• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Guys! We are REALLY CLOSE to figuring out the end of the Mini-Ninjas Easter Egg. 6 Ninjas have been found so far and we are still searching for the 7th one. Help us guys!

1st Ninja

2nd Ninja

3rd Ninja

4th Ninja

5th Ninja

6th Ninja

Man, progress basically stopped dead on this while Hitmanforum was down for maintenance.

Their easter egg thread is also saying that there is a hidden bottle in the background of each level that plays a voice clip when you snipe it? And most of these haven't been found yet?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hokkaido seems like it could have crazy complicated easter eggs due to the shift you can cause with KAI which makes all the VA different. I wonder if certain things can only happen during that.

Guys! We are REALLY CLOSE to figuring out the end of the Mini-Ninjas Easter Egg. 6 Ninjas have been found so far and we are still searching for the 7th one. Help us guys!

1st Ninja

2nd Ninja

3rd Ninja

4th Ninja

5th Ninja

6th Ninja

I could try to scope out the level. Do you need to get the first one for the second one to show up and keep going down the line?

Whose room is the 4th one in?

MaKTaiL

Hokkaido seems like it could have crazy complicated easter eggs due to the shift you can cause with KAI which makes all the VA different. I wonder if certain things can only happen during that.

I could try to scope out the level. Do you need to get the first one for the second one to show up and keep going down the line?

Whose room is the 4th one in?

The second only show up after shooting the first one and so on. The 4th one is inside 47's room.

Man, progress basically stopped dead on this while Hitmanforum was down for maintenance.

Their easter egg thread is also saying that there is a hidden bottle in the background of each level that plays a voice clip when you snipe it? And most of these haven't been found yet?

Progress stopped on the second ninja during the downtime. Today we found 4 already. We are on a roll!

Yeah, I can't deal with scouring the whole level looking for a small object... seven times. I couldn't find the mine disarm device in that one escalation after looking everywhere twice, even knowing all the randomized locations.

Well, there's already the easter egg you get from sabotaging KAI and doing push-ups. I haven't had the patience to actually finish it because the physics are seriously hard to deal with.

Skitso78

is there a way to make sure my game is functioning properly on my Pro? I mean, isn't the game supposed to render at much higher resolution on pro? The very first thing I see at the beginning of the tutorial level is ugly shimmering fence. Are framerate capped/uncapped modes graphically the same?

Will F

Picked this up in a black Friday sale and wish i'd bought it sooner, it's so good. I'd been avoiding it because I hadn't played a Hitman game since the playstation 2 era and the stigma of episodic gaming - boy was I wrong on that, this is the perfect type game for that format.

I've been hoping for years that instead of focusing on huge open worlds some games would have gameplay based on smaller dense levels that encourage replaying with multiple ways to approach them - and I got that here in spades!

The_Balm

They actually fixed that on the last patch. It was never supposed to show everytime you play the mission. Once you reveal an opportunity the first time it won't show up again but you can activate it on the menu screen.

That makes a lot of sense, I like that change. But I still can't track any opportunities. There's two I already completed and one that I revealed, all on a previous play through, I hear the conversation, the intel pops up and I still can't track any of them.

Since I've been trying to figure out what's up with these opportunities I haven't completed the mission yet. Could that be it? Maybe you have to complete the mission before you can track opportunities revealed with a previous save? If so, that seems like a bug.

That makes a lot of sense, I like that change. But I still can't track any opportunities. There's two I already completed and one that I revealed, all on a previous play through, I hear the conversation, the intel pops up and I still can't track any of them.

Since I've been trying to figure out what's up with these opportunities I haven't completed the mission yet. Could that be it? Maybe you have to complete the mission before you can track opportunities revealed with a previous save? If so, that seems like a bug.

You don't need the on-screen popup to track an opportunity. Go to the Opportunities menu and you can track any of them just by selecting it.

You can start tracking even before you've revealed it, and it will guide you to the reveal spot.

MaKTaiL

After the patch you have to select the opportunity you want then drop down to trigger it. Go to the opportunities page, choose the one you want to track, press down on the d-pad and activate it. Give it a try and tell me if it works for you.

The_Balm

You don't need the on-screen popup to track an opportunity. Go to the Opportunities menu and you can track any of them just by selecting it.

You can start tracking even before you've revealed it, and it will guide you to the reveal spot.

After the patch you have to select the opportunity you want then drop down to trigger it. Go to the opportunities page, choose the one you want to track, press down on the d-pad and activate it. Give it a try and tell me if it works for you.

Thanks guys. I'm an idiot, I was going into the menu, but somehow I didn't think to go down to a track button. I was thinking I just had to hit X on while selecting the opportunity's picture (I think that's how it was before).

On a side note, PS4 remote play is really cool, I just did this on the couch with my MacBook Pro because I didn't want to go to the room where my PS4 is setup.

dcassell

Banned
I've never played a Hitman game before, and am now jumping on to this. I've gotten through the intro and the Paris mission, and I'm just having so much fun finding all the different paths to complete the objective. Would you guys recommend spending a lot of time on every level before moving on, or completing the campaign and going back to get everything? I have almost all the opportunities complete for Paris, but I have no idea how to accomplish a bunch of these bonus objectives and escalations.

phoenixyz

Would you guys recommend spending a lot of time on every level before moving on, or completing the campaign and going back to get everything?

Personally I would recommend getting level 20 mastery before moving on so you have all the gadgets for the next levels. I would not grind out all challenges though.
But I guess this very much comes down to personal preference.

dcassell

Banned
Personally I would recommend getting level 20 mastery before moving on so you have all the gadgets for the next levels. I would not grind out all challenges though.
But I guess this very much comes down to personal preference.

Okay that's cool. I've definitely felt a lot of these objectives are doable, but I don't really have the tools to do what I need. I'm pretty happy figuring all this stuff out and doing all the opportunities one level at a time. So you get these unlocks as you do more stuff, and those unlocks stay for future missions? I assume I'll unlock more stuff as I level up in future locations.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay that's cool. I've definitely felt a lot of these objectives are doable, but I don't really have the tools to do what I need. I'm pretty happy figuring all this stuff out and doing all the opportunities one level at a time. So you get these unlocks as you do more stuff, and those unlocks stay for future missions? I assume I'll unlock more stuff as I level up in future locations.

Yeah, the mastery unlocks are loadout options for all future levels.

mf.luder

Yes, as you master each level you will then have access to all kinds of devices and weapons that you can bring into any level.

dcassell

Banned
Yes, as you master each level you will then have access to all kinds of devices and weapons that you can bring into any level.

Man, that's even more motivation to keep messing with stuff. Cool, thanks for the answers everyone! This has been an awesome game to play for like a half hour at a time, trying a new idea every time I pick it up. A lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Glad I bought the whole season during the last Steam sale. Enemy AI in this game is hilariously fun to mess with.

MaKTaiL

1st Ninja

2nd Ninja

3rd Ninja

4th Ninja

5th Ninja

6th Ninja

Two more ninjas have been found! There are still more to find!

7th Ninja

8th Ninja

EDIT

9th Ninja

This is probably the biggest Easter Egg IO has done so far. Nice way to finish the Season. I hope it pays off though. Some people think we will have to find 47 ninjas =O

MaKTaiL

Last ninja found on ninja path. We did it guys!
Volcano erupts in the distance.

5jdKrwpg.png

Kaz42

Just got this line while subduing someone lmao
"You were a lot stronger in Blood Money"
Nice. I never noticed any lines before a couple days ago (mostly cause I haven't played in 4 months) but I flooded a sink and the guy said "dammit who did this" then while I was choking him out he said thank you for answering my question

Do you guys play with opportunities off? Seems like the kinda game id personally like to find my way around without hints. Any other options tips for a new player?

Hahaha, thats awesome. Love also how Hitman just hangs out behind a couch, listening.

Elusive Target #15 comes this friday
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/91592053101930268

KhwCW0g.jpg

the list again of what suits go with what elusive location. I couldn't really see this in game anywhere even with latest patch
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s.../69a8b38b7903eb0cb72af50da27c5cfcb4a6237f.png

The_Balm

Do you guys play with opportunities off? Seems like the kinda game id personally like to find my way around without hints. Any other options tips for a new player?

I've been playing with them on minimal, I think it's a nice balance of guiding you to a cool kill without holding your hand.

I do. I think it's the best way. You still get alerted that there's new intel when you hear or see something important, but you still have to pause the game to actually see the intel.

If you put rat poison in his coffee, you can speed this up. The best part is that he figures out the same thing as 47 does, because he's the real deal.

See also:
- The real Helmut Kruger's meeting with Margolis vs. 47's meeting as Kruger.
- The real fortune teller's session with Matthieu Mendola (both before and after the meeting) vs. 47's sessions as the fortune teller.

My suggestions from a couple of pages ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225653707&postcount=10161

DrSlek

I've personally not disabled them, mainly because I hadn't thought to. Though for some opportunities, I don't know if I'd have the faintest idea of where to go without them turned on.

The one where you
meet with the female target in Paris, disguised as Helmutt
. Without an indicator, I'd have no clue where to go after getting the disguise.

MUnited83

For you.
Really cool. How long does it take? Also does
the private inspector eventually wake up and meet with Isabella at the docks by himself?

Also "That is Silvio Caruso" is forever seared into my brain.
Takes a few loops of him sitting down for coffe and then going in the balcony to talk to himself. You might need to wait like 10 minutes or so until he finally decides to do it.
If you put rat poison in his coffee, you can speed this up. The best part is that he figures out the same thing as 47 does, because he's the real deal.

See also:
- The real Helmut Kruger's meeting with Margolis vs. 47's meeting as Kruger.
- The real fortune teller's session with Matthieu Mendola (both before and after the meeting) vs. 47's sessions as the fortune teller.

My suggestions from a couple of pages ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225653707&postcount=10161
Interesting, I tried to poison the coffee to see if he would go quicker but he just got into a bench below and got in a depressed pose and wouldn't leave the bench.

Interesting, I tried to poison the coffee to see if he would go quicker but he just got into a bench below and got in a depressed pose and wouldn't leave the bench.

So they changed it!

I know the poison definitely worked back when Sapienza came out, because I did it myself. Does that make Catharsis technically another timed opportunity?

CHC

I'm just starting it now but wow.... this game is unreasonably good.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the old games, and this feels like a really great expansion of those. The episodic model is certainly great for ensuring quality, if nothing else. When all of the levels have to stand on their own, you can't really afford to have a bad one.

Having so much fun doing Paris over and over - the scale and depth of these levels is unlike anything they've done in the old games. You used to have like 3, maybe 4, ways to kill your target. Now it's like.... a dozen.

I'm just starting it now but wow.... this game is unreasonably good.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the old games, and this feels like a really great expansion of those. The episodic model is certainly great for ensuring quality, if nothing else. When all of the levels have to stand on their own, you can't really afford to have a bad one.

Having so much fun doing Paris over and over - the scale and depth of these levels is unlike anything they've done in the old games. You used to have like 3, maybe 4, ways to kill your target. Now it's like.... a dozen.
You've only done Paris? You ain't seen nothing yet

Jintor

It's 2016. Nobody escapes 2016.

Although... Hitman was released this year. All those high-profile deaths... Coincidence?

I wonder if the political climate in at least one primary market is too volatile to contemplate a hit on a fictional head of state.

... Yeah, it is

I've only played the first four episodes, but I feel like Bangkok is the weakest. It's not awful, but I feel like methods of assassination are too hidden, and not as unique as before.

Still really enjoying it overall tho.

I picked this one up on the recent sale, it was on my radar the whole year, but I wanted to wait until it was complete, and I'm overwhelmed by the Paris episode. Really. I can't find how to approach the targets, is too big!

(I ended up stumbling across some opportunity
to take down the woman by turning into one of the super models
, but I didn't like this method and I simply didn't discover anything to take the guy out).

My question goes to more seasoned Hitman players. How do you approach those massive levels in order to detect things and plan the kills?

I've only played the first four episodes, but I feel like Bangkok is the weakest. It's not awful, but I feel like methods of assassination are too hidden, and not as unique as before.

Still really enjoying it overall tho.

I feel as it has some good and unique assassinations, like the exterminator opportunity, the
rock start killing the lawyer (first time you can manipulate a target to kill another?)
, the cleaning inspection is pretty fun, and also it was a first how you can make the rock star
listen the pate and have a face on with him before executing him.

tchocky

I picked this one up on the recent sale, it was on my radar the whole year, but I wanted to wait until it was complete, and I'm overwhelmed by the Paris episode. Really. I can't find how to approach the targets, is too big!

(I ended up stumbling across some opportunity
to take down the woman by turning into one of the super models
, but I didn't like this method).

My question goes to more seasoned Hitman players. How do you approach those massive levels in order to detect things and plan the kills?

I try to find a disguise that lets me follow them on their route and then look for any weak points along the route such as do they take a drink, walk under a chandelier go into a unguarded room, stand near an explosive barrel. If they have a bodyguard try separating them either by throwing objects or turning on radios, sinks etc then taking them out or if I just need a bit of distance bump into the guard.

Top Bottom