• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holiday BOMBA: Playstation AllStars Charts 38th Week 1 UK

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I take it no modders out there to polish the game?

RSBE01-39.png

Haunted

US numbers:

allstar.gif
See, and that's why the site is banned.

Off by over 50k to actual numbers. Terrible guesswork. Watch them retroactively change their numbers to reflect the real numbers, too (at least that's what ioi used to do, I haven't visited the site for a while).

Guevara

See, and that's why the site is banned.

Off by over 50k to actual numbers. Terrible guesswork. Watch them retroactively change their numbers to reflect the real numbers, too (at least that's what ioi used to do, I haven't visited the site for a while).

It doesn't even look right from a random number perspective. Way too many 8s and 9s, not enough 1s and 2s.

I did not like the beta at all, but there's still something depressing about those numbers. Is this the worst bomb (relative to expectations) of the Fall 2012 games?

SmithnCo

Not surprised but kinda sad it did bomb.

Was there even any marketing with this game though? I saw nothing

Sony really should have done a better job with marketing. There were long stretches with no media coming out, and the push for it at launch could've been better.

I feel so bad for SB. PSASBR is my GOTY and these numbers are beginning to seem lower than my worst fears. I can only pray the game has some legs.

Can't say I'm surprised. Bigger names probably would have affected it... slightly. Odd how I've been hearing that this was one of Sony's biggest games this year.
I think Wonderbook was bigger focus for Sony and TLOU was probably originally planned as their big holiday ''hardcore'' title but after U3 I can see Sony cuttin ND some slack.

Mr. Fix

I looked it over and only saw that it didn't crack top ten- I'm trying to find the ~80k figure source.

I didn't either, but if you look at creamsugar's post history, he's been giving out numbers for the past few months. Look at page 12 or something where everyone's quoting him. No official official statement on it though.

Shahed

Having played the game for a little while, I can't say I'm that surprised. I would even go as far to say it didn't deserve good sales.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. In fact I think it's surprisigly fun. I'm enjoying it more than I thought it would be and I think it's quite well balanced bar Kratos. I'm even playing online and I never play online games! It's just that everything I worried about the game in the months I've been following has come out exactly as I feared. Basically the gameplay is good. Everything else? Not so much. And it's not so much the characters. Sure I would have loved the likes of Wander, Cloud or Snake. It's the presentation.

All the menu's are completely bland. They're almost lifeless. Just a plain background with a random character render. There's no charm to it. I hoped for backgrounds and excerpts from their franchises that would remind me of locations in games, the ones that weren't viable for stages.

The music isn't ideal either. Sure there are some good pieces, but by and large it fails to deliver. I wanted to hear the best of music from random games all over the place. At best I get the main theme and a couple of alternates for victory music. Nothing in menus

But my biggest complaint is the story mode. From the beginning what I wanted more than anything else was a big encompassing campaign. Characters to interact with each other and for the fan service to be played up. For the cutscenes to he fun and engaging. But instead we get some crappy arcade mode with a few half assed scenes.

Sure they may have got the gameplay right, but everything else is mediocre. I saw this game when it was announced as a celebration of PlayStation. It should have been full of fan service. The game should invoke nostalgia and make me play with a smile on my face. I'm not even bothered about the characters and have said several times I would have been happy with just first party.

As an overall package this came up woefully short. We didn't get a celebration of PlayStation franchises and characters. We just got a 4 player brawler that just happends to feature those characters

shink

Having played the game for a little while, I can't say I'm that surprised. I would even go as far to say it didn't deserve good sales.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. In fact I think it's surprisigly fun. I'm enjoying it more than I thought it would be and I think it's quite well balanced bar Kratos. I'm even playing online and I never play online games! It's just that everything I worried about the game in the months I've been following has come out exactly as I feared. Basically the gameplay is good. Everything else? Not so much. And it's not so much the characters. Sure I would have loved the likes of Wander, Cloud or Snake. It's the presentation.

All the menu's are completely bland. They're almost lifeless. Just a plain background with a random character render. There's no charm to it. I hoped for backgrounds and excerpts from their franchises that would remind me of locations in games, the ones that weren't viable for stages.

The music isn't ideal either. Sure there are some good pieces, but by and large it fails to deliver. I wanted to hear the best of music from random games all over the place. At best I get the main theme and a couple of alternates for victory music. Nothing in menus

But my biggest complaint is the story mode. From the beginning what I wanted more than anything else was a big encompassing campaign. Characters to interact with each other and for the fan service to be played up. For the cutscenes to he fun and engaging. But instead we get some crappy arcade mode with a few half assed scenes.

Sure they may have got the gameplay right, but everything else is mediocre. I saw this game when it was announced as a celebration of PlayStation. It should have been full of fan service. The game should invoke nostalgia and make me play with a smile on my face. I'm not even bothered about the characters and have said several times I would have been happy with just first party.

As an overall package this came up woefully short. We didn't get a celebration of PlayStation franchises and characters. We just got a 4 player brawler that just happends to feature those characters

You share my exact complaints with the game.
Story mode is barebones, items/stages are only from a couple of franchises. Very little celebration of Playstation across the three generations.

Agent X

Gold Member
I did not like the beta at all, but there's still something depressing about those numbers. Is this the worst bomb (relative to expectations) of the Fall 2012 games?

I agree. I also didn't like the beta, but even I'm surprised this game didn't do at least a little better in sales.

Not surprised but kinda sad it did bomb.

Was there even any marketing with this game though? I saw nothing

I've seen a TV commercial, but I don't think it properly conveyed what the game was about. It was clearly inspired by last year's famous "Michael" commercial, but it looks more like a continuation of that commercial's theme rather than an advertisement for an actual video game.

The fatal flaw for the ad spot was that they didn't even show any footage from the game. Someone who wasn't already aware of PSASBR would not have known this was about a new video game.

Top Bottom