• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy Guacamole! Chipotle Linked To 35 E. Coli Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfedai0

Banned
I used to go to Chipotle once or twice a week. Then one day I just realized that their food really had no flavor. Rice was never really cooked right and had way too much lime in it, the meats were all over seasoned, and everything was overpriced. I havent been back for 6 months now.

Gonzalez

Banned
More outbreaks in Ohio, New York, and California

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/e-coli-outbreak-linked-chipotle-expands-6-states-n467281

welp, just came home from work with chipotle and I can't decide whether I should eat it or not. I'm four hours away from Akron.
Ben-Stiller-Do-It-Starsky-and-Hutch.gif

Okay, maybe I'll take a break from this thrice-weekly Chipotle diet until this all gets sorted out. I'm in Boston but I don't want to take any chances.

Gonzalez

Banned
Does anyone else notice how dirty the stove is when you watch them prepare the meat? There always seems to be a mountain of grease at the corner of the stoves at all the Chipotle's I've been to down here in South Florida.

Local news here in Boston is saying 28 people got sick from one Chipotle here over the week. At least 8 have been confirmed as E. coli. It hasn't been linked to the national one yet, but I have to imagine it will be.

I had started eating at these places again. Gonna stop for the foreseeable future, and that's assuming I make it through the next few days without getting sick.

yeah, Boston College issued an email to all athletes telling them not to eat at Chipotle after, reportedly, 8 players on the basketball team have confirmed cases of it.

Dishwalla

Banned
Has it hit Virginia yet? I go to Chipotle once every couple weeks or so, don't really want to start settling for Moe's.

SpecX

Haven't eaten there in ages. Just recently was talking about them and a family member was talking about how they ate their food for a week straight. Guess they continue to dodge this bullet.

I ate at a different Boston Chipotle last Tuesday and Thursday. Counting down the days until I'm out of the incubation range, E. coli terrifies me.

Afrikan

didn't know about this news from a month back..

I just got my friend to eat with me at Chipotle, for lunch across the street during PSX.

we made it through fine....but it's still scary to think others have gotten sick.

Mii

Banned
Local news here in Boston is saying 28 people got sick from one Chipotle here over the week. At least 8 have been confirmed as E. coli. It hasn't been linked to the national one yet, but I have to imagine it will be.

I had started eating at these places again. Gonna stop for the foreseeable future, and that's assuming I make it through the next few days without getting sick.

I used to eat practically weekly at the Cleveland Circle Chipotle when I went to BC and lived in that neighborhood. So did hundreds of other students. This could be a pretty big deal at my alma mater. What is the incubation period typically?

I used to eat practically weekly at the Cleveland Circle Chipotle when I went to BC and lived in that neighborhood. So did hundreds of other students. This could be a pretty big deal at my alma mater. What is the incubation period typically?

A couple of days usually.

I'm feel very fortunate to be able to afford tastier, safer burritos at less consumer hostile prices. My prayers to those for whom Chipotle has been the only option.

Afrikan

One thing I liked about Chipotle is that, I didn't feel heavy after eating their food.

I would be able to get up and get shit done.... but if I eat Burritos or Burgers from other places....I'm kicking back and relaxing that shit off, before getting up.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I get my Mexican food from a food truck next to a railroad thank you very much. Can't trust these big businesses.

Just got some Chipotle for dinner and remembered this thread. Hopefully I am in the clear. An odd thing I noticed is the lettuce is different, its like store bought and not as crisp. Maybe the ecoli was on the lettuce and theyre already taking precautions at that location?

2-8 days, average of 3-4.

I'm on day five. Wish me luuuuuuccckkkkk

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Real men eat Tina's burritos.

Then die.

Been eating at the same taco truck for over two years, never had any issues. Plus, i can get it customized the way I like it. If I want a fresh habanero thrown in my burrito, done. If I want extra ingredients, it's never a problem.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is still an issue? Crap, I just had a burrito from there today. I guess the line being 1/3 the usual size should have been a clue.

entremet

Isn't this McDonald's time to shine? Or maybe they can get a few cases of E. Coli going since they want to be Chipotle.

I thought E.Coli was due to food handlers not washing their hands after using the bathroom.

This is particularly a huge issue with lettuces, tomatoes and other items that are never cooked. Cooking kills a lot of things, but if it's never cooked, like those items and others, it's easier to spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom