• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfida

jrff39.jpg

Not really an actor one and I think it's fairly well known but it's my favorite movie easter egg:

The Cook County registrar at the end of The Blues Brothers?

16313-2138.gif

That's right.

I'm not sure it's really "mind blowing" if you're just pointing out actors who have appeared in major roles in more than one hit movie from the past few years. Harold = Sulu is not exactly zomgwtf material.

Cosmic Bus said:
In this thread, people realize that movies feature actors not necessarily mentioned on the poster.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Dunno why I find this so funny, but I almost spit out my Dr. Pepper

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Gary Whitta said:
I'm not sure it's really "mind blowing" if you're just pointing out actors who have appeared in major roles in more than one hit movie from the past few years. Harold = Sulu is not exactly zomgwtf material.

To be fair I just included that after the fact. I didn't realize who the fuck Bones was until about halfway through the movie. So that was cool if not mindblowing.

Oh I take it back, THIS is my favorite cameo ever:

02192009_Backtoschool_KurtV.jpg

"And other thing, Vonnegut - I'm cancelling the check. What's that? Fuck me? Fuck YOU!"

Kevtones

Cosmic Bus said:
In this thread, people realize that movies feature actors not necessarily mentioned on the poster.

normal_100.jpg

Locke

:D

Also, Michael from LOST was in Baz's Romeo + Juliet as Mercutio.

woxel1

I just rewatched The Graduate and I had no idea Richard Dreyfuss did a cameo. What a great fucking movie.

Saw Mars Attacks! a few times when it came out on video (free DVDs back in 97) and didn't realize until watching it again a few years later that Jack Black was the gung-ho brother that was killed by the aliens. This was after he got famous, of course. Hell, watching that movie nets you a lot of famous cameos.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Lucian from Underworld

139600_1234126298140_375_300.jpg

Is the same guy that played the David Frost in Frost

Michael-Sheen-FrostNixon--001.jpg

And Tony Blair in The Queen

Michael-Sheen-as-Tony-Bla-001.jpg

I was amazed.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I saw Jag mentioned...

Catherine Bell who was Mack on JAG also did a scene for the Skinemax series Hot Line or something like that.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Jasoco

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Pics now.
Demolition Man:
He's in it for about a second. Because the rest of the scene he's hidden (Overshadowed) by Denis Leary. You see him for a second when John Spartan says "and COCTEAU'S AN ASSHOLE!" and twists the guy with the gun's arm.

Jack Black is the lucky guy who gets his arm twisted. You don't even notice it unless you're looking for it.

29em4xl.jpg

This is the only frame where he is somewhat recognizable.

He's credited under "Wasteland Scraps".

Guess what? He was also in Mars Attacks. He's one of the characters who gets killed. Oh wait... 95% of the main characters get killed. Save for Natalie Portman and that guy who earlier played the kid in Independence Day.

jackblack.jpg

Also, Jack Black was in the movie JACKAL and gets his arm blown off!

8073-22082.gif

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the youngest member of the Storm chasers in Twister.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
In Death Wish 3, Bill S. Preston, Esquire plays a gang member named Hermosa. At one point in the movie, he attacks Counselor Troi.

mpkguh
mq8fwr

The only good ones here are the ones that either feature the actor in heavy makeup (Glenn Close or the freaky Star Trek ones), when the actors are reallllly little kids or when somebody was an extra. McNulty in 300 should have been obvious, and pointing out Joshua Jackson in the role that (arguably before Dawson's Creek) made him famous? Really?

UraMallas

Walter Bishop of Fringe is Denethor of Lord of the Rings:
2q06dfn.jpg
2efjpxx.jpg

DarkJediKnight said:
8073-22082.gif

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the youngest member of the Storm chasers in Twister.

Him as Scotty J. in Boogie Nights:
mrtnyu.jpg
2lkwdoi.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I always think of Alan Ruck being 30 when he played Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Cosmic Bus said:
Basically. Who would have guessed that an actor had tiny roles in random movies before making it big or finding their niche?

Catalix

A Kid in King Arthur's Court
fc7ma.jpg

vnh4is.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom