• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s to phase out Hi-C from menu, replaced with proprietary Sprite TropicBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackattk

*taps toes patiently waiting while person in front of me goes through every single option and still can't decide*

Yup... people not knowing how to operate the machine, not knowing what they want to drink, and just how much longer it takes overall can make it a little frustrating.

I have seen people pick the drink they want and then just sit there, long enough for the machine to go back to the main screen. I was sitting at the time but was watching them, they ended up going to the cashier and raising a fuss about the machine not working. If I was in line, I would have walked them through it, like I have many times before.. But I am not going to get up and interrupt my meal.

Or they would pick out what they want to drink, THEN get the ice, and by the time they want to pour the drink out it goes back to the main menu.

The freestyle machine is pretty nice, but for a Mcdonalds location they would need at least two, and I am sure it could get pretty expensive for them.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
No they don't. drinks from that machine taste like ass. The coke formula comes out fucked up. Stick with regular fountains until they fix that.

Preach. The freestyle machines SUCK. Taste coke out of a bottle and then taste coke out of that machine. Barely tastes like the same product.

I read a twitter comment saying that Burger King carries the Orange hi c. Hopefully he means it's the exact same and not like Wendy's or Jack's orange Hi c.

snacknuts

we all knew her
When I worked at McDonald's in high school, my manager had me clean the grill with Hi-C a couple times when we were out of the actual grill cleaning fluid.

Malakai

I wish McDonald's Ice Tea wasn't so watered down in my area. It sucks for us that don't like carbonated beverages. Less options.

Rootbeer

Banned
The freestyle machines that are thankfully getting installed at most locations now have Fanta, in just about every flavor. Learn to adapt.

lenovox1

Orange Hi-C was a staple for the past 30+ years a McDonald's.....I am disappointed. Diet Coke is WAY worse for you.

*Sigh*

Show your work. How is Diet Coke way worse for you? (I'm attempting to get you to do some light research about artificial sweeteners and diet beverages).

I'm annoyed that my McD's doesn't have this new Sprite flavor yet. Everything I've found has said that it was supposed to be in all stores by mid summer. It's now October and nowhere in my city has it.

rjinaz

Orange Hi-C was a staple for the past 30+ years a McDonald's.....I am disappointed. Diet Coke is WAY worse for you.

Nah.

By the way I found that the Crush Orange drops you can buy at the store taste pretty similar to hi-c. It is sweetened with Splenda though that's the one catch so the taste isn't perfect. Still, it's a good enough fix for me if I ever need some hi-c. I don't drink sugar drinks anymore anyway. Stevia for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom