• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home Brewing |OT| - The tastiest thing that will ever come from your bathtub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep this thread aliiiiiiive

This past Saturday we brewed a 3 gallon batch of an American IPA. I went the BIAB route due to a lack of space in our apartment. It was our first brew in about 7 years. The BIAB method definitely was a lot easier and saved us a bunch of time and cleaning.

We hit our OG dead on so I'm hoping this lands at the estimated 7% ABV. Fermentation has been crazy so far. I made a rookie mistake by starting out with an airlock which was then clogged about 36 hours later. Had to switch to a blowoff tube for a day or two and just went back to the airlock last night.

Doomsayer

This thread seems pretty dead, unfortunately.

Does anyone here have social media for their brewing ventures? Would love to keep track of everything and even swap some bottles from time to time.

We just bottled a SMaSH Pale Ale (2 Row + African Queen hops), and Dark Saison, and we brewed a "West Coast" Pilsner (basically a Pilsner hopped like an IPA).

Does anyone here have social media for their brewing ventures? Would love to keep track of everything and even swap some bottles from time to time.

We just bottled a SMaSH Pale Ale (2 Row + African Queen hops), and Dark Saison, and we brewed a "West Coast" Pilsner (basically a Pilsner hopped like an IPA).

I'm pretty much just on Untappd and my homebrew club's facebook group. I do try to put recipes for all the beers I post on Untappd though, anything by Half Slapped brewing.

Had to move to a new apt due to a fire. Sadly this new building has worse wiring so my grainfather won't reach a boil no matter what. Super bummed at the prospect of no all grain brewing for another year. :(

Doomsayer

Awesome! Thanks for the help. :)

(Still want to try one of your beers at some point.:D )

I'd be up for doing a GAF beer exchange. :)

I submitted two beers to our local homebrew competition (Maltose Falcons). Judging is on August 5th, pretty excited to see where we match up.

I submitted the SMaSH and Dark Saison.

Doomsayer

To try and revive the thread a bit, I wanted to share the following link that I found interesting: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/top-50-commercial-clone-beer-recipes/

Gonna try to make Pliny The Elder tomorrow :)

Good luck! Clone recipes are an awesome way to get a barometer of where you are as a brewer and how refined your process is.

Brewing a NE style IPA Saturday. This will be the 3rd time we've made this specific recipe. I think it's fine tuned enough now to where it will be great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It's kind of an expensive hobby so I'm not surprised. Even I have been very slow about getting anything done due to moving into an apartment where brewing is a lot less simple.

I think I'm gonna do my Citra clone if I can ever find the recipe again and going to bring it to GABF to share with people I'm staying with.

afroguy10

I've been meaning to get back into home brewing. I brewed a few batches of mead at my old flat, including my last batch, an orange blossom honey mead with cinnamon and vanilla that I managed to ferment to 19.5%.

I remember me and my flat mate at the time had a wine bottle each of it one night before going out and I think we were back home in our beds by 11pm haha, it totally kicked our arse!

Super easy to brew as well and a lot of fun.

Kicked the keg of my apple/cranberry cider last week and am buying ingredients for a blueberry wheat this weekend. Had my first bad batch after my heating element burnt out and charred the wort :(

Anyone want to post pics of their brewery? I'll share mine and run down the parts:

15.5g keggle with a 5500w element controlled by an Auber PID, 10g cooler mash tun, 1500w RIMS tube with a march pump also controlled via PID. It's pretty great - I have water hookups in the basement as well and good ventilation, so I only ever need to go outside to dump grain. Whole thing is clean-in-place as well.

db1nNKi.jpg

wowzors

Currently brewing a NEIPA with citra/Galaxy/Simcoe hops. Wanted to do just citra and Galaxy but couldn't find enough Galaxy so replacing 2oz with Simcoe during dry hopping.

Used a base of 2 row and acidulated malt. About a pound of hops and a half ounce for bittering.

Rimshot

Good luck! Clone recipes are an awesome way to get a barometer of where you are as a brewer and how refined your process is.

Brewing a NE style IPA Saturday. This will be the 3rd time we've made this specific recipe. I think it's fine tuned enough now to where it will be great.

Thanks :) Was almost able to hit target, 1071 OG while the recipe was on 1072. It is a beer that relies heavily on dry hopping it seems, which will mean it will be flowery goodness the first week but as usual with homebrewing that aroma diminishes fast due to oxidation that the professional breweries can reduce to none. So kinda regret I did 23 liters of it, but hey I can share a lot just need to host a party hehe.

How did your brewing go? Care to share details on the recipe?

Edit: what image host do most of you use?

I use imgur for mine!

I'm brewing right now - a simple blueberry hefeweizen. A friend of mine picked a ton of wild berries so I have about 2 lbs. that I am currently freezing and thawing to use in the keg. The hefeweizen is a super simple recipe that I've used a bunch - 5.5 lbs. of white wheat, 5.5 lbs. of 2 row, WLP300 hefeweizen yeast. Very refreshing. I'm hopping a bit as a first wort hop with half an ounce of Galaxy - nice and fruity!

Rimshot

I use imgur for mine!

I'm brewing right now - a simple blueberry hefeweizen. A friend of mine picked a ton of wild berries so I have about 2 lbs. that I am currently freezing and thawing to use in the keg. The hefeweizen is a super simple recipe that I've used a bunch - 5.5 lbs. of white wheat, 5.5 lbs. of 2 row, WLP300 hefeweizen yeast. Very refreshing. I'm hopping a bit as a first wort hop with half an ounce of Galaxy - nice and fruity!

Cool, sounds tasty :) Haven't done any fruit inclusions yet.

Not much of a brew setup, since I am living in an apartment, but here is my little pot :)

Edit: this became a huge image :0 Quotes helped! :)

kotodama

Not much of a brew setup, since I am living in an apartment, but here is my little pot :)

That's a interesting setup. Hmm, does that electric heating method act like a steam jacketed kettle or does it still produce maillard effects like direct fire?

--

Currently fermenting a 10 gallon pilsner batch split into two 5 gallon fermenters, one was pitched with Wyeast Belgian and French Saison yeasts and the other was pitched with Whitelab's Oktoberfest yeast, but held at ale temps ala Cali-Commons. The Saison side is fermenting slow, while the Oktoberfest one has pretty much finished at 1.01 already. Just letting the yeast clean up a bit and will probably keg condition that one, some time later this week.

Cool, sounds tasty :) Haven't done any fruit inclusions yet.

I love the Grainfather. Sadly I could never get it up to a boil in my current apartment. :(

I just do extract brewing currently, but still producing pretty good beer. Brewing a Dunkel this weekend, just did a cream ale and kolsch for a party that went over very well.

I just do extract brewing currently, but still producing pretty good beer. Brewing a Dunkel this weekend, just did a cream ale and kolsch for a party that went over very well.

You can get great results from extract. Two years ago an extract brew won the Arkansas homebrew competition. It was really damn good. :D

Rimshot

I love the Grainfather. Sadly I could never get it up to a boil in my current apartment. :(

I live in Europe so we have the 240 version, while I know you in the states got the 110 version that isn't as strong. The graincoat that you see on the grainfather has helped a lot of users in the US bring it up to boil easier to my understanding. Or does your socket shut off when it goes full power?

That's a interesting setup. Hmm, does that electric heating method act like a steam jacketed kettle or does it still produce maillard effects like direct fire?

--

Currently fermenting a 10 gallon pilsner batch split into two 5 gallon fermenters, one was pitched with Wyeast Belgian and French Saison yeasts and the other was pitched with Whitelab's Oktoberfest yeast, but held at ale temps ala Cali-Commons. The Saison side is fermenting slow, while the Oktoberfest one has pretty much finished at 1.01 already. Just letting the yeast clean up a bit and will probably keg condition that one, some time later this week.

It's a regular 1800w or 1900w (don't remember) heating element at the bottom.

What kind of keg setup do you use? I am using cornelius kegs that I have in the basement where I force carbonate and such, and then fill my mini party kegs from that I then have in the fridge since they don't take much space.

Edit: Just leaving a link to David Heaths videos as he primarily uses the grainfather and is general very pleasant to listen to surrounding brewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJm2zux55M

Doomsayer

Thanks :) Was almost able to hit target, 1071 OG while the recipe was on 1072. It is a beer that relies heavily on dry hopping it seems, which will mean it will be flowery goodness the first week but as usual with homebrewing that aroma diminishes fast due to oxidation that the professional breweries can reduce to none. So kinda regret I did 23 liters of it, but hey I can share a lot just need to host a party hehe.

