• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s to phase out Hi-C from menu, replaced with proprietary Sprite TropicBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed phased out by July.

WGN said:
Say goodbye to Hi-C Orange at McDonald’s.

The fast-food chain will begin phasing out the beverage on May 1, according to a memo posted this week on Reddit. A representative for McDonald’s told Eat This, Not That that all locations will stop carrying the drink after July.

According to the memo, the chain is introducing a new “proprietary” beverage called Sprite TropicBerry that will be served exclusively at McDonald’s locations. It’s part of the company’s partnership with Coca-Cola.

McDonald’s website touts Hi-C Orange Lavaburst as “packed with crisp citrus flavor,” but customers won’t be able to enjoy it for much longer. You may still have time to order the drink because McDonald’s locations are advised to keep selling it until their current supply is gone.

Doesn't bother me. I never get Hi-C.

DOWN

Banned
Oh nooooo

I always buy Hi-C from there when I'm sick

It legit has lots of Vitamin C and their exclusive flavor is the best

Bread

Banned
Hi-C Orange used to be so fucking good, then they changed it to orange lavaburst and it sucked. Good riddance!

Dynomutt

Damn shame. They should be adding more via the Coke Freestyle machine. Coke Freestyle has Raspberry, Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Grape, Watermelon and just about any other flavor you can imagine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I get the Hi-C sometimes. But that Sprite flavor sounds good.

I was mad at first, then I realized I get Coke or Grape Soda whenever I go now.

Either way, I can still get the drink from Hardees, which I visit more often than McDs.

KoopaTheCasual

This is bullshit. I hate carbonated drinks of all kinds.

Hi-C was one of the few things I could reliably get.

I'm only in McD's once every couple months, but still that's a big bummer

All I remember is it tasting godly out of this as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Can't remember if it was Hi-C or not, but I recall back when I worked there in the late 90s, you could rent one of those large, yellow, barrel-shaped beverage coolers and buy a gallon jug of whatever the concentrated orange-flavored drink was for various occasions.

Edit: Yeah, this thing:

All I remember is it tasting godly out of this as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

AudioEppa

I don't eat McDonald's anymore. But after this news, I might go back this one time. It use to be my 1 of 2 favorite beverages when I was little.

But seriously fuck HFCS juice.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I typically don't buy anything that comes with a drink (e.g., value meal) but if I do, my drink of choice has typically been a cup of mostly lemonade with a brief dash of that Fruitopia stuff, so I could pretend I have pink lemonade.

GPsych

I liked it better when it was just "orange drink." Not even sure what the flavor was actually supposed to be - it definitely didn't taste like an orange.

Camjo-Z

WHAT

This is the drink I always get, I hate soda. It's not like their food's getting any better so I guess they're not getting my business anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom