• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

I hope Microsoft sees the value in Tango games and wont make the same mistake as Sony and let go of them just because they don't do high sells number. Studios like Tango is what makes gaming diverse and fun in the first place.
It seems to be going well, I think another publisher might have given up on them after Ghostwire: Tokyo but MS is still investing in them so that's a good sign

BeardGawd

Banned
How is this possible on Xcloud? The game even warned that its dependent on low- latency.
Plays and looks great here:

ozpe2Pp.jpg

tkVt0xB.jpg

TonyK

For all of you rhythmically challenged people out there just turn on the beat gauge at the bottom of the screen.

The game is pretty lenient with timing exactly anyways. You can still get through you'll just have a crappy score.
Yes, it's what I noticed yesterday, that even failing the correct timing to push the button the character plays the attack in the correct moment, it doesn't break the animation combo, only the bonus score and damage combo. It's not like failing a QTE.

Esppiral

I want to support the game and buy it but I don't feel like spending 30€ on a digital release, does anyone know if there is a physical release announced?

anthony2690

Banned
All I could think about last night was this game, I'm awake and I'm about to turn my Xbox on and play some more whilst my partner is still asleep :D

I really hope Microsoft continues to fund passion projects like this, because this game is absolutely incredible and came out of completely nowhere.

Sure Hi Fi Rush name/trademark was leaked but the pictures floating around was some bald head chick in some arena shooter style pics.

I'm glad it wasn't leaked.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Thats some of the best Cell Shading i have seen outside of Xrd and I hate cell shading. The controlled framerate and the sheer amount of face animations put it over the top. Well done.

Jennings

Just defeated the first boss. My average perfect time % is about 45% per graded battle. At least that's what the game says, but I know I'm really at about 95% and that controller/sound system latency is fucking me up. Too bad there's no calibration tool I can find in the game to help remedy this issue.
I was just talking about this. I had to switch to TV speakers or headphones. Outputting to my soundbar was tanking my score.
So I did the same as MarkMe2525 and stopped using my stereo for sound. I switched to wired headphones plugged into the Xbox controller and the synchronization was much better. I immediately jumped up from an average of 45% rhythm accuracy every battle to 75~80%. This makes the game SO MUCH MORE rewarding for me. Not because I win more fights (I haven't lost one yet, the game is very forgiving on Normal difficulty), but because I know I have good natural rhythm and I just want the game to recognize that. As for why I'm not 100% accurate, I am still fumbling the shit out of new combos.

Last edited:

Lasha

Did you like the movie Baby Driver? Hifi rush is a Baby Driver style game where the entire world is synced to the beat. Do you not watch movies? Hifi rush is like space channel 5 had a baby with Jet Grind Radio.

I have just cleared the second boss on hard and my rating on each mission has been S. Games like this are why I am into the hobby. Hifi rush is Dreamcast era creativity bolted onto the best cell-shading that I have seen. It's kind of wild to play the GotY in January.

SHA

The cell shading looks next to borderlands, I actually dreamed about another cell-shaded game after beating borderlands 3 recently and wasn't serious but man!

Lyrical

Banned
You may think it's alright but from my years in gaming I know what a damn good game is. I put money this is high on a lot of people's top tens.

The only thing going against it is that it's in January and could struggle not being in the forefront of minds.
How can you say it’ll be in peoples top 10s when we are still in January? Again the game is good and looks amazing, I just think you’re being a bit ott.

RPS37

First response: I thought Insomniac was bought by Sony… /s

More serious response: liking it better than that rhythm fps game.
Seems a bit more forgiving or I’m unconsciously staying on beat.

Finished the first boss. Will see how far I can get.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How can you say it’ll be in peoples top 10s when we are still in January? Again the game is good and looks amazing, I just think you’re being a bit ott.

I feel like I know quality and can take my years of gaming experience and say to myself. Is this better than other games I have played in the last x amount of years?

It does everything right for me, it would be in my top ten so far and high up there in the last year or two so I feel confident others will have it in there too.

Let's see where the reviews land.

Ozriel

M$FT
Lol the games alright but goty? Come on dude!

Go read Steam user reviews.

You’re seriously arguing that an excellent January game can’t make it to people’s top 10 lists for 2023?

Lyrical

Banned
Go read Steam user reviews.

You’re seriously arguing that an excellent January game can’t make it to people’s top 10 lists for 2023?
That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m saying it’s a bit premature to say it’s top 10 without having seen what the next 11 months has to offer.

mrmustard

Banned
I hope Microsoft sees the value in Tango games and wont make the same mistake as Sony and let go of them just because they don't do high sells number. Studios like Tango is what makes gaming diverse and fun in the first place.
Same. Lately i'm even more into smaller and creative Indies or AA games than into generic AAA games. I don't get the "Microsoft had no games in 2022" guys. I easily spent 150 hours with Grounded, Pentiment, Scorn and High on Life. Guess anything that didn't cost 200 million dollars + 100 million marketing doesn't count.

PeteBull

Definitely highlight for me, we knew forza gonna be good/look great but this game was legit very positive surprise, and i say it as some1 who doesnt even have atm any of xbox series consoles(got solid pc rig tho:p).
This game looks miles above redfall/left4dead to me, and who knows, in 10 years in hindsight might even look better from starfield coz games looking like this look relatively timeless, graphics wise.
Gameplay looks very fun, smooth and enjoyable, basically cant say anything bad about it for now.

Last edited:

Lasha

people are horny

do you actually look at the notification bar? Did steve jobs really die for this?

Anyways game looks really nice. But not interested in Rhythm QTE gameplay.

QTE are only a minor part of HiFiRush. The battle system is to a beat. You get bonuses for hitting inputs to the beat. Everything is governed by it. You can dodge an off camera attack because you heard it and know its going to hit on a certain beat. It's quite fun.

Top Bottom