• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoloLens Minecraft Demo

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They forgot that it's all the size of what a Polaroid? Smaller than that?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
FOV of Hololense is bad. So I don't know how it looks in when you put it on. You see part of the world only.

Arkeband

Banned
I was annoyed that they weren't showing her tablet actually playing the game. Without that, for all we know everything we saw was scripted and wasn't actually playing out in real time.

You forget you didnt wear a Hololens? Stuff on TV always looks smaller than in real life because cameras. If you have it an inch away from your eyes it might work just fine.

Guevara

I don't know what to think of that.

Seemed amazing at first, but not actually fun to play like that for any length of time.

Milo v2.0?

Regardless, didn't really add to the gameplay experience imo. In fact, being able to see secrets with wall hack actually takes away from it.

Taker666

I can't get excited about it after hearing about the limited FOV. I want to be able to see everything..not just a rectangles worth. I certainly won't buy until I can try.

Yup, very misleading footage. Which is a shame, because what they showed looked super cool but that's not what it's going to look like, and I don't think they should mislead people in that way.

Ithil

hqdefault.jpg

TrutaS

Marketing is not helping with this. It will backfire a great deal when users realize the experience is nothing like advertised.

Great demo, but I'll definitely have to wait and see with this thing. I've heard a few things that I don't like about it, so...we'll see. Still, it was pretty rad.

Ploid 3.0

This will be great for esport commentators if the game is designed around holo lens that is. I doubt it will do that type of stuff for Dota, Counter Strike, and Starcraft 2 without official support and a big patch.

Edit: Though they could just make a new camera view, and allow the commentators to move it around with a mouse and keyboard or controller. Yeah never mind.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Once again, total misrepresentation with a mythical perfect FOV and not the incredibly limited window it is in reality.

That theyre continuing to be this disingenuous is bad juju. The blowback is not worth the "in dev" lies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You forget you didnt wear a Hololens? Stuff on TV always looks smaller than in real life because cameras. If you have it an inch away from your eyes it might work just fine.
No dude like the actual tech in the glasses, the viewing space is about a bit bigger than a postage stamp.

Sylfurd

Completly bullshoted with the camera ...

Larger FoV, bigger resolution, better colors (how do you display black on a white/Blue wall or light colored wood table by projecting light ?) ...

Illucio

Banned
It looks cool, but this is something I'd rather go to a big building to play like Laser Tag, rather than in my own home. I feel like it wouldn't work too well unless I'm in a big livingroom space and I moved furniture around or something like that.

Top Bottom