• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman (2016) PC performance thread

messiaen

I still think the crowd hitching is CPU related, as I get stuttering even when dropping all graphics settings down. I do have a 6700k though even so. I might have to try and see if DX12 improves matters.
I'm really curious why this is an issue. Absolution has some extremely crowded areas but it didn't bong down. I'm assuming they're using the same engine.

holygeesus

Banned
I'm really curious why this is an issue. Absolution has some extremely crowded areas but it didn't bong down. I'm assuming they're using the same engine.

I don't think they are are they? I think part of the problem is you can interact with every character pretty much i.e. choke them, steal their clothes, shoot them, whatever, which must take quite a bit of processing power (i'm no expert on such matters obviously) whereas I don't remember you being able to in Absolution.

I don't think they are are they? I think part of the problem is you can interact with every character pretty much i.e. choke them, steal their clothes, shoot them, whatever, which must take quite a bit of processing power (i'm no expert on such matters obviously) whereas I don't remember you being able to in Absolution.

I don't think you can in this, can you? You're partially correct in that Absoltion made the distinction between crowds and NPCs, and in this there are quite a few 'generic' NPCs walking in the crowds but for the most part Hitman's crowds cannot be interacted with.

Using the same graphical settings, DirectX 12 gives me considerable gains in Marrakesh's crowds. Using DirectX 11, the plaza gives me 50-60 FPS with occasional dips to 45. Using DirectX 12, I get steady 70+, borderline 80 FPS. Anyone else experiencing this?

In the worst point in the level, in the middle of the plaza full of crowds, my fps reaches 40fps. In dx12, it's 48 fps.

holygeesus

Banned
I don't think you can in this, can you? You're partially correct in that Absoltion made the distinction between crowds and NPCs, and in this there are quite a few 'generic' NPCs walking in the crowds but for the most part Hitman's crowds cannot be interacted with.

You are right. As an aside DX12 is pretty much unplayable for me. Literally a slideshow. Even menus are laggy and unresponsive.

Parsnip

There was a small patch that was mainly about the next elusive target, but also:

*Fix for an issue that was causing the game to lock at 30hz for certain monitors.
*Fix for an issue that caused texture streaming to not function properly on DX12.

NeoRaider

There was a small patch that was mainly about the next elusive target, but also:

*Fix for an issue that was causing the game to lock at 30hz for certain monitors.
*Fix for an issue that caused texture streaming to not function properly on DX12.

Yeah, they finally fixed it.

Arkanius

I was thinking of buying the game. I have a 980 TI and an i5 3570k

Has the performance improved lately at all? I have a Gsync monitor so I was aiming for 60 with everything maxed at 1440p.

Moff

Has the performance improved lately at all? I have a Gsync monitor so I was aiming for 60 with everything maxed at 1440p.

I have a 980ti and a 1440p Gsync monitor
I am not happy with the performance at all, it doesn't even seem to matter what I tweak, some areas simply don't run well and are poorly optimized

dr_rus

Ep2 and Ep3 performance seems to be a bit better on NV than that of Ep1 but I don't think that you'll reach 60 stable maxed out in 1440 on 980Ti. There will be dips and slow parts where you might see 40-50.

Arkanius

I have a 980ti and a 1440p Gsync monitor
I am not happy with the performance at all, it doesn't even seem to matter what I tweak, some areas simply don't run well and are poorly optimized

Ep2 and Ep3 performance seems to be a bit better on NV than that of Ep1 but I don't think that you'll reach 60 stable maxed out in 1440 on 980Ti. There will be dips and slow parts where you might see 40-50.

So disheartening. Thanks for the sincere opinions.

dc3k

Why the hell am I capped at 60fps suddenly? Just upgraded my 770 to a 1080 and I'm capped. V-Sync is and always has been off.

?!?!?!

975a844d98.png

Arkanius

So yeah, I ended up buying Episode 1 to test the game. (Loving the gameplay so far)

Performance with DX12 is weird. In some zones I get complete stable framerate but then major stuttering kicks in and my framerates go down hard.

With DX11 it's stable at 60 (Apparently G-sync with Vsync on locks it to 60) and in Episode 1, I get some spots where it drops to 45-50. But everything is absolutely maxed and at 1440p.

It's strange because I can be looking at a huge crowd and have 60 FPS but then look at a corner with a window and shadows and drop to 50. I can't find if this is a CPU overhead or the GPU getting a hit for no reason at all.

What are the most taxing settings that I can drop to lock it completely to 60 FPS? The game is needing optimization clearly but I can drop settings if the benefit they provide don't outweight the penalty they give..

dawid

Bought this today and i'm really disappointed by the performance on my overclocked 970. Drops to 45-50 fps on the training stage on High settings preset.

What is the settings to turn down to get rid of the drops in crowded places? Level of detail?

Really don't want to have to use FXAA instead of SMAA.

Having a lot of trouble running this game well.

GTX 980ti, i5 4690, 16 GB RAM.

At 1440p maxed out I get 25-45 FPS on most of the Paris map, often hovering between 30-35. It can go up to 60 in tight hallways though. At 1080p it doesn't go up much, maybe to more like a 30-50 range.

If I turn the settings down to high (from maxed at 1440p) I get almost no difference, maybe a 3-4 FPS boost. High down to medium gives me another 5ish fps.

From other benchmarks I've seen it seems like I'm not getting the performance that I should be?

dr_rus

Why does this game still run worse on NV under DX12 after being out for so long?

Surely they have had a good amount of time to figure out how to optimize to at least get on par DX11 performance on NV?
They don't care. It's an AMD sponsored game, that's the only reason there even is a DX12 renderer.

every game, even the heavily nvidia assisted tomb raider runs worse on nvidia in dx12. i dont expect this to change anytime soon

RotTR runs either on the same level or a bit faster in DX12 on NV h/w.

I'm getting anywhere from 35-100+fps on a i5-2500k at 4.2ghz, 16gb RAM and a GTX 1070, it's very inconsistent in spots, hovers around 60 the majority of the time so it's definitely playable but still slightly disappointing compared to how well my system runs everything else. Changing the setting doesn't seem to do a whole lot.

Adry9

How's performance right now? Wondering if I should get the game or wait longer.

My specs:
i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
AMD HD 7950 Boost 3Gb
8Gb RAM
7200rpm HDD

SliChillax

Same question here. I haven't looked at this thread since the game released. Worth a buy? i7 5820k 4.2ghz, 16gb ram, GTX 980ti, SSD

Same question here. I haven't looked at this thread since the game released. Worth a buy? i7 5820k 4.2ghz, 16gb ram, GTX 980ti, SSD
With LOD, shadow maps and shadow resolution set to medium, I get a generally stable 1080p/60fps. My specs are i7 6700K, 16GB RAM and GTX 970. Setting LOD to high still results in mostly 60fps for me, but certain areas like the Marrakesh market will drop the framerate to the low 50s.

Is anyone noticing quite a lot of stuttering, especially in Marrakesh?

I'm talking about dips to 0 fps and on occasion genuine 'slideshow' gameplay. Seems to be across all settings from lowest to highest.

Using an GTX 1060 and an i54690K

Is anyone noticing quite a lot of stuttering, especially in Marrakesh?

I'm talking about dips to 0 fps and on occasion genuine 'slideshow' gameplay. Seems to be across all settings from lowest to highest.

Using an GTX 1060 and an i54690K
Could be a driver issue? Yesterday, I rolled back to some older drivers, and encountered incredibly bad stuttering in GTA V, as well as my internet browser.

Could be a driver issue? Yesterday, I rolled back to some older drivers, and encountered incredibly bad stuttering in GTA V, as well as my internet browser.

That was my first thought too, but I've made sure to keep them up to date so I think I can rule that out. I'm starting to wonder if it's the 1060, as I recently replaced my 960 with it, and that's when the issues started.

That was my first thought too, but I've made sure to keep them up to date so I think I can rule that out. I'm starting to wonder if it's the 1060, as I recently replaced my 960 with it, and that's when the issues started.
Have you tried doing a clean reinstall of them with DDU?

I have relatively similar specs, no issues on my end with shadow settings lowered to medium, on Windows 7. Do you get these kinds of issues in other games?

I've tried Medium settings too, but it's still apparent for me on Windows 10.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst seems to have a similar issue for me. To be honest, I don't play that many graphically intensive or modern games to test it with. I'm thinking of trying to return my GPU, just to be sure its not the issue.

Reading a bit of the thread but need a quick answer before the steam special runs out.

How will i be able to run this? 6600k, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram and ssd. Will only be 1080p

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Bought it regardlss, will go through OT before I play though

Erebus

I bought the game yesterday but I'm experiencing some problems while playing.

I've completed the training levels without an issue but as soon as I started the first campaign (fashion show) the game is crashing randomly (usually 30 minutes in) and Windows is displaying a warning message about my system running low on memory and that I need to close up HITMAN to free up memory.

I've got 8GB of RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB. According to MSI afterburner, the max RAM and VRAM usage is 5.9GB and 4.2GB respectively so I know I'm not hitting any limits.

Such a shame because I'm really enjoying the game.

I bought the game yesterday but I'm experiencing some problems while playing.

I've completed the training levels without an issue but as soon as I started the first campaign (fashion show) the game is crashing randomly (usually 30 minutes in) and Windows is displaying a warning message about my system running low on memory and that I need to close up HITMAN to free up memory.

I've got 8GB of RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB. According to MSI afterburner, the max RAM and VRAM usage is 5.9GB and 4.2GB respectively so I know I'm not hitting any limits.

Such a shame because I'm really enjoying the game.

Make sure youre using dx11 but 16 gb ram is starting to have actual benefit for gaming

Erebus

OK I think I found the culprit. I had completely turned off the system paging and Windows was being aggressive with the RAM management.

I turned it on again and so far the game hasn't crashed.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm having a seriously weird problem with Hitman.

For some reason the game (only during gameplay!) is rendering in limit black levels (as in 16-235 tv levels). The menus, and eveyrthing else are showing in accurate pc levels (0-255). So the game, during gameplay, looks super washed out, all blacks are grey, all whites are dull.

This effects no other game, Witcher, Deus Ex, Civ, Tomb Raider, all look perfect.

Has anyone else run into this issue? At first I thought maybe it was some weirdly stupid design choice, but then I saw screens in this thread where black looked black.

I'm on a nVidia 770gtx.

seph1roth

Guys, i bought the game recently and tried the ingame benchmark.

Running on DX12 seems to have a perfect average of 60fps.

On DX11 runs at 57-58fps at the most.

I know the difference is ridiculous but i thought this game ran way better with DX11 on Nvidia (GTX 1080).

MAX fps are better on DX11 but only in one or two frames from the whole benchmark.

Top Bottom