interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes on this, I love me some dungeon crawlers. <3

On the subject of the magical N64, I'm willing to bet even in the distant future of the PS7, at the first sight of a muddy texture at least one person will cry "LOOKS LIKE AN N64 GAME".

Ha, ha, yeah...

I think some folks need to go back and remind themselves what most N64 games look like. Sure, the polygon count might not be too far off, but comparing games side by side makes a world of difference. Besides, I thought it was the hive mind's consensus that "graphics don't matter." :p

Cygnus X-1

Shiggy said:
Their DS games sold pretty well, didn't they?

I suppose that bringing all the COD on DS was quite easy and it guaranteed decent sales at worst.

I never liked their results though.

Cygnus X-1

Ragus said:
I know that this is an old topic, but there is a new trailer. This time with gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URDLg6LDNE

Hell, it looks nice. Definitely on my buying list.

Yeah....but it's DS-graphics with a bit more. It's too generic. The monster, the environments, the characters are utterly classic style. In principle this is not a bad thing, but everything still looks to rough and unpolished...

Again, it looks very n-Space.

Played this at PAX for a few minutes because there were no lines for it. 3D looked good, but even with it off the framerate was choppy :( It's a shame because I liked what I played of it. I think there's like, drop in multiplayer? The SE guy was trying to log in with me or something and did so twice, but then dropped out. I didn't really know what was up.

In terms of features and concept, the game sounds like a must-buy. I just hope that they get all of the technical details ironed out before release. They have quite a bit of time so I'm hopeful that they will, but it's definitely one where I'll be taking a wait-and-see approach.

Boerseun

Banned
The new screens look great! And with the huge amount of weapon and armour variations this game sounds simply loot-tastic!

Cygnus X-1 said:
First N-Space game who is not going to bomb?

They havn't managed to stay in business this long by making bombs.

PigSpeakers said:
Played this at PAX for a few minutes because there were no lines for it. 3D looked good, but even with it off the framerate was choppy :( It's a shame because I liked what I played of it. I think there's like, drop in multiplayer? The SE guy was trying to log in with me or something and did so twice, but then dropped out. I didn't really know what was up.
The game is still close to seven months out.

Top Bottom