How did your brewing go? Care to share details on the recipe?

Edit: what image host do most of you use?

Brew day went well! Ended up at 1.066 OG which was in between where we wanted it (1.064-1.068) so not a bad showing.

Recipe is as follows:

80% 2-row
10% Flaked Oats
7% White Wheat
3% Honey

Mash @ 152F for 1 hour
1 hour boil

Hops --
1.5 oz Galaxy
1.5 oz Citra (10 minute additions)

1.5 oz Galaxy
1.5 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic (whirlpool/hop stand)

1 oz Galaxy
1 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic (Dry hop 3 day[biotransformation])

1.5 oz Galaxy
2 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic (Dry hop after primary)

Ferment with WYEAST1318 (London III)

Rimshot

Brew day went well! Ended up at 1.066 OG which was in between where we wanted it (1.064-1.068) so not a bad showing.

Recipe is as follows:

80% 2-row
10% Flaked Oats
7% White Wheat
3% Honey

Mash @ 152F for 1 hour
1 hour boil

Hops --
1.5 oz Galaxy
1.5 oz Citra (10 minute additions)

1.5 oz Galaxy
1.5 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic (whirlpool/hop stand)

1 oz Galaxy
1 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic (Dry hop 3 day[biotransformation])

1.5 oz Galaxy
2 oz Citra
1 oz Mosaic (Dry hop after primary)

Ferment with WYEAST1318 (London III)

Thanks for sharing :) It's a bit similar to one of my brews, but in the beginning i used a 20 min addition, a 15 min (don't forget protafloc and yeast nutrients ^_^) and a 0 min addition. And 5 days dry hop after fermentation is done. But I noticed I liked it better when adding a 10 gram 60 minute addition. Glad to hear the brew day went well. :) And also glad people started writing here again :D Took a few days so thought my post was a failure :)

Edit: Also used Safale US-05 as yeast so different there too.

Doomsayer

Thanks for sharing :) It's a bit similar to one of my brews, but in the beginning i used a 20 min addition, a 15 min (don't forget protafloc and yeast nutrients ^_^) and a 0 min addition. And 5 days dry hop after fermentation is done. But I noticed I liked it better when adding a 10 gram 60 minute addition. Glad to hear the brew day went well. :) And also glad people started writing here again :D Took a few days so thought my post was a failure :)

Edit: Also used Safale US-05 as yeast so different there too.

Yeah, my brew buddy and I have tweaked this recipe a few times and this may be the final tweak before we "lock it in" if you will. We've done bittering hops at first wort annd we've done some 20 minute additions. This is the first time we are only doing a 10 minute + whirlpool.

I've used US05 for a few of our NEIPA inspired recipes, and we've tried a few others as well. WLP090, WLP023, but nothing compares to 1318. We do a hazy blonde with 1318 as well, that one is always a hit.

Rimshot

Yeah, my brew buddy and I have tweaked this recipe a few times and this may be the final tweak before we "lock it in" if you will. We've done bittering hops at first wort annd we've done some 20 minute additions. This is the first time we are only doing a 10 minute + whirlpool.

I've used US05 for a few of our NEIPA inspired recipes, and we've tried a few others as well. WLP090, WLP023, but nothing compares to 1318. We do a hazy blonde with 1318 as well, that one is always a hit.

Wish I could taste them :)

Just went to the basement to check on pliny, and it seems to have stopped fermenting. It was really bubbly the same day and it's been so until today so feel pretty safe at least with it being done :) Time for the longest dry hopping I've ever done (14 days)

kotodama

What kind of keg setup do you use? I am using cornelius kegs that I have in the basement where I force carbonate and such, and then fill my mini party kegs from that I then have in the fridge since they don't take much space.

Edit: Just leaving a link to David Heaths videos as he primarily uses the grainfather and is general very pleasant to listen to surrounding brewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJm2zux55M

My keg setup is force carb'ed cornelius kegs into a shoddy DIY kegerator. These two batches though, I plan to purge and bottle condition them in the kegs for two weeks at room temp and perhaps lager the oktoberfest one for 3 weeks in the kegerator if I'm not using it then.

Nice introduction to the Grainfather in that video. That glycol kit looks pretty awesome too and always a fan of the IPL style.

NEIPA nice. That styles been on my to-do list. From that recipe it looks like that'll be some hazy juicy deliciousness.

Just went to the basement to check on pliny, and it seems to have stopped fermenting. It was really bubbly the same day and it's been so until today so feel pretty safe at least with it being done :) Time for the longest dry hopping I've ever done (14 days)

Pliny clones are great, but that hop bill gets pricey fast. Last one I brewed was based off the recipe from Brewing Classic Styles by Zainasheff and Palmer. However, I pushed a lot of the hop additions closer to the end of the boil to lessen the bitter aspects and riff off that Northeast style. T'was a hit among my friends.

wowzors

Quick question for yall, how do you guys effectively strain your beer? I recently brewed a NEIPA and getting the beer flowing through the strainer was a bit of a pain in the ass, lots of green slush I had to clear out.

Doomsayer

I briefly brought this up, but we should start a little homebrew exchange here, maybe like 2-3 beers from each of us and send 'em around. I'd be game with that.

Quick question for yall, how do you guys effectively strain your beer? I recently brewed a NEIPA and getting the beer flowing through the strainer was a bit of a pain in the ass, lots of green slush I had to clear out.

Honestly, I always just write off .3-.5 gallons when doing a NEIPA. It's better than using a paint strainer on the racking cane.

Anyone post their brewing stuff on social media? I haven't posted in a while (cause I'm lazy) but on IG my tag is : @FathomlessBrewing. I also normally write up my brew day experiences on beergonomics.wordpress.com. In case anyone cares :p

kotodama

When I'm not bagging my hops that has been my experience as well, especially when using hop pellets. Currently thinking about getting one of those stainless steel hop spiders, as I've seen some pros use it and they said utilization is fine.

Other then bagging and spiders, whirlpooling helps if you can do it.

Rimshot

Strainer? I guess you are talking about transferring from the fermenter? I use a siphon and just brew a few more litres than I need as I count on some loss because I don't want any yeast or old hops.

Edit: understood that you meant from the boil by the comment above me. I always use hop bags if I use pellets. With whole hops the spiders work well, but they do not keep it in as well when using pellets.

If you plan for half a gallon or so beyond your finished target volume, you can just dump that last half gallon or so of trub and hop matter. No worries about straining it out that way. I brew 6 gallon batches, and write off a gallon between hose/chiller loss, and trub/hop matter. Then I always get 5 gallons into the keg.

*edit* Ah, now I see. I don't bother - just use pellet hops and let 'er rip.

Rimshot

My keg setup is force carb'ed cornelius kegs into a shoddy DIY kegerator.

That's more than I have :) Wish I'd have room for a fridge in my apartment to have the big kegs in. You live in a house I guess?

On another note, I bought one of those dry hopping filters from aliexpress. Thought it would sink since it was metal, but it was light as a feather :) So had to borrow some of my sons glass marbles to weigh it down, but it worked very well once those were included.

Rimshot

I wish I had room for a man-cave, beer and retro gaming! :D

Someday when my girlfriend agrees on moving out to a house instead of living in the middle of the city...

kotodama

That's more than I have :) Wish I'd have room for a fridge in my apartment to have the big kegs in. You live in a house I guess?

On another note, I bought one of those dry hopping filters from aliexpress. Thought it would sink since it was metal, but it was light as a feather :) So had to borrow some of my sons glass marbles to weigh it down, but it worked very well once those were included.

Nah, apartment living too. It's a really small kegerator. It was setup for two taps, but really can only get one corny keg in it. I've been thinking about maybe stacking a 1 gallon Torpedo keg with a 2.5 gallon one if I want to exploit both taps. Otherwise, I was looking at those Keg King Kegerators, but their foot print is massive in comparison.

Those filters look better than the old tea ball filters. Hmm, I might have to pick one or two of those up for my next IPA or dry hopped Wine.

--

Retested my split batch, the Steamtoberfest beer is going to get keg conditioned tomorrow. Ester production for a lager yeast at high temp doesn't seem too bad or pleasant even. It reminds me of a strong mild ale I had recently for a Pink Boots event. T'was delicious. The Saison is drying out nicely at 1.006 now from 1.024 last week. The cloyingness is gone, but we can do dryer, maybe. Nice clove and pepper on the nose. I'll give it two more weeks in primary and hopefully, it'll be bone dry at 1.0.

Interesting the lager side is a couple shades darker than the saison side though they had the same pilsner base. Maybe something like SRM 20 vs SRM 15.

Here's my bar, made the kegerator and bar myself. Other side of the room is my projector for gaming and sports

Jelly. That's a beautiful set up. I wish I had the space.

Doomsayer

Here's my bar, made the kegerator and bar myself. Other side of the room is my projector for gaming and sports
http://i.imgur.com/GmKVQPYr.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That is a pretty rad set up. Currently in the process of moving from a townhouse to an actual house where I have a legit set up in the garage. I already started drawing a floorplan for what I want to do.

I also have some pretty exciting news. I'm going to be brewing on a pro 10 bbl system with a local brewery as a "collab." It isn't going to be bottled or canned, but it will be available for growlers. Hopefully I get enough to send some extras out. This is taking place in October.

Here's few bonus pics:
[IMG]https://beergonomics.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/img-20170805-wa0012.jpg?w=303&h=404 NEIPA we brewed this past weekend after being chilled, pre-pitch.

Cascade bine coming in strong. First year bines, so the yield so far is surprising.

Rimshot

So my pliny clone had not bubbled for days, so I thought it was done fermenting, but the day after I added the dry hops it started bubbling again. Here's hoping the yeast just took a timeout for rest before starting again, and that there was nothing bad on the hops :)

So my pliny clone had not bubbled for days, so I thought it was done fermenting, but the day after I added the dry hops it started bubbling again. Here's hoping the yeast just took a timeout for rest before starting again, and that there was nothing bad on the hops :)
You've got a fair amount of CO2 dissolved in your beer right now. What's happening is that the hops you threw in are providing nucleation points for that CO2 to come out of solution. You might get a little activity from rousing the yeast if you sloshed it a bit when handling, but that's likely to be minimal. Don't sweat it. You're probably in good shape.

I'd also not rely on airlock bubbling as a measure of fermentation. I've had brews that are still bubbling at their final gravity. Trust the hydrometer instead of your ear :)

Rimshot

Mangrove Jack's yeast is also known for actually not fermenting the whole way, and then starting up again when you keg it or similar from what I've heard. But yeah not going to rely completely on the air lock :) Going to go down with the hydrometer at the next dry hopping step.

Thanks for the comments :)

Rimshot

Just curious if anyone lives in an apartment and has managemed to make a small footprint kegerator that doesn't stand out too much so that the SO allows it? :) Mind sharing pictures?

Something like this is pretty easy to build, especially since most mini fridges don't have anything running through the top. Just grab a minifridge and a 2 head tap tower. You might have to trim some foam off the sides and remove the door shelving, but shouldn't be too hard.

I don't have pictures, but I did something similar when I was in a small apartment. I just used picnic taps in a mini fridge, which works, but having real taps is really worth it.

Just curious if anyone lives in an apartment and has managemed to make a small footprint kegerator that doesn't stand out too much so that the SO allows it? :) Mind sharing pictures?

WeYzRcH_csr0hK8BBnUHqsn5xDu8DuFfAiSFxOPZplaWWo4xTKjNvfnAJqP1vKUrA4pkybQJNAefh9M93hhAOU8r5rqsfGAkm8Aa_zKyW-jmaAnqe3FHLxDTanenN9qcKVrWBJ8aWOSx8JF6RzfUe0SoHqiwlwhH8tJSXp4rBHPAySIiNwpexdPshHRfANPftA63J4BBcuOdJX1A7LkPcgCGU_ULIqFY9KZCUmr0GKiBX4JudUlhBxk2vbNlLonYJo0BN1B10WOroUv1xbaHCK9WtZv9Tdlcan-qJwWTB3MWpBmRTzA__eOC6HkLxej2Be-a0mo2yD6OIIhkMLq0lDTi3xRHDTe6MAcFbXH_6ArK89a5OK_5EQ11_zhksbzZoCdae5azPFiBinQyQOjKD4It0w-0z_M4H_H8tOBAn-C8tbIQMvw0P-yTR2o_tf4-SwiynyaQ1CwNvS2-uX6zIF2p9oEFlbr0bKXzx-jdJyR8x_HIWeg0y3iD2YhP0IuX9I7SA7KN_11Surjd8PhfsiyDxBBUYJU5xfanJHqhhfFB_JHzJMhSaa7pd7-dNr0UslR0YTj1PvxRx9vuQd2OGd8eDJEPsmXM8dRP2HZMRapTbqymuEksHQ=w349-h619-no

I found a great deal on a kegerator on Amazon last Fall. Small, sleek, and can fit three kegs inside.

This one has good temp control so it works well as a fermentation chamber

G987J3hsRoZOMZY8CK7Io8u3XvPh9PkLzv38kpfRox7aC0xyP5iFwulvwwA7SUg69_vJ02wfLyJdFgggg5KZuUcij-c9hucbvqFPz8HeGYdSYh9hQVIvMocRlCCkEJCwugVoQsEl1kHLcgBc2P5JbCX3G97nMKWrYIFRC5Eku8LZPrDX1gry2Tsx5f6ztynQX8xoAesy_7REox0d-M0Kpt0wfjaGJMiGvEKZocIL_r1JhvxWeBuhjn5iWujiS5wliSEuNqDnaFQTEodLggO2TwEOr2YM2QAZq182q8eihFg1OBcGwQl-wt0qJnUQ0TcIpCurr_GFeVVfVhL12_Q1qvguzdrvsDwtbB-XvJ2LWd8CXMYvqydQqwomDtiz12m8U2FAVUu8D9YgWLHzMf1l9HPFBRTjymyjuGfC7bJLnAsBerBFKrGg6X6MThWEiNXXmu3FeVk1jwReNBwMBSWLLAbtmD0fNaLx5XwASY3LrIbs3ll4-3tcev1mqbe1dCZvW4Ji7pTLd7rpxQzJSF9MiTKC-krRbdfzbnn-_IKH3FLc3PxoGOvaKRMWZG-RWSWsaWe6pe8lLLABPAhvHVzvo4qpm6hq8BHC13lRSBKFISOJ8g1IWAGvUg=w349-h619-no

Holds three kegs!

6uRkRHllcmOYDpc4OLhZx_ICXQT6jtU70wVOlUSy_Ook32iF5DtLAe5VNCZUJGtQn5wwRuxKgoF14ET0eRzxTIeBL0oAuH1UbaHjB211qTcUjRwH1utsJqO-g9HmTt67bFs2BptsC7g8AmoUT9maBYFku_MK3TPrMVQlDM0D--OCI1ORyjYe6L3yHuy2NzsY-DQ1yYsDVhzqS7DfP2oxWSLc5z8Xk7iN1VmquOXSK4qccGB2yGgqMadYtmrk5YJmzviDYo1sd490wnCLD6f5LLG58LO7XwTbwsh6eXpEUnNEBdM3F7OfWU9beDxzlaKBQVJ6URt-pz7s903j65uK2o9kdiVSXL0AErc-v62jsUKB98wes4P1i6nUCiV40CBrkQVmqVizPfbbMGJ5MfFOwcCmDLE-VjRxQsNMm-jWuE8p6Sa2M3wdXRamkuvE0tPBO8arRL0co4jvaq6B-XbXQnHn6T2itTLWb-RrfAA4OUXVh6feoRpVb0oUvA9an83Ug9nJw5T5LHgSp134fj2IBC5OwXAA5pCoxufFhPSl15zeKFnH7mm-4Kcx3L_L0IXTis8vf1_oeY7w8ljKX5NqP9rZazgoB13KW77EmikB3Tc9Zp565Gkg7A=w349-h619-no

Yeah minifridge kegerators are a good way to go. I have an actual kegerator, but I know plenty of people that use converted minifridges.

I use my kegerator as a fermentation chamber, too. I have a full size fridge that I could use, but it's often easier to just pull the kegs out of the kegerator and put those in the fridge for the few days that I need temperature control than it is to maintain the whole refrigerator at ~65 degrees.

kotodama

Kegged the Saison today, and it was still at 1.006. Ah well, I guess the yeast gave up, but it's all right. I tried to shove the Steamtoberfest beer in the kegerator to start to lager it, but I have a sixtel of Alesmith .394 that's blocking it. Darn it, only if my kegerator was 2 or 3 centimetres wider. First world problems lol. I'll try again in a day or two.

Rimshot

So the Pliny the elder clone turned out really great :)

Now I have to somehow drink up the 20 liters of 8% beer i made ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom