• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moxie - America’s Great, Forgotten Beverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
My order of Moxie, in cans, from the official website arrived today. I can confirm that the official version, in cans, has a much stronger flavor than the bottled version, which is made by a licensed distributor. I don't know if the distributor tweaked the formula a bit or if the difference is due to the use of corn syrup (cans) vs. cane sugar (bottles). As my soda-obsessed brother tells me, cane sugar washes away more fully, giving a "cleaner" taste. Corn syrup makes flavors linger with its sticky mouth feel. So the canned version could promote maximal mouth-gentianation - a term I invented to describe the scientific process whereby the root extractive in Moxie makes it taste like heaven/the inside of an electrical transformer.

For the full Moxie experience, order cans from drinkmoxie.com.

Fusebox

Banned
Superb OP, never heard of the drink before, just the movie quote. Such an interesting read I need to taste Moxie one day for closure.

Monocle

That was a fascinating and very funny OP. Guess you could say that Bagels has...

a quaint predilection for an obscure beverage.

Kas

As someone who grew up in New England, and have lived here forever, I've had 2 bottles of it in my entire life.

Not a fan, but a friend of mine loves it.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
That was a fascinating and very funny OP. Guess you could say that Bagels has...

a quaint predilection for an obscure beverage.

Quaint Predilection For An Obscure Beverage is the state soft drink of Rhode Island.

My next task is seeing how much it costs to mail a can to an exotic, faraway land, like New Zealand, or Canada! Depending on the cost, I may be able to send samples to curious non-Americans.

The idea of having the only Moxie in, say, the Netherlands is almost too exciting to consider!

Monocle

Quaint Predilection For An Obscure Beverage is the state soft drink of Rhode Island.

My next task is seeing how much it costs to mail a can to an exotic, faraway land, like New Zealand, or Canada! Depending on the cost, I may be able to send samples to curious non-Americans.

The idea of having the only Moxie in, say, the Netherlands is almost too exciting to consider!
Rhode Island always was the most pretentious state.

I cannot abide your notion of exporting our precious Moxie. The beverage (and indeed the quality that shares its name) is by and for Americans. It shan't be otherwise.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Rhode Island always was the most pretentious state.

I cannot abide your notion of exporting our precious Moxie. The beverage (and indeed the quality that shares its name) is by and for Americans. It shan't be otherwise.

They need to find out what FREEDOM tastes like.

What are the best cocktails to make with Moxie?

The only one I have tried is the Mad Mailman - Moxie and Jagermeister.

Foxix Von

Just found a bottle of this at a local Haggen's. Decided to say fuck it and pick it up for a try. I needed a pick me up considering my shitty migraine filled week of fighting an ear infection.

It's goddamn good. It's got a distinct taste that's... Kind of root~ish. Kind of like if coca-cola, a root beer, and dr pepper all had a crazy drunken night out and nine months later this thing was birthed and I'm not quite sure who the father is.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
I've had several friends text me in the past few weeks after they found Moxie at Cracker Barrel. Check out the shopping area in the restaurant, invariably referred to by Mrs. Bagels as "the crap store." If they have Moxie, we might need to change that name.

Just found a bottle of this at a local Haggen's. Decided to say fuck it and pick it up for a try. I needed a pick me up considering my shitty migraine filled week of fighting an ear infection.

It's goddamn good. It's got a distinct taste that's... Kind of root~ish. Kind of like if coca-cola, a root beer, and dr pepper all had a crazy drunken night out and nine months later this thing was birthed and I'm not quite sure who the father is.

So glad you enjoyed it! Your description is pretty spot-on, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom