• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey guys how you carry your keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wear skinny jeans but my keys are always stabbing the shit out of me.

I fear if I started clipping them to a belt loop the wife will make fun of me mercilessly.

Morts

Front left pants pocket.

If you have your keys dangling from your belt so that they jingle while you walk a lot of people hate you.

d00d3n

Front left pocket along with wallet. Mobile phone and earbuds are in the front right pocket. Back pockets are in disuse.

HylianTom

Banned
They're not too bulky, so my front pocket is fine. If not there, they're in the front pouch of my backpack.

A8863A47-0B73-44AC-84DB-B2B046D8A1F5.jpg

psylah

Here's a pro tip:

If you use a carabiner, use two, with the openings facing in opposite directions.

The keys can't come off of both carabiners at the same time due to them accidentally opening.

Back right pocket or in my hand when I have to sit. Front pocket is inefficient cause I'll bring reaching for my phone and wallet more often than my keys.

And unless you're doing cartwheels or something I don't think you're at risk of them falling out.

Yah but I'm like 24 still

These are neat but my car key wouldn't fit and that's like a 1/3rd of my keys

If you have triple that amount of keys, how many do you actually use regularly? I have a separate "non-essential" keychain that doesn't need to go with me everywhere.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Couple of keyrings in my from left jeans pocket. If I have a big coat on I'll probably put them in a pocket there to get them out of the way, same if I have a backpack or something.

Never hook shit onto your belt loops.
EDIT: Actually scrap that, festival or gig or something like that by all means keep everything attached t you.

Ultima_5

Mark my words, you will look back with regret and horror at the fact that you wore jeans so tight they hurt.

*shakes fist at passing cloud*

They're not that tight. Most are made now a days to mostly be skinny in the calf area so they're deceivingly skinny.

If you have triple that amount of keys, how many do you actually use regularly? I have a separate "non-essential" keychain that doesn't need to go with me everywhere.

Apartment key, mail box, car

Alavard

Jacket pocket.

For few months of the year when it's too warm here for a jacket (Ontario, Canada), they sit in my back pocket while out walking, and I set them down on my desk when in the office.

inki

I have more "discount" cards than keys. My car has a keyfob (push button start). I just put them in my front right pocket. I used to use a carabiner however I don't want to rip any fabric in my car, office chair, etc (which does happen).

Rootbeer

Banned
in my backpack usually. i don't like carrying them in my pockets for very long.

My keychain consists of house key, mailbox key, thumbdrive and a small star wars keychain i got at the Dec 18th premiere of TFA. Keep it simple and light.

judhudson

Wallet - front pocket. Phone - Other front pocket. Keys - back pocket. Works well for me, and I dont feel them when I sit and they dont poke me.

andycapps

Carabiner until I get to work, then I put them in jacket pocket. Keys tend to leave marks in dress pants and jeans that I wear. Don't like that.

Strax

This sounds incredibly inconvenient unless you want to accidentally break your phone or are left handed. .

I'm not left handed. Before I had a cellphone my keys were in my right pocket so I put my first phone in the left pocket and its been like that for the last 15 years.

kavanf1

What sort of governing body issues that key ring? Is it a once a year vote or do you get to keep it till a better dad comes along?
Regulatory control is notoriously weak around the distribution and allocation of "World's Greatest Dad" branded material. Aside from the obvious contradictory issue that there can be only one Greatest Dad in the world at any one time yet the materials containing these slogans are mass-produced, there is not even a baseline standard by which the criteria for World's Greatest Dad can be assessed. Until NATO convenes in spring to discuss introducing tighter controls around this area, I strongly urge anyone who witnesses people displaying World's Greatest Dad paraphernalia to resist congratulating them - they could well be faking it.

There is a petition on change.org requesting that the branding be amended to "Reasonably Good Dad" until this mess can be sorted out.

VAD

Back pocket. I would put them elsewhere if I wasn't afraid of losing them, it reassures me to be able to check they are still with me with a simple touch.

Zona

Keying with a small clip hooked on the front right belt loop. My cars clicker gets tucked into my pocket to prevent them from swinging around and jingling. All the keys are in size order and pointing the same direction, because it bothers me if there not.

nillah

Banned
003MRD_Randall_Duk_Kim_003.jpg

I suggest you place your key around your neck on a lanyard, safest place so you don't lose them. I have one of those retractable key things that people associate with Bic lighters and tend to misplace it more so than just my keys around my neck

Viewt

My keys go in my left-front pocket with my wallet. My phone goes in my right-front pocket. My earbuds go in my rear-right pocket. I've done it this way for over a decade, and I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

Denzar

Carabiner through belt strap above my ass and my keys go into my back pocket.

That way I can feel it when some joker is trying to remove 'em from my pants.

All you carabiner guys must be jingling keys like you're a high school janitor, huh?

I mean, I've done that temporarily when my pockets are full but it annoys me, not to mention the general public.

My keys are on a carabiner but I still carry them in my pocket.

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom