• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Lead Designer Quits Following YouTube Controversy

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
The ones saying "hE gOt CaNceLLeD" look pretty fucking dumb too.
Not really.

The activist "journalists" and games media absolutely tried to cancel him. And - without any doubt whatsoever - would have been successful in their bullying with most publishers / developers.
Within the gaming business, it is a very refreshing rarity to see a larger publisher not bend the knee to the outrage mob.
So rare that almost nobody believed his leaving could have any other reason.

That's not "fucking dumb" - it's what experience has taught us.

93xfan

Banned
This is the real problem. We keep giving these psychos an inch here a foot there and we never ever draw a line and stand by it. As long as we keep giving them what they want they will keep riding that dopamine train of misery.
I’d love if we stopped giving in. Let them cry until their voices are so tired and they’ve alienated all their relationships by showing how intolerant they truly are.

GreenAlien

Some of those news articles are quite lazy for getting his job title wrong. No real misconduct, insults, or criminal behavior compared to other people makes this controversy negligible.
Nah, the controversy is "huge". But it's really about gaming media misconduct, not the dev.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Good on him. Glad he didn't apologize for anything. He shouldn't. Also glad that his job wasn't put in jeopardy as a result. Bravo to Avalanche and WB for that. I hope that all of those that wanted to cancel him watch his video, though I highly doubt any of them will, lol.

Also what's up with people coming into threads posting things like, "Who cares?", if you don't care why post anything? Lmao.

Gold_Loot

Man, I thought that name sounded familiar! I used to watch this guy’s videos all the time. They’re very fair and balanced views. They were trying to cancel him over that!? Christ on a stick. 🤡🤡🤡

Top Bottom