• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy sells more than 12 million units worldwide in two weeks, racking in 850 million dollars.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
IyQ54e2.gif

Catphish

It's a great game. Been playing it exclusively since launch. It's the best open world game since RDR2.

It's not perfect, but it is fucking awesome, and I really hope they introduce some kind of multiplayer element into it.

The world they've built, with all the beauty and detail, it deserves to be shared with friends.

They arguably have a solid foundation if they wanted to go MMO with it...

EDMIX

OMG. Thats better than RDR2. Almost CoD and GTA numbers. holy shit.

We felt this game could do massive numbers. Happy we picked the highest on that poll a few weeks ago lol

Solid team, solid IP. Much deserved. I'm loving the game so far and things I dislike like some audio issues and small glitches are not enough to have me give it a really, really low score or something. For a game of this magnitude, this is fucking impressive for a team that has never made a game exactly like this. Hype for what they do with a sequel as they have laid out an amazing foundation

Bragr

Banned
Very impressive, expect a sequel within 3 years.

Harry Potter has the potential to be Spider-Man-level-of-franchise, they can milk this in many ways as long as they keep some quality on it.

intbal

So, what's a conservative estimate for the additional sales on 8th gen machines?
5 million in the same time period?

Myths

Well, you can expect this to be the marketing model of constant citation whereby devs (outside of the ones specially for this game) try to carbon copy it. Similar to how COD was/is often looked at as a development blueprint for success.

Saber

Gold Member
Who would guess people just want to "magic go brrr". As a Harry Potter fan myself, this puts a smile on my face.

This boycott should be written in all history as the biggest and most ridiculous fail of all time.

Last edited:
Proud to have purchased 4 copies.

1 digital Deluxe for myself
1 physical for myself for collection
1 digital for my brother
1 digital for my nephew

I love it, as have by bro and nephew, An absolutely amazing game; 60 hours into my play through. Beat it, love it, still playing it. Should they ever decide to put out additional content, I’ll buy it for myself, as well as my fam.

Buy it, folks. Incredible.

This whole thing is hilarious.

“Woke” game became big with bigots out of spite.

Everyone I knew probably became super aware of the game because of all the “bad” press. They didn’t read the articles. Not that they would care Jk is a “terf” feminist. They assumed the game was super hyped. And I mean everyone single one. Im talking about Call Of Duty annual buyers here.

The game itself is Ubisoft standard, yet we got Elden Ring level hype.

I consider myself to be extremely understanding, progressive even. But I hate people that unreasonably bitch. So ill consider this a W.

onQ123

This would be amazing but hate to be a downer but can’t see any sales numbers in quotes. from Warner brothers hours played yes,

I’m sure they would have released this information if had broke the 10 million mark when they announced hours played.

would love to be wrong though because it would be fucking awesome if true.
Guess you love it because you're wrong lol

Rival

Gold Member
I opted for the Deluxe PC version and am loving it so far. I don’t have a lot of time to play games but I’m about 12 hours in. I bought this game having never read a HP book or watched any of the films. Now I’m watching the films and will eventually read the books. What a great universe.

Boss Mog

I'm not a Harry Potter fan but it seems like the team managed to deliver a game that fans of Harry Potter would enjoy so kudos to them. The fact that this pisses off the blue-haired mob is a nice bonus too.

mxbison

Yeah it's pretty crazy, people at work I didn't even know play games are talking about it.

Probably also helps that they aren't tired of the standard AAA open world mechanics yet.

Bekind

Neo Member
As big IP as Harry Potter is world wide, i thought Hogwarts Legacy would have sold at least 20 million copies by now, LOL.

Guess this just really shows how impressive Elden Ring really was. Being released one week after one of Sony's most popular first party title game HFW, still managed to sell over 12 million in two weeks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom