• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UraMallas

Dan said:
Basically. Who would have guessed that an actor had tiny roles in random movies before making it big or finding their niche?
Don't think you're enlightened. It's for fun, quit taking it so seriously.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Blade...

Stephen-Dorff-Photograph-C10042208.jpg

00726kxq
The Gate

forrest1.jpg

darkman12.jpg
= Liam Neeson

StuBurns

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Nariko in Heavenly Sword

9608-noscale-heswp30701.jpg

Olivia Dunham in Fringe

olivia_b.jpg
This blew my mind, not right now, but when I found out.
I was watching Fringe, thinking she looks very familiar, so I googled her, insane. To recognize her as a game characters. Crazy.

Troidal

Kyle Reese from Terminator Salvation
Chekov from JJ Abrahm's Star Trek

Never really noticed since Chekov seemed like this whimpy ass dude sitting on the bridge. Plus his accent threw me off. Kyle Reese wasn't as charismatic either but still...didnt see the connection.

Zeliard

element said:
Ed Norton plays King Baldwin in Kingdom of Heaven
kingbaldwinivinjerusalem.jpg

Mindblowing would have been if Baldwin had turned out to be played by an actor less excellent than Edward Norton under the mask. Great performance.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Terry O'Quinn from LOST was also in the X-Files..twice. He played a police officer in the episode Aubrey from season 2. No pic of that, but he also played the agent who was blown up by the bomb in the first movie :D

OLeSbAWCM.jpg

Kurtwood_Smith.jpg

OMG it's Red from that 70s show!

I watched the 70s show before I watched Robocop.

He even was in Star Trek three times:

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Efrosian_Federation_President.jpg

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Graf Nudu said:
Kurtwood_Smith.jpg

Holy shit! I can even see him saying something like "Kirk, my foot is looking for a motel and your ass has a vacancy-sign."

Xavien

Graf Nudu said:
Kurtwood_Smith.jpg

Mind Blown, I've watched that film atleast 6 times and never ever caught that.

UraMallas

GDGF said:
He was also the main dude in TRON.
tron-2-20090204042313831.jpg
Oh shit. Did not know this! Awesome one! Here's a TV one.

George Clooney was in the first season of Roseanne as a love interest for Jackie and a factory plant manager:
2ljht8i.jpg

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I rewatched the X-Files recently and that was basically a long parade of recognizable actors before they hit the big time. Being a fan of The Shield, my mind was particularly blown when Catherine Dent and Jon Diehl (the guy who plays Gilroy) were in the same episode, playing ex-lovers.

UraMallas said:
Him as Scotty J. in Boogie Nights:
mrtnyu.jpg
2lkwdoi.jpg

Thats not mindblowing at all. Thats just him in a role in a movie. You missed the point entirely. Mindblowing would be say.. me telling you about Seth Rogen in Donnie Darko or something, not Seth Rogen in Knocked Up. Ergh.

Belfast said:
Jack Black is the bully in Neverending Story III.

Jackblack.jpg
He was also the idiot sidekick of the antagonist in Airborne (so fucking good):
2h67ign.jpg

Character name was Augie:
25fnkah.jpg

Also had Seth Green as the geeky cousin Wiley:
2h2ghzo.jpg

Mohonky

Marty Chinn said:
Daniel Faraday in Lost was also in Saving Private Ryan as the translator:

Upham.gif

He was also the guy in some Vietnam POW movie with Christian Bale. In every movie he seems to get cast as the awkward genius dude with some sort of speech stutter ala Lost and Super Nova.

UraMallas

pseudocaesar said:
Thats not mindblowing at all. Thats just him in a role in a movie. You missed the point entirely. Mindblowing would be say.. me telling you about Seth Rogen in Donnie Darko or something, not Seth Rogen in Knocked Up. Ergh.
Get over yourself. I didn't think half of the ones in this thread were "mind-blowing" worthy but I wasn't some prick about it. It's all subjective; not everyone catches a certain person in a movie even if they've seen it numerous times. There is frustration mounting in this thread but you're on the wrong side of it...

\/\/\/

Case in point. I love the hell out of Fear and Loathing and didn't realize that was who that was.

pnjtony

My favorite Meloni appearance. Gay hotel attendant in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Don't be surprised if after SVU ends he does some comedy. Dude is funny.

Fear_and_Loathing-72_quicks.png

pnjtony said:
My favorite Meloni appearance. Gay hotel attendant in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Don't be surprised if after SVU ends he does some comedy. Dude is funny.

Fear_and_Loathing-72_quicks.png

Holy shit just realised he's the guy from an episode of Scrubs too!

bud

Scullibundo said:
Mother who puts who two kids to sleep during the sinking of Titanic.
Titanic-nodialogue.jpg

a_028JenetteGoldstein.jpg

Jenette Goldstein

she was also john's mother in t2. i didn't know that until yesterday. :lol

DevelopmentArrested said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Most of the posts in this thread are "OMG! The actor that i know from their most notable role had other roles before this one!!" :lol

Glenn Close in Hook is the only one to blow my mind. :O I remember reading she was in it when i was young and i always thought she played one of the women fawning over Hook at the baseball game or something.

Edward Norton in Kingdom of Heaven also surprised me when i first learned a while back.

Fuck a lot of these. You want your mind blown?

Watch the beginning of Batman Returns and see who the Penguin's daddy is.

I didn't realize it until I saw that movie again two or three years ago.

EDIT: Wait, that Glenn Close Boo Box one was SERIOUS? :O :O :O THAT SHIT IS MINDBLOWING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom