• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

iudmwiRPFgPDk.png

GAF's most hated show is back!
ibebnEJ3tCalQp.png

----------------------------------

HOMELAND
Season Premiere: Sun, Sept 29 at 9 PM ET/PT (Showtime)

General information: IMDb | Showtime | TV.com | Wikipedia | Wiki | SpoilerTV - Episode guide

Season 3 synopsis
Season three opens during the aftermath of the horrific terror attack that destroyed the U.S. intelligence apparatus, and prompted a global manhunt for the world’s most wanted terrorist – Nicholas Brody. The government’s investigation starts to deepen and the Senate Select Committee is asking for answers. The new season also finds Carrie and Saul begin to rebuild their personal and professional lives in the middle of a media firestorm about the terrorist attack and search for Brody.

iPakCRVBCDIgM.png

• Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison
  • Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody
  • Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson
  • Morena Baccarin as Jessica Brody.
  • Rupert Friend as Peter Quinn
  • Jackson Pace as Chris Brody
  • Morgan Saylor as Dana Brody
  • F. Murray Abraham as Dar Adal
  • Sarita Choudhury as Mira Berenson
  • Tracy Letts as Senator Andrew Lockhart

The third season has three previous guest actors: Rupert Friend, F. Murray Abraham and Sarita Choudhury, being promoted to series regulars. Tracy Letts joined the cast playing Senator Andrew Lockhart, Chairman of Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, as a series regular. Diego Klattenhoff and David Marciano, who portray Mike Faber and Virgil, will not return as series regulars, but are expected to return in a recurring capacity.

• New characters
Amy Morton as Erin Kimball
Joanna Merlin as Grandma Lois
Nazanin Boniadi as Fara
Gary Wilmes as Dr. Richardson
Sam Underwood as Leo
Lawrence Clayton as Admiral Jim Pennington
Pedro Pascal as Majority Counsel David Portillo

itwYffb7VPPrT.png

S1

1.01 Pilot
1.02 Grace
1.03 Clean Skin
1.04 Semper I
1.05 Blind Spot
1.06 The Good Soldier
1.07 The Weekend
1.08 Achilles Heel
1.09 Crossfire
1.10 Representative Brody
1.11 The Vest
1.12 Marine One

S2

2.01 The Smile
2.02 Beirut is Back
2.03 State of Independence
2.04 New Car Smell
2.05 Q&A
2.06 A Gettysburg Address
2.07 The Clearing
2.08 I'll Fly Away
2.09 Two Hats
2.10 Broken Hearts
2.11 In Memoriam
2.12 The Choice

S3

3.01 Tim Man is Down 29.09
3.02 Uh... Oo... Aw... 06.10
3.03 Tower of David 13.10

Buy the first and the second season in Bluray here and here.

Interviews:
Reviews:
- Tim Goodman @ THR: Homeland Review
The Bottom Line: After a lackluster second season, the terrorism drama rebounds with a refocus on character. "Homeland" is back on track.
- Andy Greenwald for Grantland: Spy Hard - Homeland is back, but has it fixed its second-season problems?
Homeland remains a uniquely compelling series, often as clever as it is dim, as goofy as it is good. (As Saul himself said to Carrie last December: "You're the smartest and the dumbest fucking person I've ever known.") Recent history aside, the very best TV is almost never about the destination. It's about appreciating the perilous journey taken to get there. And that's something worth remembering as Homeland's writers once again attempt to tiptoe across a crater they themselves created.
- NY Times review
The third season doesn’t just stretch credulity, it tries patience
- Variety Review
Few programs have experienced the explosive trajectory of “Homeland,” an Emmy winner for its first season before vaulting headlong into its second, wildly veering off course and, almost literally, blowing the whole thing up in the season finale. The third flight thus finds the series back on somewhat more sober terrain in addressing the fallout from those events, while suffering from big absences initially. Smart, watchable and extremely well cast, “Homeland’s” creative roller-coaster ride ultimately illustrates the gap between a popcorn show like “24” — not a bad option, but more limited — and the tougher-to-execute hairpin turns of a “Breaking Bad.”

MEDIA

ixXKXOXXgfbZX.png

iv0NQKa96ZGFP.png
iK6bsIB3ZMUYL.png
ibyljJU2pTIxe8.png

iZHC1S9BVUqL6.gif
ib0IQv1eUAXxCj.gif
ipqQmf7zAO9YV.gif
ibccHFbuSRd6Sy.gif

VIDEOS

Season 3: Official Trailer

Season 3: Behind the Scenes

The cast recaps the first two seasons of Homeland

OLD THREADS
S1
S2

* Thanks to Cornballer for helping me with the thread content!

* No spoilers!

icuFASfKBuumK.png

jtb

Banned
Great OP.

I liked the premiere. Hopefully having severed a lot of the S2 plots, they can rebuild the show into something a bit more S1-esque.

Wes

venison crêpe
Haha! That NY Times review quote. I'll give it a couple of episodes to win back my trust.

Thanks for the new thread - nice work!

Some of the reviews sound a little more positive this year, so I'm onboard for a few more episodes. On the other hand, things like Gansa's interview with NY Mag make me cringe. Let's see how it shakes out - at least the cast is doing some good work. Hope to see more of Saul, Quinn, and Dar Adal this season.

jtb

Banned
also, if S3 really is about the viability of the CIA, that would be an interesting premise. Make it a courtroom drama, of sorts, except played out over senate hearings. Or something. I dunno. Just follow through on that because they can't do the whole 24 + star-crossed-lovers thing again. They really can't.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is this even worse than Dexter? I gotta know if I can join the hate-watching.

Card Boy

Banned
Well i watched seasons 1 and 2 and loved it. If you want to watch a bad show then watch Walking Dead, its an insult to its source material.

ezekial45

Banned
Is this even worse than Dexter? I gotta know if I can join the hate-watching.

First season of Homeland was great, but the second season was pretty lame for the most part. But I'd still put that over Dexter's final season. Easily.

I'm hoping this one will be better.

hamchan

Yeah back on this trainwreck!

Still wary even if the reviews say the start of season 3 is solid.

I remember the start of season 2 being great and then climaxing with Q&A and that fantastic interrogation scene. Then, the whole show just fell apart and devolved into nonsense.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

First season of Homeland was great, but the second season was pretty lame for the most part. But I'd still put that over Dexter's final season. Easily.

I'm hoping this one will be better.

The final scene of last season had a couple of Dexter moments, hate-watching it kinda sucks when the series is just mediocre.

Oh, phew, I'm glad. I didn't want to smoke crack and just go to bed after watching every episode.

jtb

Banned
Spoiler: Brody is in the trailer. Brody is in all the promotional material. Brody did not die at the end of S2. At the end of S2, Carrie explicitly says that she wants to clear Brody's name.

We're getting more Brody. For better or for worse, it's just a question of when.

Spoiler: Brody is in the trailer. Brody is in all the promotional material. Brody did not die at the end of S2. At the end of S2, Carrie explicitly says that she wants to clear Brody's name.

We're getting more Brody. For better or for worse, it's just a question of when.

By "Brody," do you mean Chris Brody?

Because I think we're all down for that.

I will only watch this, if:

Claire Danes gets naked with Morena Baccarin and they have sweaty, steamy, passionate love-making.

Or if I'm in the mood for a comedy.

One or the other.

Vire

Could someone explain why this is so hated on GAF? I was thinking of starting to watch due to the great reviews elsewhere.

Sailor

Spoilers!

REALLY loved the show when I was watching Season 1. But when it became all lubby dubby I began hating it Season 2. I always had an inkling at the end of S2 that Brody was truly behind it all. That he was the mastermind and planned the whole thing so that he would never get caught. Now he fooled Carrie into thinking he's innocent and he has an escape in Canada. It would be perfect. I really hope that is the direction they take because Brody punking out and selling out to the CIA was pretty lame IMO. Dat scene where he's about to blow himself up in the safe room was some of the best television I've ever seen in my life.

Could someone explain why this is so hated on GAF? I was thinking of starting to watch due to the great reviews elsewhere.

It started off as a fantastic show that quickly and drastically suffered due to executives exercising their power over writers in the dumbest ways possible.

Vire

It started off as a fantastic show that quickly and drastically suffered due to executives exercising their power over writers in the dumbest ways possible.

Season 2's a pretty epic clusterfuck.

It's not all bad, but man, there's some real nutty shit in S2.

Thanks guys, ah what the hell, I have it all here on demand. Since Breaking Bad is ending I need a new show to watch... :(

Christ. This show is incredibly Islamophobic, but I'm going to watch it anyway. Shame on me, I guess.

I dunno, man.

I mean, Osama bin Laden managed to sneak into America in Season 2, so I think there's a case to be made that Homeland's America is less racist than Real America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom