• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Okay, I was going to complain about Bangkok security because I always used the hut (the other was too annoying)

And then I was gonna complain about the change to Paris basement security.

But then I see you guys say you can just shoot it? Is there a way to do it without getting spotted?

The things you learn after 100 hrs....

Just stand in the hallway outside and shoot it through any of the doors.

Also, if you need anything else from the Paris security room, just turn off the power and the guards will leave.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I was going to complain about Bangkok security because I always used the hut (the other was too annoying)

And then I was gonna complain about the change to Paris basement security.

But then I see you guys say you can just shoot it? Is there a way to do it without getting spotted?

The things you learn after 100 hrs....

sometimes the guards react to the gunshot if they're close enough so it's always worth using the krugermeier pistol as it makes less noise.

MaKTaiL

Was anybody able to find the third mini-ninja on Hokkaido? I'm really curious to know how the Easter Egg ends.

sometimes the guards react to the gunshot if they're close enough so it's always worth using the krugermeier pistol as it makes less noise.

Krugermeier has been a little bugged for me after the patch. Sometimes guards get a "Crime Noticed" alert when I shoot cameras from the same place I used to shoot at them before. I am clearly out of their sight so I have no idea what's going on.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Krugermeier has been a little bugged for me after the patch. Sometimes guards get a "Crime Noticed" alert when I shoot cameras from the same place I used to shoot at them before. I am clearly out of their sight so I have no idea what's going on.

oh. maybe it was bugged and they fixed it? I thought the point of it was it was a relatively weak gun meant for shooting stuff.

Ahh I see. so simple and easy lol. Thanks!

you can also shoot plugs instead of using the screwdriver, fire alarms, bikes etc etc and I think sinks too although that might have been a bug.

Mupod

Never realized you could shoot camera servers. Hell I don't think I've ever tried shooting cameras. I just never use guns.

DrSlek

Shooting computers is practically the only thing I regularly use guns for. I've tried shooting chandeliers, but I find it to be unreliable and I don't use fire extinguishers because they can cause collateral casualties.

ev0

you can also shoot plugs instead of using the screwdriver, fire alarms, bikes etc etc and I think sinks too although that might have been a bug.

Lol I learned my lesson on shooting plugs when I failed that one elusive target and used the screwdriver without turning the power off first. Still salty about that one...

Ten uses for guns in Hitman:
- Destroy cameras
- Destroy recordings
- Expose wiring in electrical outlets
- Turn off generators and power breakers
- Drop light fixtures and hanging objects
- Release winches
- Create gas leak from heaters and canisters/ignite leaking gas
- Create oil leak from barrels and any motorized vehicle/ignite leaking oil
- Explode fire extinguishers and propane tanks
- Make guards leave their post to put away a dropped gun

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
- Destroy cameras
- Destroy recordings
- Release winches

11. Shoot fools in head.

Was anybody able to find the third mini-ninja on Hokkaido? I'm really curious to know how the Easter Egg ends.

I've been getting the large parenthesis around the camera that I shoot with that particular gun lately. What is that supposed to indicate?

Foffy

Banned
Apparently, Scott Sarno (PS4 target) was given new movement directions?

Why would they change any of this? Haven't most people missed these missions because they're exclusive to one platform?

I still think they might come to PC, but they better fix the second target briefing first. Oh, and the fifth one has the subtitles totally desynced from the video in the briefing.

Reven

Just downloaded the patch on Steam, really hope it actually fixes the low fps cutscene issue I was having. The patch notes said they would get as low as 19 fps but they actually were going as low as 9 fps on my PC. Its weird because I installed and played the game on Saturday night and they worked fine but then I played yesterday and the issue just showed up.

Thank god it worked! So much better being able to watch cutscenes now.

Joeku

I've been getting the large parenthesis around the camera that I shoot with that particular gun lately. What is that supposed to indicate?

It's a terrible Chrome addon to tell you that the camera is Jewish.

Really though, lot of weird changes in this patch. Curious to see how this makes the game different.

Prurient

Banned
Is there any way to erase my saves and start fresh on the Steam version? I originally started playing there and have a little bit of mastery on the first two levels. Since finishing the PS4 version I've decided to go back to the PC, but would like to start completely fresh.

MUnited83

For you.
Shooting computers is practically the only thing I regularly use guns for. I've tried shooting chandeliers, but I find it to be unreliable and I don't use fire extinguishers because they can cause collateral casualties.
To take down chandeliers you need to shoot the chain.

By the way, how do you drop the chandeliers in the villa ground floor (like in the library)?

I don't see a chain to shoot, and I've unloaded an entire gun's ammunition into one of those with no effect.

Use instinct. There's always a rope leading to a winch. In the Sapienza dining room, it's on the balcony

Giganteus

I looked over pretty much everything carefully and I couldn't find it. I'm now suspecting that:

1. There isn't a third ninja, and that the rumbling is a cue that you accomplished that step, but there's a new step to figure out.

2. The third ninja is outside the immediate playable space, somewhere in the snowy landscape or perched up somewhere on the rocky cliffs, starting from where the helicopter is, along the path that leads to the snowmobiles.

MUnited83

For you.
By the way, how do you drop the chandeliers in the villa ground floor (like in the library)?

I don't see a chain to shoot, and I've unloaded an entire gun's ammunition into one of those with no effect.

It still has a tiny ass chain. Shoot it right in the center.
B09E08B9928A0321F6A0231F9B8DCE01DC543BFD

DedValve

Banned
Does it bug anyone that everyone speaks American english? lol

Also why does no one detect Agent 47's obviously different voice? He should never call anyone on the phone.

Marrakech has an American tourist say an offensive and racist thing to a shop owner....and the shop owner gets offended with an American accent that would make Andrew Lincoln or hugh Laurie jealous. It completely took me out of it and felt more like a debate you would have at a Starbucks.

And those fucking protestors.

desbang

Neo Member
Does it bug anyone that everyone speaks American english? lol

Also why does no one detect Agent 47's obviously different voice? He should never call anyone on the phone.

I love the game, but this bums me out so so much. They added a little Japanese in the last chapter, but it is appallingly bad.

Shaanyboi

Banned
- Destroy cameras
- Destroy recordings
- Release winches

Wow I didn't even think about winches...

It still has a tiny ass chain. Shoot it right in the center.

And I continue to discover that there is more to learn about this game. Speaking of which...

I have to assume this means your gunshot was noisy. Or maybe it means it was actually heard by people nearby? Seriously, I also need a definitive answer.

Chris R

So I might have fixed the crashes, but I got more pissed I couldn't find the scientist who went to church in Italy. Double poison setup, gonna have to do the exploding golf ball for sure.

MaKTaiL

Posted on Reddit:

Reddit said:
Basically go behind and subdue someone AND DONT PRESS anything else, you have to wait for a bit then npc's says things like:

"Wow you're really not that strong you must play too many video games"
" Erm is that a gun in your pocket"
"I dont wanna make this weird or anything..."
"If you wanna ask me out just ask me out"
"This is getting really awkward man"
"Do me a favour an flex a little bit oh yeah thats the spot"

That's hilarious!

Jintor

I love the game, but this bums me out so so much. They added a little Japanese in the last chapter, but it is appallingly bad.

Indeed. But I think we could see that coming with the way everyone says Sato's name in Paris.

i like that that KAI can pronounce japanese but nobody fucking else can

konBAN wa

I would pay money dollars if they did a native voicepack. or even a kinda okay vaguely stereotypical voicepack.

MUnited83

For you.
- Destroy cameras
- Destroy recordings
- Release winches

Don't forget shooting the sink to make it flood from a distance!

- Destroy cameras
- Destroy recordings
- Release winches
:O

How...but...my career as an armchair hitman just got much easier

Rookhelm

So, I played Colorado for the first time last night and I'm wondering if my game glitched, or if this is intended.

In my default Tactical Suit, I could walk almost anywhere and the guys wouldn't care. The mini-map even said "hostile".

I could walk right in front of Michael Myers and whoever else and they didn't care.

However, I couldn't go into the house, (the guards considered that trespassing), or the explosives area, firing range, or the shack that Michael Myers walks into a lot. If I went to these areas, the people there would get "suspicious" like they normally do.

Is this intended, or did the game somehow bug out and not see me as an intruder. Again, I had no disguise other than the default tactical suit 47 gets on this stage.

Tuffty

So, I played Colorado for the first time last night and I'm wondering if my game glitched, or if this is intended.

In my default Tactical Suit, I could walk almost anywhere and the guys wouldn't care. The mini-map even said "hostile".

I could walk right in front of Michael Myers and whoever else and they didn't care.

However, I couldn't go into the house, (the guards considered that trespassing), or the explosives area, firing range, or the shack that Michael Myers walks into a lot. If I went to these areas, the people there would get "suspicious" like they normally do.

Is this intended, or did the game somehow bug out and not see me as an intruder. Again, I had no disguise other than the default tactical suit 47 gets on this stage.

Sounds bugged. Once you cross over the fence into the farm area it's immediately hostile territory.

Kuranghi

I'd say that's a bug as they should consider you hostile in the "tactical suit" no matter where you are in Colorado.

Was probably introduced with the patch that came out yesterday, did the problem persist on restart of level/game?

Also, another Hitman tip - you can create what I like to call a "mobile patio-heater/gas tank smoking accident"

1. Locate the tab-lover you want to kill, observe the location and orientation they have when they smoke. [If its a one off action they perform/you need to get them the first time you'll prob need to restart after observing them, as its too late at that point].
  2. Find one of those off-white gas/propane canisters in a level.
  3. Throw it around a bit and it will start to leak [with an audible hissing sound].
  4. Place on the ground/near/within a couple meters of the target and wait for target to arrive.
  5. Watch as they kill themselves by igniting the invisible gas cloud around them!
  6. It also counts as an accident kill I think? Not 100% on that though...
I only discovered this on the "dictator + gold digger" double elusive target in Bangkok, a couple weeks back and I have 300+ hrs logged lol

I love this game so much, and I love learning its secrets so while we are at it, who knew there was a laundry chute in Sapienza, that you can actually PUT BODIES DOWN?!??

Bought Paris for 6 quid over the weekend and just got it to mastery level 20, I absolutely love this game. I spent the first few hours feeling overwhelmed and lost but after learning the layout of the place and the items it all started to come together and become really addictive. I killed Dalia yesterday by poisoning her and waiting in her bathroom wardrobe for to come and trigger my toilet bomb lol, it felt like i’d arrived.

I’d put this up as one of my GOTY on the strength of this one episode tbh, the amount of options and detail is crazy (I loved the dialogue between Viktor and Dalia when they were discussing their codenames). Is Paris considered one of the better episodes? I think it’ll be hard to top for me. I’ve bought Ep 2 as well now but i’m not quite ready to leave Paris behind just yet.

Top Bottom