• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I'm really looking forward to this new season. I think S3 was really good fun once it got going. It's two biggest problems were both mainly in the first half of the season—Dana and the convoluted double cross but not really thing. Once Javahdi entered the picture and the plot picked up momentum, it felt like the show was back to its espionage roots (even if not quite at the same level with the great premise S1 Brody brought to the table)

S3 was quite a return to form and...permanently resolved the weakest link of the show. The one thing that bothers me is that Carrie is still the main character. There's no fucking way someone with known mental issues would be made station chief in the CIA. I realize the show isn't 100% realistic regardless, but her presence makes it ridiculous. I'd rather have Quinn in charge, Saul as his mentor, and Carrie being used as an outside asset of some type.

- THR: 'Homeland' Adds Trio to Season 4
Homeland continues to beef up its cast for the upcoming fourth season — adding two actors for heavily recurring roles and one new guest.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Mark Moses (Mad Men) and Indian actress Nimrat Kaur have joined the series for several episodes. Additionally, Art Malik will appear in one episode.

Moses, whose TV roles include Mad Men's Duck Phillips and a long-time gig on Desperate Housewives, will play
something of a debauched expat. His character, Dennis, is described as an academic teaching political science at Islamabad's Quaid-I-Azam University.
Kaur, who scored crossover success with 2013 Cannes darling The Lunchbox, will get her first big U.S. showing as
a high-level operative within Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence.

Malik, perhaps best known for playing the villain in 1994 action-thriller True Lies, is playing
an old friend of Saul's: retired Pakistani general Bunran "Bunny" Latif.

Homeland is currently shooting its fourth season in South Africa, where Cape Town is doubling for Islamabad.

mVkhhIA.jpg

Oh, its the True Lies guy!

Is it weird that the situation with Israel/Gaza has stopped me from watching Tyrant, and will probably stop me from enjoying the new Homeland? I always thought it was a bit risqué of an Israeli show to have a show largely revolving around Muslims. Even though I felt Homeland has handled it well, and Tyrant was a nice guilty pleasure from what I've seen.. I feel like this is a taboo subject, but just wanted to see if I was alone in this.

I'll be.

Hopefully they've learned their lessons and it's back to season 1 greatness again.

A man can dream. Although, I loved the first half of season 2 and second half of season 3.

dubc35

I'll be.

Hopefully they've learned their lessons and it's back to season 1 greatness again.

A man can dream. Although, I loved the first half of season 2 and second half of season 3.

Same here. Hoping it regains the glory. I've been avoiding casting/plot talk so hopefully it's good. It's a make or break season IMO with Brody gone.

Vashetti

Banned
New season looks great.
The only Brody baggage is the baby and it seems like Carrie dumps it very quickly on her sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom