• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Up For Preorder ($100/US only)

The Collector's Edition of the Homeworld remaster is now up for preorder on Amazon.com.

It's listed as $100 and can only be, currently, shipped in the United States.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6ZUOQE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

41wiX7vJe8L.jpg

Customers will receive a Homeworld Remastered Collection digital download voucher as well as:
An exclusive Pride of Hiigara Mothership replica, over 13"tall on an iconic Guidestone Replica base. Beautifully and meticulously crafted with hand-painted detail. Comes to life with USB-powered LEDs illuminating the ship's engines, ports and bays.
A revised Historical Briefings and Artwork book includes the backstory of the Homeworld universe, some newly uncovered details from the game's creators plus a dazzling collection of original concept art by Rob Cunningham and Aaron Kambeitz.
A die-cast Angel Moon Homeworld keychain.

Thanks to chrominance for the update in the previous thread.

Jackpot

Banned
And still no actual screenshots to confirm the games are anything more than what a GOG update entails. Gearbox give me bad vibes.

DocSeuss

So far Gearbox are proving they bought this license to fleece fans, not even seen the game yet.

You seem like a very skeptical person who has chosen not to seek out information about the product. They've got, like, a whole series of blog posts detailing the kind of stuff they've done, been generous with information dumps, etc.

vazel

Banned
Would be much better without the LEDs.
Yup, I'm still hoping the USB cable is detachable.
Did a quick google search and couldn't find one screenshot or game clip, yet here's the collectors edition ready to buy.

And yeh, I'm very sceptical because A:CM lol.
Even if the remastered versions turn out to be bad at least they're including the original versions; I'll be happy enough to own the originals on Steam. And we're getting a lore & art book plus a neat statue with this CE. Another thing I'm looking forward to is steam trading cards and steam profile wallpapers.

mantidor

$100!? lol no.

No physical game. No screenshots or gameplay footage. Not anything. Basically, $100 for a Mothership replica that we don't know how it will be, a key chain and a booklet.

Nope.

Ubersnug

I have a huge collection of digital games in mint condition... most are barely used, and some are 1st print, vga graded and sealed.

Same, plus alot of mine haven't even been dragged down the internetz tubez and are are still sealed on the server, using the ORIGINAL 1's and o's on the hard disk. That shit isn't even fragmented!

Top Bottom